Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 10:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post

i can format my pen drive to ntfs. there is no bounding in windows that you cant formay your thumb drive to ntfs. if you want it, i can do it for you
Which version of windows do you have. Are you using windows default formating tools or any third part software.
Old 27th July 2007, 11:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

slightly oftopic, I am getting this HU for 5500 brand new. Is it worth the price?

How is the sound quality?
Old 27th July 2007, 11:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
slightly oftopic, I am getting this HU for 5500 brand new. Is it worth the price?

Which one is it.

The pioneer 7950 is for 9k in grey which has a USB support.
Old 27th July 2007, 12:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

the scorpio HU. I dont know the brand but the dealer said its kenwood nippon unit made for Mahindra scorpios. I saw the unit but the brand wasnt mentioned on it.

Also how is Sony MEX BT-2500 and how much should I pay for it in Grey?

the problem with 7950 is that it doesnt fall in my budget really. This HU is for the WagonR which doesnt run much. I may consider it for my lancer though which I am looking to get updated in the next 3 months. I am looking to spend 6K most for this HU for wagonR.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 27th July 2007 at 12:23.
Old 27th July 2007, 12:16   #20
BHPian

HU is ok, not that great.

Quote:

As I just got the car recently, did not listen to ICE so much. However the Nippon HU with OEM speakers just sounds very lost even after increasing the volume to very high. Today I turned on 'loud' on HU, it sounds better now.

Cool thing about HU is the option of multiple sources like CD,FM,USB(pendrive) and SD card.
I tried SD Card and that worked too!. Will have to check if I can connect a MP3 player.
Old 27th July 2007, 12:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the scorpio HU. I dont know the brand but the dealer said its kenwood nippon unit made for Mahindra scorpios. I saw the unit but the brand wasnt mentioned on it.

Also how is Sony MEX BT-2500 and how much should I pay for it in Grey?

the problem with 7950 is that it doesnt fall in my budget really. This HU is for the WagonR which doesnt run much. I may consider it for my lancer though which I am looking to get updated in the next 3 months. I am looking to spend 6K most for this HU for wagonR.
The scorpio HU is not worth the 5k price IMHO.

Do not know the sony HU price.
Old 27th July 2007, 14:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post

i can format my pen drive to ntfs. there is no bounding in windows that you cant formay your thumb drive to ntfs. if you want it, i can do it for you
Notorious, I know that removing the 'optimize for perormance' feature in the device manager lets you format it in NTFS. I can also think of a couple of tweaks that can get you through. But flash drives are meant for performance and it would be silly to have write caching enabled by removing the optimization. I was just talking about things in the 'default' perspective.
Old 13th August 2008, 18:40   #23
BHPian

Scorpio Nippon unit not playing USB

My Scorpio's Nippon head unit stopped playing music from pen drives recently.
When I plug in the pen drive, the USB indicator blinks for a few moments and then hangs. I can't switch the unit off as well until I pull out the pen drive.
I was using a Sony 512 MB pen drive initially, which played well. But in between, I had stopped using it for a few months (as I had other data on it).

Then I tried a Kingston 4GB and the problem showed up. I then tried the old Sony, but it refused to play that as well. I tried two other pen drives - same problem. I figure it's a problem with the head unit. Either the USB port (plug) is tarnished or the system has conked off.

The Nippon system has always been very sensitive. It sometimes refuses to play MP3 CDs at the first go. I have to eject it and reinsert it for it to play. It's out of warranty now - but does anyone have Nippon's number? Or should I ask M&M for it.

Most of the time it's only the radio and a couple of MP3 CDs played on it.

Most Viewed