Team-BHP - Ice For Lancer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Ice For Lancer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/31311-ice-lancer-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 630917)
Try this:

1. Front Comps: JBL GTO 607C;
2. Rear Coax: JBL 937;
3. Pio 307 X 2 in ported box;
4. JBL 75.4 for front and rear speakers (if you can find one);
5. Pio D510 for subs (if you can find one).

Drop the pioneer and change that to

3.GT4-12 x 2 or GT5-12 x 2
5. GTO 601.1

Honestly you will be JuBLfyd and love the experience.

Edit : BTW I had a lancer and it takes a lot to make that hella loud.

Brightness can be sorted out with tuning but stick to the 75.4 for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 631351)
polk momo is not in the same budget as Pio, blau GT, JBL GT5 etc..

I know. But he mentioned it in his post. Also, he is looking for spl and that is why I also recommended he listen to both the setups first before deciding as the polks will cost approx 2.5 times the pio/jbl setup

HI All,
Thanks for all your inputs...

after going through all your suggestions and going thru the whole ice section for long hours i was somehow able to finalise the what i was going to get for the car..
i also visited the dealer today afternoon and auditioned a couple of polk and Jbl setups and in a baleno i saw there was some good sound coming from KICKER comps which impressed me (what do guys say about that??)

@deralte : sir you absolutely correct they didnt have much setups to show me,when i insisted on auditioning setup before i would get anything installed,he called a couple of guys who had such setups in their car.and seems that i really would have to change the amps.and about LBM bhai,though have not met but him after going through all the ice pages,seems my setup will be incomplete without getting his MIDAS TOUCH ;-)

@Navin ji : i am only keen on trading my HU actually as i have sony and its crap(really),i just got this HU as i have a 8" screen in the car,which iam gonna remove now as it's hardly put to use ever. i plan to get rid of the sony and get a good Pioneer HU(going in for Pioneer double din FHP 5000MP).and definately getting a mono amp.

@harrie : sorry bro no idea about the 3 ways being fitted into the door pads,it was just dealers suggestion didn't actually think bout this.

@LBM : sirji in what terms do i tell you bout how loud i wanna go....i m no pro like you just a novice ,all i know bout music is only through TBHP or by listening/seeing various setups.however i dont want any shor sharaba, all i want is heavy thump(which i know you have but i dont have a huge budget like yours :-) ) and clear sound.and as Deralte has correctly put it loud enough to get heads turning.

@ panky : HI panky ,thanks for the list bro but not really sure if wanna get JBL comps now as i auditioned kicker/polk/jbl today and looking for VFM kicker seems like a good option for the fronts(getting Kicker DS680.2 for 6.5k).and looked for D510 couldn't get one.

@akg : i tried the same bro and seems you are correct there not much of a difference in polk momo and Blau bass tube considering the difference in price is around 2.5 times.think will go in for 2 blau bass tubes or 2 woofers.

and after all the confusion seems like we have reached a final list of whats going in (still not sure if it's final :Frustrati )

HU : Pioneer FHP 5000MP (rs 10800)
Rear : pioneer 6 X 9 ovals (present one's)
Front comps : Kicker DS 680.2 (rs 6500)
Subwoofer/bass tube : 2 x Blaupunkt GTt 1200 OR 2 X Pioneer DVC307-D4 [rs 3000 or rs 3300*2(for the woofers) + rs 2200(for the woofer enclosure)]
Amplifier : CS60.4 or Kenwood 8401 (for front and rear speakers) (approx 6000)
Amplifier 2 : Pioneer GM 7300M (rs 10000)
wiring and installation : SCOSCHE (approx 4-5000 k)

TOTAL : rs 43500(approx)

if i get a go ahead will get the install done tommorrow itself(will definately visit driven for the same)
@ Gunbir phaaji : would love to get the install done under your supv(know you are a busy man,would really appreciate if you even turn up for tuning and stuff)would PM you reg the same.

Thanks again to all the help i am getting from the fellow BHPIAN's

I MUST say TBHP rocks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 631558)
@Navin ji : i am only keen on trading my HU...and definately getting a mono amp.
HU : Pioneer FHP 5000MP (rs 10800)
Rear : pioneer 6 X 9 ovals (present one's)
Front comps : Kicker DS 680.2 (rs 6500)
Subwoofer/bass tube : 2 x Blaupunkt GTt 1200...
Amplifier : CS60.4 or Kenwood 8401 (for front and rear speakers) (approx 6000)
Amplifier 2 : Pioneer GM 7300M (rs 10000)
wiring and installation : SCOSCHE (approx 4-5000 k)
TOTAL : rs 43500(approx)
@ Gunbir phaaji : would love to get the install done under your supv..

please note that the 7300M will in reality put out about 200W rms at 4 ohms and about 300W at 2 ohms (battery level at 12.5V). It will be sufficient to drive 2 Blau tubes though.

Just a simple suggestion, but can you try two subs in sealed boxes? I think it will sound a little better than two blau basstubes.

And you are getting the pio amp at a very high price. At this price look for the D510. Much better than the 7300 atleast.

Even the new mono amps by sony should suit your purpose fine. They are 500@2 ohms

And what gauge wires are in the Scosche kit ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akg7091 (Post 631744)
Just a simple suggestion, but can you try two subs in sealed boxes? I think it will sound a little better than two blau basstubes.

in fact i would think a lot better but then he looses his existing blau sub. 2 woofers (say Pio 307 or GT5) in a box would cost him 10-12K. WHile for rs. 3.5K or so he gets a second bass tube.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 631747)
in fact i would think a lot better but then he looses his existing blau sub. 2 woofers (say Pio 307 or GT5) in a box would cost him 10-12K. WHile for rs. 3.5K or so he gets a second bass tube.

I know it is going to cost him a little extra, but I think the difference more than justifies the cost. He can buy two pio/jbl subs for 6000~6400 and get a box made for around 2000. So, for only 5000 extra he will get much better sound. Two bass tubes will really start sounding bad within a month once the initial excitement is gone.

One more thing : Since the amps you are looking at are only 2ohm stable either get a pair of SVC subs or dual 2 ohm subs to get the max power from your amp

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 631558)
HI All,

after going through all your suggestions and going thru the whole ice section for long hours i was somehow able to finalise the what i was going to get for the car..
if i get a go ahead will get the install done tommorrow itself(will definately visit driven for the same)
@ Gunbir phaaji : would love to get the install done under your supv(know you are a busy man,would really appreciate if you even turn up for tuning and stuff)would PM you reg the same.

I MUST say TBHP rocks...

ah. well. of course, it rocks. :-)

under gunbir's supervision, you don't need anyone else to tell you anything. but just as rules go... loudness = more woofers.

four 8" would be really LOUD.
or a bandpass box with two 12" by JBL/polk/audiobahn.

what happens is that we get trapped in word play. SQL. SPL. Loud. Clear. Tight. Thick. Boomy. Bright.
it doesn't work in real life. imagine a child being told 'sour'. the word wouldn't mean anything. unless he gets a taste of lemon.
so get a taste. LBM is probably the record holder in sheer dB. even if you have to travel to FBD to just know whatever 150 dB means, it's more than worth it.
and gunbir paaji knows there's a world of difference in what people say they want, and what they really want. if it calls for some extra time, some extra money then don't do kanjoosi for that.

good decision to get rid of sony. the prices you seem to have got for scosche and 307 are on the higher end though. instead of a 307 at that price, its better to go for jbl GTO 12.

@ navinji and akg: if getting 2 subs in a sealed box is a better option then i would prefer doing that bacause it would not make much of a difference as 2 subs will cost approx 6400 and approx 2200 for the sealed box. total of 8600 now dealer was ready to trade my blau tube for 2000 that leaves me with 6600 for 2subs in a sealed box or 3000-3500 for a blau tube.it's not a big difference in terms of money if there is gonna be a big difference in sound.

also as per navinji will drop idea for apioneer 7300t amp.

should i go in for kenwood KAC-9103D or JBL 601.1 or ??????

Quote:

Originally Posted by akg7091 (Post 631750)
He can buy two pio/jbl subs for 6000~6400

Quote:

Originally Posted by montyguru (Post 631752)
or a bandpass box with two 12" by JBL/polk/audiobahn....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 631807)
@ navinji and akg: if getting 2 subs in a sealed box is a better option then i would prefer doing that bacause it would not make much of a difference as 2 subs will cost approx 6400 and approx 2200 for the sealed box. total of 8600 now dealer was ready to trade my blau tube for 2000 that leaves me with 6600 for 2subs in a sealed box or 3000-3500 for a blau tube.it's not a big difference in terms of money if there is gonna be a big difference in sound.
should i go in for kenwood KAC-9103D or JBL 601.1 or ??????

I thought the GT5 woofers were 5K each. Anyway a boxed woofer will sound far nicer than a tube. the tube will make more BOOM thought.

at the same price the Kenwood is better VFM. Itis also 1 stable at 1 ohms (I amnot sure if the 601.1 is) but this means that even if the woofer impedance drops a bit the amp will not sweat past it's limits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montyguru (Post 631752)
loudness = more woofers.

Four 8" subs have a lesser combined cone area than two 12"ers. If the 8" and 12" originated from the same line and brand, the two 12s would produce more bass and perhaps hit lower.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 632005)
I thought the GT5 woofers were 5K each. Anyway a boxed woofer will sound far nicer than a tube. the tube will make more BOOM thought.

at the same price the Kenwood is better VFM. Itis also 1 stable at 1 ohms (I amnot sure if the 601.1 is) but this means that even if the woofer impedance drops a bit the amp will not sweat past it's limits.

I would like to tell you that the 601.1 has been discontinued.
And there is absolutely no comparison between the kenwood and the 601.1
Go for the kenwood, but remember that JBL's service is very good whereas kenwood's is non existant

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 632099)
Four 8" subs have a lesser combined cone area than two 12"ers. If the 8" and 12" originated from the same line and brand, the two 12s would produce more bass and perhaps hit lower.

i agree that they would go lower. however i'm not sure about the loudness and more cone area bit.

22/7 x 8" x 4 = 100.57 of cone area.

22/7 x 12" x 2 = 75.43 of cone area.

guru toh aap ho sir... lemme know if i am right or wrong!!

@ak : after the discussion seems kenwood is turning out to be the best option.so think would go with that(keepin in mind any future upgrades as well).

@b&t : definately got your piont sir,what do you say about getting a kenwood KAC-9103D (1800watt mono) and pairing it with a Ground zero Radioactive GZRW 30SPL or keeping the same amp and getting 2 jbl gt5-12/2 pioneer DVC307 D4 would be a better option(in terms of best output amongst these 2).also if you could let me know the price for Ground zero Radioactive GZRW 30SPL.

@ navin sir : jbl gt5-12 with b&w must be around 5k only but getting them without b&w and from a distributer for 3300.and again same question which would sound better with kenwood KAC-9103D 2 jbl gt5-12 or 2 pioneer DVC307 D4 .

@montyguruji : sir you are absolutely correct about gunbir phaaji,today one of my pals was getting setup in his santro reinstalled by DRIVEN where gunnu phaaji dropped by and after getting the install and tuning done in his supervision,my friend was all praises for gunnu phaaji....without spending some major moolah he managed to get perfect sound that he always wanted without any upgrade or any new parts,just a new sub enclosure for 2 gt5-12's .

HAT'S off you as well GUNNU PHAAJI.

rather i am so overwhelmed by the tremendous support from all the TBHPIAn's, at least in todays materialistic time no one has time to help each other,here we have a whole community trying to help each other from every part of the country(some fellas from abroad as well).
Thanks to you all for this....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 632099)

Quote:

Originally Posted by montyguru (Post 632848)
i agree that they would go lower. however i'm not sure about the loudness and more cone area bit.

22/7 x 8" x 4 = 100.57 of cone area.

22/7 x 12" x 2 = 75.43 of cone area.

guru toh aap ho sir... lemme know if i am right or wrong!!

well, i just realised i used the wrong formula. B&T, you are right. 2 x 12" indeed have more cone area than 4 x 8".

22/7 x 6 x 6 x 2 = 226 sq inch

22/7 x 4 x 4 x 4 = 201 sq inch

stupid: