Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 09:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
but strange are the ways of doing business by Clarion
They want to sell something to everybody, irrespective of which side of that debate they belong to...simple
Old 19th July 2007, 10:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
"Their DVD players actually read MP3s from DVD/R/RW formats. Some DVD players will play DVD movies, but can only read MP3s from CD. This defeats the most powerful incentive for having a DVD player, but isn't a problem for Clarion."

While the "GIGA-MP3" so called feature was introduced by JVC first, it is now side spread across the JVC range, and some Alpine, Sony, Pioneer models. The better ones do DivX, MP3, WMA, WAV, JPEG etc off the same DVD. Pretty cool I say. I actually installed an Alpine W200 in my car primarily for this feature, and while it worked well, I eventually parted ways with the unit.

One of the best budget decks with everything and the kitchen sink in it is the JVC AVX-800 or something like that. Sells for around 26-27K but has everything you could possibly want. Built in screen, 5.1 decoding, GIGA-MP3, DivX, 5.1 Time Alignment and much more.
Old 20th July 2007, 01:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Clarion has probably lost my sale. I will go with Fujitsu Eclipse if available in India.
Old 20th July 2007, 09:04   #49
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Clarion has probably lost my sale. I will go with Fujitsu Eclipse if available in India.
I guess it is officially available in India, saw a store in Jayangar are, Bangalore, displaying the same.

Gurus, since Alpine is going downhill with its SQ and Clarion with its a.s.s how bout Eclipse?

Any reviews on it?
Old 20th July 2007, 09:34   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If I am not wrong. Clarion has been losing sales globally. those who use it swear by it but others dont even know about it or wont go for it. Shows sheer ignorance.
This is the case worldwide (except the USA). Clarion in India will survive because of the OEM market, not the aftersales.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sam, Do you know if Fujitsu Eclipse is available in India?
Old 22nd July 2007, 05:23   #52
BHPian

Reading this thread made me think of a couple of questions to ask the experts.

Firstly, regarding the Clarion HX2 and other such "audiophile" HUs which only play regular Redbook CDs, isnt that something to do with the laser that reads the information? I've been shopping for a home CD player and I know that those that play only CDs are far better (in terms of sound quality) than those that play MP3s etc (or DVD players that play almost everything). One of the contributing factors is the pickup/laser/head.

Secondly, didnt Clarion buy McIntosh, the venerated Hifi component maker, a few years ago? Could that have affected the quality of their equipment in any way? And has anyone ever heard a McIntosh deck in a car? I dont remember the model number now but it comes with this optional thing with a couple of McIntosh style analogue guages that looks absolutely stunning! I think somebody on tbhp has an image of it as their avatar. I can barely imagine what such a setup would sound like, if paired with the right speakers and amps.
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:22   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Sam, Do you know if Fujitsu Eclipse is available in India?
Hi,

Yes it is now available in India as Eclipse.

Viper
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

Here's a McIntosh HU:

Behind his seats: (He has a JL W6v2 in the boot)

Last edited by hydrashok : 22nd July 2007 at 09:35.
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:41   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Secondly, didnt Clarion buy McIntosh, the venerated Hifi component maker, a few years ago? Could that have affected the quality of their equipment in any way? And has anyone ever heard a McIntosh deck in a car? I dont remember the model number now but it comes with this optional thing with a couple of McIntosh style analogue guages that looks absolutely stunning! I think somebody on tbhp has an image of it as their avatar. I can barely imagine what such a setup would sound like, if paired with the right speakers and amps.
Clarion did acquire Mcintosh one time but later on Clarion sold McIntosh to D&M Holdings (joint venture of Denon & Marantz).

What ever time McIntosh & Clarion were together they shared their expertise with each other. If you see Clarion HX-D2 internals it is inspired by McIntosh HU a lot. The transport is the same, chassis build, quality of RCA & Layout etc etc. The idea of outboard DC-DC Convertor also comes from McIntosh HU.

We have used system based of complete McIntosh front end and electronics including HU, CD Changer, Power Meters, Outboard DAC, Parametric EQ, Amplifiers.

McIntosh MX-5000 is undoubtedly the best SQ HU you can buy.

The power output meters are optional and makes the unit look like double din. The unit MPM-4000 connects to the speaker output of the amplifier and it displays the output in RMS given by the amplifer. It can be used with the amplifiers upto 200W and are 99% accurate.
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:07   #56
BHPian

Here is pic of MX-5000 & MPM-4000 combo in our C Class

Old 22nd July 2007, 13:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Quite a tuning this guys has done. I think he is not in the flavor of FLAT which is loved here . He must have tunned with a RTA.
Old 22nd July 2007, 14:49   #58
Team-BHP Support

Hydra, what is that McIntosh unit along with the amps?
Old 22nd July 2007, 15:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hydra, what is that McIntosh unit along with the amps?
That is McIntosh car audio amplifier along with Graphic Equaliser and Eclipse Amplifier.

Last edited by Autophile : 22nd July 2007 at 15:42.
Old 22nd July 2007, 16:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
That is McIntosh car audio amplifier along with Graphic Equaliser and Eclipse Amplifier.
Along with Phoenix Gold Tantrum EQ 15

Phoenix Gold Titanium TiDEQ Digital EQ

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PHOTEQ15

For the proper system tweaking, nothing beats a top-notch equalizer. The Tantrum series EQ15 gives you 15 bands of equalization for each stereo channel. Ultra smooth sliders control up to 12 dB of boost or cut for each equalizer band. Separate input and output level controls with peak level indicators allow for easy system matching and noise free signal to your amplifiers. Features an EQ defeat auxiliary output.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks