Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 11:28   #16
BHPian

Clarion is a good brand, and the models you mentioned seem to be out of your 10k budget. I think pio 7950 suits your requirements and budget perfectly.

The Ludhiana Clarion dealer has stopped stocking Clarions out of frustration from the lacklustre Indian dealer response. Clarion is going down Fiat way. Good products. Lousy network.

I have NO personal experience with SONY HU's but havent exactly recieved very good feedbacks about them from my friends.

The Hertz Energy ESK165 are for Rs.9100 or so.

If that is out of budget, try the Dieci series. DSK165 for 6000.
Old 13th August 2007, 11:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
LBM i listen to normal everyday stuff.nothing in particular.From FM to Typical punjabi,our hindi music and sometimes to english also.So i believe my system should be ready for anything and everything and give out pleasent listening instead of loud listening.
Hmm...so you like to be all rounder nice.

I would suggest to get a nice component kit in the front and a sub in the back, and a good 4-ch to drive the same along the HU. The HU if you need USB go for 7950 (9K in grey) and amp (Sam Bhai I have no other option) JBL 75.4 that is for 9k (in grey) that make approx 18k. which is your budget.

But anyways if you want good sound you need to spend a bit...so you can two of the following combo of sub and component kit. Both of the kits sound different, the Jbl will sound a little bright and will make a little close to the club sound. but the Illusion will sound less bright and smooth ....

JBL combo..
GTO 607 + GTO 4-12 (6.5k + 4.5k)

Illusion Combo
Electra EL 6.1 + EL 12 (6.5k + 5.2K)

The JBL subs is 250 watts rms and the Illusion sub is 600 watts rms .
Old 14th August 2007, 10:50   #18
BHPian

As per our last conversation, i understand that you have agreed to lift your budget to 40k now. (This is the ICE forum. So it comes as no suprise.)

Anyways.
I guess you were hinting at this model Blaupunkt - Head-units - MP3 Head-units - Kingston MP47

I have no experience with this. So, I'll leave other users to comment on its performance V/S Pioneer 7950.

A point to consider.
There is virtually no Car damping facility in Chd. Neither do you get good quality wiring kits. (For power, signal, speaker)

Atleast that part will have to be ordered from Delhi.

So entirely your call now.
i will suggest a trip to Delhi. That means you take care of damping, wiring easily.
PLUS, a very big benifit will be that you will get chance to listen to different speaker brands at your ease and choose what suits you best.

And ofcourse, you know about the difference in installation quality between here and there.
You must have witnessed that yesterday when you were surveying various audio shops. The installers were nothing more than illeterate, uneducated monkeys with hand drills and a roll of insulating tape.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks