Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 11:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Thanks spadival, But the free shipping countries mentioned on the site does not include India[or did I miss it some where], I am thinking of getting some stuff...
So how does the customs and everything works when you order through this site.
Well they did ship free to me.. Dunno what happens with customs, it comes via post (speedpost) and not thru courier. So somehow, customs seem to be a bit lenient given the prices of the items shipped are not that high. Also, dealextreme marks the items as "GIFT" on the envelope

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...tml#post689596
Old 27th February 2008, 14:30   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Nice setup.. what car did you put it on? Looks like an Alto.

How did it escape Indian customs !! Or did u end up paying duty?
nop no duties, infact i ordered 2 of these, but one showed up 3 days late as i guess it was hold in delhi with custom people.
Old 27th February 2008, 14:31   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Is it possible to install a CarPC in Alto LXi?

I mean is there enough space in console to fit LCD and PC ?
yes it is possible to fit this setup in any alto. as they have same console till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
monty9991, how is the harddisk coping with the road bumps?
i was advised against using it as they cant take jerks.
HDD is working perfeclty, no problems yet even with bumpy roands and high speed breakers.. no worries yet but no idea for long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
does the hardisk withstand the bumps on the roads ? Im sure the harddsiks cant take so much beating ? any issues till now ?
no issues till now, working perfectly fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajp View Post
now will i be able to do that in my M800 with my old AMD processor and board its just lying around after i upgraded it, should be nice to use this! this way the only thing i might is a screen can you guys help me do this!
well you can use anything motherboard with any processor with appropriat PSU (power supply unit) you need to calculate the wattage your mother board is goin to use.

or if you really want to use this you can use DC-AC converter and use normal AC PSU. but this will be really a big setup to install. try surfing Car PC based Vehicle Infotaiment Systems | iRide Technologies. Mumbai, India ull know many answers to your question and u might email them for any kind of help in this matter.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th February 2008 at 19:30. Reason: back to back posts
Old 27th February 2008, 14:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

thanks guys for the help...the GPS receivers are a good deal ,also some of the instrument...
Old 27th February 2008, 21:46   #35
BHPian

Congrats Spadival and Monty....Nice to see more car pc interested people over here. Now you guys have installed the car pc, anyone interested to discuss about the frontends, SWs, other modification, enhancement etc...Instead of starting a new thread, we can discuss on the following thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ing-stage.html
Old 28th February 2008, 12:48   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys_whiz View Post
Congrats Spadival and Monty....Nice to see more car pc interested people over here. Now you guys have installed the car pc, anyone interested to discuss about the frontends, SWs, other modification, enhancement etc...Instead of starting a new thread, we can discuss on the following thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ing-stage.html

thanks for the thread direction..
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:36   #37
BHPian

Good stuff monty !

How did you secure the LCD ?
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:29   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shldn View Post
Good stuff monty !

How did you secure the LCD ?
thanks buddy..
the screen is secured by a piece of metal from the bottom pushing it upside towards the HU.
here are the pics.
bottom pic..

side view..

front view..

sorry for the picture quality as i was sitting at my office and dint had my camera so clicked with my cell fone camera.
thanks
Old 4th March 2008, 09:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Monty.. That setup doesnt look very sturdy. And you will tempting car stereo thieves.

Try to mount it inline by moving the HU down and using the 2 DIN slot for the screen. It also helps because the screen will be shaded from the sun, improving visibility.
Old 4th March 2008, 13:47   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Monty.. That setup doesnt look very sturdy. And you will tempting car stereo thieves.

Try to mount it inline by moving the HU down and using the 2 DIN slot for the screen. It also helps because the screen will be shaded from the sun, improving visibility.
thnaks for the idea but i did trying to fit it in double din thing, but it dint work out for me in an alto coz the screen would be straight facing to the rear seat and it i would'nt able to see the screen properly in that angle. with this i have screen facing upwards to me.
i would have used double din thing if i had swift or innova or any other car whos double din mounting is at higer level.
Old 21st March 2009, 03:04   #41
BHPian

awesome work there..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks