Team-BHP - Ice For Lancer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Ice For Lancer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/31311-ice-lancer.html)

Hi,
i am looking for a good spl system for my lancer,

currently my setup comprises of

Head Unit : SONY CDX-V6800
Rear Speakers : Pioneer 6981 ( 420 watts)
Front speakers : OEM speakers(came fitted with the car)

i have lying with me
1. 4 channel alpine amps(fake ones) and
2. a blaupunkt bass tube GTt1200.

i need help deciding what all do i need for a good spl setup,and should i keep the amp and the bass tube and use it in the car or just sell them off and get a completely new setup all together,was also thinking of changing the HU and get one of the pioneer ones as i bought this one only for the 8" LCD that i currently have,which also i plan to get rid off
there is a lot of rattling and all sorts of not so nice sounds coming from the boot which really spoil the fun and think damping also would be required for that.
i also would need suggestions on some good places to get the install done from (any where in delhi or NCR).
i have a budget of approx 30-40k for the same.

Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 625736)
Head Unit : SONY CDX-V6800
Rear Speakers : Pioneer 6981 ( 420 watts)
Front speakers : OEM speakers(came fitted with the car)
i have lying with me
1. 4 channel alpine amps(fake ones) and
2. a blaupunkt bass tube GTt1200.

i need help deciding what all do i need for a good spl setup...,was also thinking of changing the HU and get one of the pioneer ones as i bought this one only for the 8" LCD that i currently have,which also i plan to get rid off
there is a lot of rattling and all sorts of not so nice sounds coming from the boot which really spoil the fun and think damping also would be required for that.
i have a budget of approx 30-40k for the same.

If you are looking for SPL I would get a 600W+ monoblock (like a JBL 601.1) and one more Blau tube. use the monoblock and the 2 tubes for the bass. (28K)

Now use the 4ch. alpine in bridge mode for the rear speakers (be careful with the gains here as you have a bridged amp driving 4ohm loads).

Next get a 4 ch amp like the Blau GT4, Pio 6300, JBL GT5, or Kenwood 8401 and new front components (JBL, Illusion, etc) (12K)

thank you so much navin sir,
but recently i visited a car accessorries shop and he suggested
me to strip all the current ice which he would trade for approx 10-15k which then increases my budget to approx 55k

and the get
1. front speakers : hertz components ESK 163L (3way components)
2. rear speakers : hertz ECX 690 (3 way co-axial)
3. Head unit : Pioneer
4. Subwoofer : 2 pioneer DVC 306
5. Amplifier 1 (for front and rear speakers) : Kenwood 4 Channel
6. Amplifier 1 (for subwoofers) : a monoblock(pioneer or jbl or even kenwood)

with installation and wiring for approx 55 k

what do u say about that....

also for the setup that you have suggested,what should i do with the front stock speakers.should ibe changing them or use the same ones for now as they cant handle high volumes.

hi all,
i was really looking for some great advise from the fellas here,
but seems like my query was not interesting enough to be answered by gurus except for navin ji,,

i needed help on a couple of more things badly as i am very confused,thought would try posting again.

i have stripped all current ice from the car and also have shortlisted the stuff im going to get. jus wanted to confirm with everyone regarding the same.

Hope would get inputs form all please: ,,,

HU : Pioneer FHP5000MP (10.8k)
Rear speakers : Polk [COLOR=#800080]db691 [/COLOR](2007 DB series) (7.5 k)
Front comps : still unable to decide (really need help on this budget 6-8k)(want really good bass)

subwoofer : polk momo MM2124 (7.5k)
Bass tube : blaupunkt GTt1200 (already with me)

OR
2 x Bass tube : blaupunkt GTt1200 (3k/ as i already have 1 tube )

OR
2 x JBL GT5-12 (2*3k)

or
2 x Pioneer DVC 306

or
2 X polk momo MM2124 (2*7.5k)

Amp : (for rear speaker and comps) : KENWOOD KAC8401 (5.5k)
Amp : (for subwoofers/bass tube) : again very confused need suggestions( budget approx 10-12 k)

also wanted to know if putting in a centre speaker/satellite speakers would make a good difference to the overall effect as front comps will already be there.

Quote:

Front comps : still unable to decide (really need help on this budget 6-8k)(want really good bass)
With a budget of 6-8k you can get JBL GTO, Illusion Electras, Hertz Energy, all depends on your preference.

@ busa : one of the dealers that i visited that jbl's have high treble and are meant for SQ type of setup and instead suggested kicker(dont remember the model no.) or Blau velocity which one is best suited for an SPL setup

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 630589)
@ busa : one of the dealers that i visited that jbl's have high treble and are meant for SQ type of setup and instead suggested kicker(dont remember the model no.) or Blau velocity which one is best suited for an SPL setup

Most probably the dealers who make such recommendations don't have a setup to demonstrate what they peddle. Most of the so called SPL speakers like Polk and Kicker are not value for money in India - there are better ones from JBL, Infinity, Blaupunkt, Hertz, Illusion etc. which have clarity at high volumes. Don't go by numbers only - a speaker capable of higher power will not necessarily be louder.

If you really want SPL, you need to change your amps also. For a true SPL setup (not cacophonic setup) you will need to double your budget at least.

Otherwise you will find that most SQ setups are loud enough in the cabin of your car. If you want the neighbors to hear you, just adding another bass tube with a powerful mono amp as Navin recommended would do - you'll have a lot of heads turning in your direction..

JBLs being bright are a matter of taste - treble can be controlled in many ways. Also, it does not mean they do not produce mid-bass whack (what you have referred to as "good bass").

Mixing Polk sub in a box and Blau tube is a no-no. Since there is nothing wrong with the Blau bass tube, adding another will produce louder low-end. You will also have to consider that the JBL or Pio subs will require 2 boxes at 1K per.

Since you are in Delhi, why don't you hook up with our resident SQL guru LBM-bhai from Freedabad to get a taste of what high-quality LOUD means? He achieved 152.7 dB - probably the loudest in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 626604)
..he would trade for approx 10-15k which then increases my budget to approx 55k..
1. front speakers : hertz components ESK 163L (3way components)
2. rear speakers : hertz ECX 690 (3 way co-axial)
3. Head unit : Pioneer
4. Subwoofer : 2 pioneer DVC 306
5. Amplifier 1 (for front and rear speakers) : Kenwood 4 Channel
6. Amplifier 1 (for subwoofers) : a monoblock(pioneer or jbl or even kenwood)...
what should i do with the front stock speakers.should ibe changing them or use the same ones for now as they cant handle high volumes.

you wanted SPL so it makes sense to invest in a good sub amp that can drive 2 12-15" subs efficiently. For this you would have to dedicate about 18K on the sub amp (hence I suggest a monoblock with 600W rms/4ohms/20-200Hz) once you have spent about 18K on the amp and another 5K on a second sub spend the rest on upgrading the front components and a nice amp to drive them. this combo would cost you about 15K.

i dont see any reason to trade in your old stuff as the amp, rear speakers, and HU.

lets put it this way if you traded in your old blau sub you wont get what you paid for it. so unless you are getting a significant performance upgrade why bother? hear the JBL GT5 and comapre it to the Blau 1200t and then take a decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 630589)

what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 630496)
HU : Pioneer FHP5000MP (10.8k)
subwoofer : polk momo MM2124 (7.5k)
Bass tube : blaupunkt GTt1200 (already with me)
OR
2 x Bass tube : blaupunkt GTt1200 (3k/ as i already have 1 tube )
OR
2 x JBL GT5-12 (2*3k)
or
2 x Pioneer DVC 306
or
2 X polk momo MM2124 (2*7.5k)

Amp : (for rear speaker and comps) : KENWOOD KAC8401 (5.5k)
Amp : (for subwoofers/bass tube) : again very confused need suggestions( budget approx 10-12 k).

you are getting the Blau 1200 for only 3K each?

no 10-12K (150-200W) amp is goig to drive 2 12-15" woofers to their max.

@ Sucka - Any idea how the hertz 3 ways are going to be installed in the lancer's door pads?

Sucka how much loud you wanna go ?

Try this:

1. Front Comps: JBL GTO 607C;
2. Rear Coax: JBL 937;
3. Pio 307 X 2 in ported box;
4. JBL 75.4 for front and rear speakers (if you can find one);
5. Pio D510 for subs (if you can find one).

Quote:

JBL 75.4 for front and rear speakers (if you can find one);
Hanky Panky Why does he need a 75.4 if he is driving the speakers only, he can go for a 60.4, which will suffice since he is gonna use a mono amp for the subs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 630917)
3. Pio 307 X 2 in ported box
5. Pio D510 for subs (if you can find one).

a D510 driving 2 12" subs...it'll get hot.

I agree with Navin ji here. Get a good mono amp capable of atleast 600w @2ohms.
Also, you can consider cs60.4 instead of the kenwood 8401 as it is more widely available and jbl service is better than kenwood IMO
From your posts it is clear you want spl. I can only suggest you to listen to the polk momo subs and the blau tubes/pio subs before making a decision. Maybe you won't hear much of a difference between them so it will save you some money. Also, the current velocity range lacks in midbass ( heard at the dealer's shop), so you can look at the other options like hertz/jbl etc.

One of the better places to get the setup done in delhi would be driven's shop I guess. Or if you can convice Gunbir sir to do it for you then consider yourself lucky. If you are more of the DIY type then LBM sir will be the perfect guide and mentor.

I have a 4 month old mono amp lying with me. Pm me if you want to try it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akg7091 (Post 631298)
.. I can only suggest you to listen to the polk momo subs and the blau tubes/pio subs before making a decision..

polk momo is not in the same budget as Pio, blau GT, JBL GT5 etc..