Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2007, 00:59   #16
BHPian

There's a place called Twinkle, not far from Wheels. I found the owners pretty decent. No idea about the quality of their installs, though.
Old 28th March 2008, 18:30   #17
BHPian

The Search feature sure helps to pull out some threads from the grave

Went through the whole thread but did not get a definitive reply. The only viable response I got was "Glix". Can somebody give the exact address of Glix along with a phone number if possible ? I am new to Kolkata so a little more detailed address would be appreciated.

Small installation :

- AVHP4000DVD (Already Bought)
- CD-BTB200 (Already Bought)
- Box for the rear speakers as the parcel does not hold the rear speaker well and tends to bend very soon.
- Might go for a new set of wiring, if required.
- Might go in for a amp.
- Might go in for a decent sub woofer.

I am not a geek in terms of ICE and do not feel like spending a lot on the ICE (although I would love to have an elaborate set up) hence the above requirement should suffice my needs although I want someone who understands the products to be installed for getting worth the little that I tend to spend on this setup.
Old 28th March 2008, 19:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Can somebody give the exact address of Glix along with a phone number if possible ? I am new to Kolkata so a little more detailed address would be appreciated.
Glix is located at what is popularly called the SBI circle in Alipore. Take the road from the Race course to Taj Bengal, cross the Zoo and keep going straight. You'll have to cross two more signals after the Zoo one till you reach the SBI cirlcle. The last building on your left is where Glix is. You can identify the building from the 'Dr. Batra's' and 'The Mobile Store' shops located there.

Phone: Vinay Daga - 9830211070.
Old 28th March 2008, 19:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Glix 2000
17/10 Alipore Road,
Cal 27.
Talk to Vinay Daga and tell him you're from TeamBHP.
Old 28th March 2008, 19:21   #20
BHPian

Hi,

I had my entire setup, Pio 904 amp, 4 pio 12" subs, 2 pio 3 way speakers and 2 TS20 tweeters, Pio 12 ch EQ ( 6250 if I am not mistaken) and the Pio cd changer installed from this guy way back on my zen in I guess in 1999 or something. Till recent time it played without any hicups.. not even once have I had a problem with anything.. ( till recent cuz I took all that out and sold the stuff)

I have had him install ICE on my Astra club and dvd with a motorised screen on the Qualis during good ol' days.. no issues what so ever. So I can really vouch for him.

However, I have been out of calcutta for the past 3 yrs, so I am not sure if tht shop exists or if he does ICE.

Cheers
Shrey

PS: I always found Glix to be on the expensive side. I personally never really liked his work. Once I had got blue visions installed on my zen from him.. went Kaput in like a month. Getting it replaced was a issue. Ofcourse, did not know about TBHP then. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Do you have any first hand experiences here ? This is the first reference I am hearing of Samirs wrt to ICE.

If I'm not mistaken, Mirania does not do ICE anymore. @nura's freelancer is an ex-Mirania guy.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 28th March 2008 at 19:25.
Old 28th March 2008, 20:07   #21
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt response !! Will let you know how it turned up. Not soon, as the products are supposed to reach India sometime later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks