Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2008, 20:38   #31
BHPian

How much is the srx3 costs?? how good it is compared to jbl gto75.4,

what abt hertz amps saw them in their website but havnt saw any installs in the forum navin and gunbir please shed some light on this, are they way too expansive than audison
Old 6th January 2008, 01:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxx View Post
The JBL is 104 x 4 or 284 x 2 watts rms amp and costs 8-9k. Solid power and really VFM.

SRX is a 3 channel amp with 75 x 2 + 250 x 1 at 4 ohms and 65 x 2 + 340 x 1 at 4/2 ohms. Sweet sound amp but will be expensive.

If on budget go for JBL or else Audison.
Old 7th January 2008, 17:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxx View Post

what abt hertz amps saw them in their website but havnt saw any installs in the forum navin and gunbir please shed some light on this, are they way too expansive than audison
The new SRx3 costs approx Rs 30K, and no you cant fairly compare both amps as they are in completely different price segments.

As for the HERTZ amps, they will be available in India soon. The Hertz HP series are slightly more expensive than the Audison LRx amps.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:53   #34
BANNED

dont go for a sony head unit . go for pioneer,kenwood or jvc they are far better than sony . the head unit may cost you from 4000 to 10000 according to your choice,go for a sound barrier 4 channel 4800 watt amp cost 3500 and pioneer subwoofer 12" costs about 3000 to 11000. This specification will give you the best sound i have this in my car .Its enough for me produce a lot of bass and clearer sound . If u dont want to show off by spending alot of money and only want a satisfactory loud and clear sound then go for it .and at last go for jbl wiring kit costing around 1000.
Old 7th January 2008, 21:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
according to your choice,go for a sound barrier 4 channel 4800 watt amp cost 3500 and pioneer subwoofer 12" costs about 3000 to 11000. ... and at last go for jbl wiring kit costing around 1000.
Huh? (taubataubataubataubatauba)

JBL doesn't make or sell wiring kits, so if you are really seriously hell-bent upon getting a desi fake, don't spend more than 250/-.
Old 7th January 2008, 22:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Huh? JBL doesn't make or sell wiring kits, so if you are really seriously hell-bent upon getting a desi fake, don't spend more than 250/-.
They do. See this thread. And Sam has confirmed it sometime ago. But I remember Ishan saying that the original costs about 3k, so the one mentioned is a fake.
Old 7th January 2008, 22:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

JBL wiring kit's production and distribution was stopped ages ago.
Sigh...all good things dont last long. ( read 75.4)
Old 8th January 2008, 08:43   #38
BANNED

i got jbl wiring kit around 1 year ago from a reputed car accesory dealer in my city. it cost me around 800 . i didnt knew that whether it is fake but it is working pretty well without any problems during last year.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

I think he is a newbie. Dont scare him guy. From his point of view he is correct. I think he need to get more knowledge and since he has joined T-Bhp he will get the best.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i got jbl wiring kit around 1 year ago from a reputed car accesory dealer in my city. it cost me around 800 . i didnt knew that whether it is fake but it is working pretty well without any problems during last year.

it is surely fake harry,

must be some chinese stuff

and even the Fake ones (read BOSS) do work well without visible problems

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 8th January 2008 at 11:24.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:42   #41
BANNED

can u friends give me suggestion that how to distinguish between fake and original accesories as we have large number of fake head units amps and wirings in our city and it is difficult to distinguish that whether they are fake or not.they look almost similiar to original ones. i am planning to buy a new car and want to put music system in it and dont want to be cheated again.there are tonnes of delhi made amps in our city having a logo of sony xplod or alpine v12.help me out.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can u friends give me suggestion that how to distinguish between fake and original accesories as we have large number of fake head units amps and wirings in our city and it is difficult to distinguish that whether they are fake or not.they look almost similiar to original ones. i am planning to buy a new car and want to put music system in it and dont want to be cheated again.there are tonnes of delhi made amps in our city having a logo of sony xplod or alpine v12.help me out.
Phaji what is your budget and what do you plan to install ?
Old 8th January 2008, 12:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can u friends give me suggestion that how to distinguish between fake and original accesories ... there are tonnes of delhi made amps in our city having a logo of sony xplod or alpine v12.help me out.
Usually the difference is quite apparent if one looks closely (even without a magnifying glass):
* Print quality - box, screen printing on the enclosure, stickers etc. The print edge will be most likely uneven
* Quite likely there would be no User Manual, or a xerox at best. Made in China ones one can make out from the print font

Easiest way to figure out is to look at the company web-site to cross-check the model number. Even a simple Google search on the model number will tell you a lot about genuineness of the piece, and most likely a few photos at least of the original model.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:55   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Phaji what is your budget and what do you plan to install ?
my budget is 30000 . i want to have satisfactory bass and clearer sound. dont want to show off outside but system should be enough to shake the person inside car
Old 8th January 2008, 13:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Usually the difference is quite apparent if one looks closely (even without a magnifying glass):
* Print quality - box, screen printing on the enclosure, stickers etc. The print edge will be most likely uneven
* Quite likely there would be no User Manual, or a xerox at best. Made in China ones one can make out from the print font
Der Alte paaji, all of the above is true for second quality clones (as usually called), but let me mention that nowadays imitations are closer and closer to the product. I have come across some clones which were almost better than the original product in fit, finish and presentation.

The best options, in my opinion, when buying a branded product would be to:

1. Buy offical.
2. Buy from a reputed, authorized dealer.
3. Look for the MRP Sticker.
4. Check for the warranty card
5. Ensure that the warranty card is not a generic one without any company or dealer stamp/ serial number etc. and details mentioned match those on product/ carton.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks