Team-BHP - Ice For Lancer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Ice For Lancer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/31311-ice-lancer-4.html)

hi guys ,

sorry as was not able to post as had to go out of town for some urgent work,

so we are back to the same old confusions,,,,,,

most of the things have been decided as suggested by all and it's just a couple of things which need to be finalised.(with prices as on budget)

HU : Pioneer FHP 5000MP (rs 10800)
Rear : pioneer 6 X 9 ovals (present one's)
Front comps : Kicker DS 680.2 (rs 6500)
Subwoofer/bass tube : 2 X JBL GT5-12 [rs 3500*2(for the woofers) + rs 2200(for the woofer enclosure)]
Amplifier : Kenwood 8401 (for front and rear speakers) (approx 6000)
Amplifier 2 : 2 X Pioneer GM 7300M (rs 8000*2)(1for each sub) or Kenwood 9301D (rs 15000)
wiring and installation : SCOSCHE (approx 4-5000 k)

also suggest me something related to damping as definately wanna get damping for the boot and doors ,any ideas about some good and economical options and where to get them from.

would need help on the things in bold //// suggestions on other things also would be really helpful....

@sucka,from where are you sourcing the Kenwood 9301d Amp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 643061)
also suggest me something related to damping as definately wanna get damping for the boot and doors

there are quite a few damping materials out there. stick to one made from butyl rubber and it will last. There are some butyl/asphalt composites that you should avoid just make sure it says 100% butyl rubber and nothing else.

Dynamat is most well known but I have used American Dynamics and heard of Nose Kill and a lot of other stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill (Post 643169)
@sucka,from where are you sourcing the Kenwood 9301d Amp?

gill saab i m getting it from a dealer in karolbagh(is a distributer actually and supplies ICE equipments to other dealers in delhiso that's why getting a good price)

@navin sir : i think LBM has noise kill available with him,so just wanted to check is this a good option or any other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 643553)
gill saab i m getting it from a dealer in karolbagh(is a distributer actually and supplies ICE equipments to other dealers in delhiso that's why getting a good price)

I don't know about the distributor part, as I have seen the same amp selling at Driven for as much. So I can safely assume thats the normal going rate.

@ sucka :
Can you pls give contact details of your dealer ?

Thanks

One thing I cannot understand about the kenwood amp is that the fuse rating is 60A. Assuming 90% efficiency also we only get 777 watts @14.4v

How can kenwood claim this amp has an rms rating of over 900W ?

Can anyone care to explain whether I am right or wrong ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akg7091 (Post 643737)
One thing I cannot understand about the kenwood amp is that the fuse rating is 60A. Assuming 90% efficiency also we only get 777 watts @14.4v

How can kenwood claim this amp has an rms rating of over 900W ?

Can anyone care to explain whether I am right or wrong ?

I would not consider it as 90 % efficient

Quote:

Originally Posted by sucka (Post 643061)
hi guys ,

sorry as was not able to post as had to go out of town for some urgent work,

so we are back to the same old confusions,,,,,,

most of the things have been decided as suggested by all and it's just a couple of things which need to be finalised.(with prices as on budget)

HU : Pioneer FHP 5000MP (rs 10800)
Rear : pioneer 6 X 9 ovals (present one's)
Front comps : Kicker DS 680.2 (rs 6500)
Subwoofer/bass tube : 2 X JBL GT5-12 [rs 3500*2(for the woofers) + rs 2200(for the woofer enclosure)]
Amplifier : Kenwood 8401 (for front and rear speakers) (approx 6000)
Amplifier 2 : 2 X Pioneer GM 7300M (rs 8000*2)(1for each sub) or Kenwood 9301D (rs 15000)
wiring and installation : SCOSCHE (approx 4-5000 k)

also suggest me something related to damping as definately wanna get damping for the boot and doors ,any ideas about some good and economical options and where to get them from.

would need help on the things in bold //// suggestions on other things also would be really helpful....

hey bro, gunbir is right, i got the same amp, kenwood 9103d for rs.12000 from driven,gk.. so you're being charged way high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchits (Post 643854)
hey bro, gunbir is right, i got the same amp, kenwood 9103d for rs.12000 from driven,gk.. so you're being charged way high.

@Sanchits,
12k:Shockked: ,SO how is it working,does it give out the rated power or :deadhorse

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill (Post 644003)
@Sanchits,
12k:Shockked: ,SO how is it working,does it give out the rated power or :deadhorse

Cheers

its a good amp, but i can't tell you much about its total power as i am hardly using half of its 900w rms at 2 ohms, it is powering just one ID 12" sub. it is 1 ohm stable so i believe its powerful enough. i got this amp as in future if i want to add another sub, i have enough power.

What? 900W RMS amplifier for 12k? :Shockked:

900 sounds way too exaggerated to me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchits (Post 644309)
its a good amp, but i can't tell you much about its total power as i am hardly using half of its 900w rms at 2 ohms, it is powering just one ID 12" sub. it is 1 ohm stable so i believe its powerful enough. i got this amp as in future if i want to add another sub, i have enough power.

1 ohms stable does not mean it will produce more output. There can be a case in which a amp will be

100 watts rms at 4 ohms
150 watts rms at 2 ohms
150 watts rms at 1 ohms

With this one can see that the amp is having a good power supply and out put stage. But running it at 1 ohms will make it work at it peak output.

guys, i am no professional in ICE equipment, i am telling what its spec says, it says 500w rms at 4 ohms, 900w rms at 2/1 ohm. i am satisfied with the amp as using only 1 sub with it. i got it for 12k without B & W.

For 12k it's a great option mate.Kenwood amps are quite reliable amp and they deliver their rated power,
@Sanchit do us a favour why don't you measure the power they give out?
I am looking fwd to but the same amp soon.....
cheers!