Old 4th January 2008, 11:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
My Getz CRDi has following

Sony HU model 460 with front USB/Aux In
Rear Speaker- JBL GTO 937
Front speaker -JBL GTO 637
Have you listen to the above combo? or going from the recommendations from the forum. If not try listening and the comment on the same.
Old 4th January 2008, 15:30   #17
BHPian

Bass maker,

Is the question directed to me ?

Assume its for me,,,,,

I have been using above combo from past 1 month.

Listening from Guns N Roses to AC DC to Brian adams to Backstreet boys to Eminem to Hindi songs to our own Kannada songs.
I can tell you that I am very very happy with the performance I am getting from Sony and JBL duo.
3 of music loving friends are very very satisfied just add more opinions.

Good MP3 in the USB are giving astonishing effect.
That Y I said, for the car of its size I thought it was better choice.
If it was Scorpio and large sedan I feel front component/Ampl becomes must.

If it wasn't of TBHP I wouldn't have gone for JBL speakers. I tested both and Sony speakers and JBL in the car, JBL were just too good.

Not many here supported Sony HU though, Since I needed front USB as a must feature, Poineer was more than 14K with B&W hence finally went for Sony which i got it at 9K with B&W. But so far no complaints with Sony HU. its going good.
If I face any problem with this combo, I'll report here immediatly so that it becomes a data point/practical experience of owner.

Cheers
Anju
Old 7th January 2008, 15:22   #18
BHPian

I upgraded my Getz with a JBL CS 60.2 amp and JBL GTO937 speakers in the rear parcel tray yesterday. It is rocking now. Pioneer is the HU(didnt notice the model name). Earlier I had sony explode speakers in all 4 doors and 2 tweeters mounted on the front(near the sun visor). Now the rear 2 speakers gave way for the JBLs.
Have a quick question. My cost price for the new upgrade as below at the Advaith Motors, Mysore. Please let me know if this is ok.
1. JBL CS 60.2 amp - Rs3500 (grey market price)
2. JBL GTO937 speakers - 2 Nos - Rs2900 (grey market price)
3. RC cables for amp setup - Rs 650
4. Wiring - Rs 300
Total Rs 7350/-

Arun
Old 7th January 2008, 19:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
I upgraded my Getz with a JBL CS 60.2 amp and JBL GTO937 speakers in the rear parcel tray yesterday. It is rocking now. Pioneer is the HU(didnt notice the model name). Earlier I had sony explode speakers in all 4 doors and 2 tweeters mounted on the front(near the sun visor). Now the rear 2 speakers gave way for the JBLs.
Have a quick question. My cost price for the new upgrade as below at the Advaith Motors, Mysore. Please let me know if this is ok.
1. JBL CS 60.2 amp - Rs3500 (grey market price)
2. JBL GTO937 speakers - 2 Nos - Rs2900 (grey market price)
3. RC cables for amp setup - Rs 650
4. Wiring - Rs 300
Total Rs 7350/-

Arun
all prices are fine
i just hope that the 650 buck RC cables ( if they are 2 nos then they are MX and if its just one nos its scoshe or monster or a similar brand and not some chinese BOSS stuff )
Old 7th January 2008, 19:59   #20
BANNED

your budget is enough for a satisfactory sound system .
head unit- go for jvc ,pioneer
speakers go for oval shaped speaker .
u can get a good sound system in this budget.
u can get a jvc head unit with usb for 6000 approx
Old 8th January 2008, 09:05   #21
BHPian

[/quote]i just hope that the 650 buck RC cables ( if they are 2 nos then they are MX and if its just one nos its scoshe or monster or a similar brand and not some chinese BOSS stuff )[/quote]

I am not sure about this though. Need to check it up.
Old 8th January 2008, 10:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bass maker,

Is the question directed to me ?

Assume its for me,,,,,

I have been using above combo from past 1 month.
Then it is good to hear that you know what are you buying.
Old 26th January 2008, 11:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Getz CRDi has following

Sony HU model 460 with front USB/Aux In
Rear Speaker- JBL GTO 937
Front speaker -JBL GTO 637

All with B&W.

I think for the car of its size this should be great enough(as per me!!).

If you are absolute geek, then go for amplifier, front components etc.
There are great ICE guru's here, listen to them you'll end up in having the best ICE.

So its all about what your budget and whether you wanna buy them in grey market or with B&W.

Have nice time selecting your ICE.

Anju
GTO 637 or 6537 ?
how is GTO 937?Have u used a MDF instead of original parcel tray.
Why u don't use rear door for installing 6' 2-3 way speakers

i too planned for some JBL 6' components for front and 6' 3 way speakers in rear.Want to load in doors only.
Please sugget some good options

Last edited by aks_karthik : 26th January 2008 at 11:44.
Old 29th January 2008, 22:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have another doubt regarding the speaker and HU Power Handling & RMS

Sony HU model CDX-GT470U/460 with front USB/Aux In (Maximum Output Power RMS 52 Watts 4 Ohms * 4)
Front speaker -JBL GTO607C (Power Handling, RMS 70 Watts 2 ohms)(2-Way Component System)
Rear Speaker- JBL GTO 6537(Power Handling, RMS 100 Watts 2 ohms)(3-way Multi-element Loudspeaker)

how it will work ?
Whether these setup must need a Amp?
Please lemme explain.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th January 2008 at 22:24.
Old 30th January 2008, 09:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have another doubt regarding the speaker and HU Power Handling & RMS

Sony HU model CDX-GT470U/460 with front USB/Aux In (Maximum Output Power RMS 52 Watts 4 Ohms * 4)
Front speaker -JBL GTO607C (Power Handling, RMS 70 Watts 2 ohms)(2-Way Component System)
Rear Speaker- JBL GTO 6537(Power Handling, RMS 100 Watts 2 ohms)(3-way Multi-element Loudspeaker)

how it will work ?
Whether these setup must need a Amp?
Please lemme explain.
Even though the speakers have far more power handling capacity than the HU can give (the 52W mentioned is the max ouput, typically it will give 18-22Wrms), they will work OK with the HU. At high volumes, the speakers will faithfully put out all the distortion that the HU will produce, i.e. the HU output will clip at high volume, and the speakers will reproduce the clipping noise. But remember, it is quite likely that you may not need to reach that loudness.

An amp will definitely help, even if it is a Sony amp. It will help you attain much higher volumes without the HU going into clipping. So, if you want to hear really loud without clipping, go for the amp. Even at moderate loudness, the output quality with an amp is better than without.
Old 30th January 2008, 09:55   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
An amp will definitely help, even if it is a Sony amp. It will help you attain much higher volumes without the HU going into clipping. So, if you want to hear really loud without clipping, go for the amp. Even at moderate loudness, the output quality with an amp is better than without.
remember when clipping the amp produces an extraordinary ammount of high frequency energy. this energy can damage tweeters so do not drive any amp to clipping. the best way to notice clipping is to pay attention to the amp's ability to properly control the speaker, if you hear this happening turn it down.
Old 30th January 2008, 10:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Even though the speakers have far more power handling capacity than the HU can give (the 52W mentioned is the max ouput, typically it will give 18-22Wrms), they will work OK with the HU.
Are there any HU's around which give a higher output? Any particular brands/models which perform better (relative to other brands) when used without an amp or are of them pretty much the same in this regard?
Old 30th January 2008, 14:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Are there any HU's around which give a higher output? Any particular brands/models which perform better (relative to other brands) when used without an amp or are of them pretty much the same in this regard?
Since all HU manufacturers also offer amps, it is not in their interest to differentiate their HU's over the competition on the basis of the power of the amp built into the HU. The devices used in different HUs differ only slightly in the power handling capacity.

One good thing is that almost all of these satisfy the needs of normal users who don't bother about the nitty gritties of the amp, i.e. the loudness that they produce is sufficient for normal listening requirements. SQ is a different ball game, without associating any prejudice.
Old 30th January 2008, 18:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Here the HU Output is 52 Watts 4 Ohms * 4
But Speakers use only 2 Ohms.
is the HU Output be 104 Watts 2 Ohms * 4 if i convert it to 2 Ohms usage ?
Old 30th January 2008, 18:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Here the HU Output is 52 Watts 4 Ohms * 4
But Speakers use only 2 Ohms.
is the HU Output be 104 Watts 2 Ohms * 4 if i convert it to 2 Ohms usage ?
NO but it might damage the HU amplifier if played at high volumes as it is not designed to handle 2 ohms load. But the JBL speaker have the impedance spread well close to the 4 ohms mark so the HU will be happy. But the HU amp will not extract full potential because in real world the HU amp is just 15-18 watts rms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks