Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 22:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Very good looking amp, Sam. The heat sink is extruded or cast? It has a nice cast kind of texture.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:21   #47
BHPian

After seeing this thread ive started planning for an upgrade even before i've bought the ICE.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:45   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
Let me put in my vote for the GT5 amplifier as well. It looks seriously sexy. I suspect when you mean the JBL logo lights up, it is similar to the GTO 4060.

I am pretty sure it will look good especially now that the background is black unlike the semi transparent one of the 4060.
baba, you have an amplifier to be proud of. Mark my words, not everyone has a GTO4060 - it is a 60th anniversary Ltd Ed. amplifier. And Navin appreciated its quality and topology.
That amplifier will be worth a lot. Do you have the jet black carton it came in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Very good looking amp, Sam. The heat sink is extruded or cast? It has a nice cast kind of texture.
Thanks man, I suppose it's cast. I can't be 100% sure though.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam
OHO! So A Team-BHPian from Chennai beat everyone else!
Atleast now U should visit us!
Old 9th October 2007, 09:06   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
baba, you have an amplifier to be proud of. Mark my words, not everyone has a GTO4060 - it is a 60th anniversary Ltd Ed. amplifier. And Navin appreciated its quality and topology.
That amplifier will be worth a lot. Do you have the jet black carton it came in?
Yup. The 4060 is a veeryy nice amp and I am very happy with it(one product feedback though, the HPF and the LPF crossovers are a pain to set after they are installed, they are too recessed and accept only flat screwdrivers, the 75.4's are easier for continuous tweaking). I was talking about the GT5's looks. It has what I would call 'classy' not 'showy' looks. What I wanted to point out was that the budget models look better than the ones that are placed at the higher end(though looks are subjective, I am basing this on the feedback given here). Would it not cannibalize the sales? Especially now that the specs are even better.

Unfortunately, I don't have the carton. My dad's driver, who washes my car, saw a lot of empty boxes in the boot and figured that they needed throwing away . That will affect the resale I guess. And with that I lost my manual as well. I could not find a PDF of the GTO 4060 manual. Do you think you could help me get one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Atleast now U should visit us!
. Why is it that Chennai gets the short stick when it comes to brand representation. For a metro it does not have a JBL exclusive showroom (Heck it does not have a McD). Does it have to do with Chennai's famed conservative outlook? You should come down here. We are not all that stodgy these days.
Old 9th October 2007, 09:21   #51
BHPian

Dear SAM,
Its nice that JBL is coming with new series. I am planning to get my Alto ICE with these simple things as Pioneer HU, JBL GTO937 and JBL CS2104 in this week.
Tel me just one thing, should i go for it or is it worth waiting for the new series for comparable products?
Also tel me how if these have comparable products lined up in new series, will there be any cost advantage ?
I know you must be very busy, but please spare 2 min for my query!!
Thanks in advance !!!
Old 9th October 2007, 09:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the blue LEDs are gone. Instead the centre JBL logo glows orange when switched on.
Great! I thought it was just a gradient kind of effect with photoshop, now I know why the logo looks like that in the picture. These amps should look kewl, can't wait to see and hear them!

Quote:
In another very recent and interesting development - The GT4-12 will indeed be continued as a seperate driver.
Hurray! GT4-12 deserves to stay! It is according to me THE best sub for <5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
You've just coined a new definition for VFM.
I second that. Now that it is excellently priced, a GT5 amplifier + GT4-12 will blow Pio/Sony etc into smithereens.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 9th October 2007 at 09:24.
Old 9th October 2007, 09:22   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh really? Wow. Looks are subjective but that is interesting feedback - thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
Let me put in my vote for the GT5 amplifier as well. It looks seriously sexy. I suspect when you mean the JBL logo lights up, it is similar to the GTO 4060.
See I told you Sam! You gotta see what I do to my GTO series amp. Those silver legs are distracting!
Old 9th October 2007, 09:26   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And Navin appreciated its quality and topology.
Thanks man, I suppose it's cast. I can't be 100% sure though.
Sam did you not get the service manual. the circuit topology is in there. I like a relatively short signal path.

that heatsink should be cast. given current levels of technolgoy you gain nothing but cost (mostly due to waste) on an extrusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I second that. Now that it is excellently priced, a GT5 amplifier + GT4-12 will blow Pio/Sony etc into smithereens.
Kya Bolla tu!
Old 9th October 2007, 09:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Kya Bolla tu!
Sir, I now presume a GT4-12 + GT5 amplifier (priced the same as CS) would work out to be the same or a wee bit more than Sony/Pio combo.

Sam, just a thought - isn't delaying the GT5 amplifier going to harm the sales? Now that JBL does not have an amplifier under 10k, aren't people going to buy other brands in the meanwhile? I'm sure JBL thought about it, but I was wondering about this after looking at Shady's setup (in the SOSO section).
Old 9th October 2007, 15:22   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Dear SAM,
Its nice that JBL is coming with new series. I am planning to get my Alto ICE with these simple things as Pioneer HU, JBL GTO937 and JBL CS2104 in this week.
Tel me just one thing, should i go for it or is it worth waiting for the new series for comparable products?
Also tel me how if these have comparable products lined up in new series, will there be any cost advantage ?
I know you must be very busy, but please spare 2 min for my query!!
Thanks in advance !!!
There will be a GT5 6X9 speaker, but the GTO937 will be superior to it in construction and quality.
The CS2104 will be replaced by a GT5 4" coaxial, which will be superior, I recommend waiting for it.

Quote:
Hurray! GT4-12 deserves to stay! It is according to me THE best sub for <5k.
Now <4K
Quote:
Sam, just a thought - isn't delaying the GT5 amplifier going to harm the sales? Now that JBL does not have an amplifier under 10k, aren't people going to buy other brands in the meanwhile? I'm sure JBL thought about it, but I was wondering about this after looking at Shady's setup (in the SOSO section).
This is a direct but truthful question. My answer is YES. The car audio market in India is dynamic and quick. With the CS series we were moving quickly.
A decision had to be taken and we took it and phased out CS amplifiers. However the GT5 series amplifiers were delayed in production and the end result is a few weeks of no Sub 10K JBL amplifiers.
As you can imagine, this is something we are working day and night to overcome.

@Der Alte - The GT5 series monoblock may not be released after all. Let's see - I will keep you posted
Old 9th October 2007, 15:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now <4K
achha? last time i saw it was well above 6K
Old 9th October 2007, 15:48   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
achha? last time i saw it was well above 6K
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...tml#post588270
Old 9th October 2007, 15:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

ohh..... thats GT 5 there in question....the post above says GT4 though! and still the price of GT5 is 4990! then how come <4K?

Last edited by panky12345 : 9th October 2007 at 15:54.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:35   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

*offering glasses to panky* the post I pointed out is about the GT4-12 woofer, now badged as the CS1204.

Raghu said the GT4-12 was the best woofer under 5K, I said it is now under 4K.

We are not discussing the GT5-12 - that should be 4990/- but someone in chennai bought it for 5500/- and you found out it's being sold at 6K!

OK now baba?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks