Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 12:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
@low_bass_makker - Mate, this one subwoofer is expected to drill out in excess of 135 dbs. We'll just have to wait and see.
My sub woofer weights excess of 40 kgs with the enclosure it would be in tune of 60-65 kgs...Have not weighted the amp since I do not have that big of a amp to drive the beast. But very soon when I have the money to buy another one of the sub and the amp for both of them.

@Mods I am have no intention of doing marketing here just sharing some facts, If there is any issues the post can be deleted

I did not understand the 135 db thing. Even two pioneers can hit 135 db easily.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 7th April 2009 at 12:45.
Old 7th April 2009, 13:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this one subwoofer is expected to drill out in excess of 135 dbs.

what all amp are you planning to buy to feed this sub you atleast need 5000wrms (pure) as hooles can hadle 7000wrms,you must have shortlisted some amp so wanted to know.

you are spending 5L to acheive 135db,any pioneer,jbl,... brands can easily do 135db .
Old 7th April 2009, 13:43   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
look back on the last page and see for yourself that its turned out to be a battle of egos or all show, no go in layman terms. the 'mine is bigger' thing doesnt work here amongst us team bhpians. there will be atleast 15-20 people on this forum who have spent more than 7 lacs even! they will not wish to be named. so its better we dont get into numbers here. 5 lacs is a big amount nonetheless, and we are happy you have spent 5 lacs ONLY on the ICE. good for you. so what's the query then, if you know what you want and more so, better than the people who have been trying to suggest you and be helpful?
lets be open to discussion and not have a comeback to everything that is said!
with your ICE.
Hey Frank,

Agreed! This is not the place for a slugfest. Coming to suggestions, I need to know how to balance the whole deadweight in the boot and if anyone's installed over 100 kgs with stock suspension. Will it hold good? And I'm really concerned about the rear windshield and if it will be affected adversely due to the excessive vibrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
My sub woofer weights excess of 40 kgs with the enclosure it would be in tune of 60-65 kgs...Have not weighted the amp since I do not have that big of a amp to drive the beast. But very soon when I have the money to buy another one of the sub and the amp for both of them.
Has it affected the handling of your car? and are people able to sit in the back seat without the car bottoming out at the rear?

Guys,

I'm on the verge of chickening out of the Earthquake. Not confident of handling as pointed out by some of you. Not sure about rear seating since I don't want the car to bottom out. Don't want to change the suspension since it's a car I bought recently. Most importantly, it's my wife's car and she's not too excited!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2009 at 14:38. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Guys let HRT_FPV finish the install and post the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
But this in theory. Practice often yeilds different results.
As Navinji says practically results might be different. He might be able to achieve more than 145 DB too.

Who knew 2 iDv3 can do 151.2 DB. Remember Sam's car ?
Old 7th April 2009, 22:40   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need to know how to balance the whole deadweight in the boot and if anyone's installed over 100 kgs with stock suspension. Will it hold good? And I'm really concerned about the rear windshield and if it will be affected adversely due to the excessive vibrations.
Has it affected the handling of your car? and are people able to sit in the back seat without the car bottoming out at the rear?
yes it will affect the number of passengers you can put in the back seat and the car's handling. only you can judge if that sacrifice is worth it. For example when I was 27 and single it was, when I am 47 with a family it is not.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
For example when I was 27 and single it was, when I am 47 with a family it is not.
Wow Navin. You really know how to drive the point home! That was a very simple but extremely valid point.

I guess I'm past the age albeit the fact that I'm only 29, but married.

This is given me a lot to think about.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to know how to balance the whole deadweight in the boot and if anyone's installed over 100 kgs with stock suspension. Will it hold good?
I haven't installed or even seen a Civic with over 100kgs in the trunk. But I'm sure it's going to cause the car to sink quite a bit. Using a stiffer suspension should solve this.

Quote:
And I'm really concerned about the rear windshield and if it will be affected adversely due to the excessive vibrations.
There won't be as much pressure on the rear windshield as there will be on the walls of the trunk and the trunk lid. Those will surely flex like mad if not reinforced.

But for a SPL car, a sedan is anyway not the best idea, is it?

Quote:
Most importantly, it's my wife's car and she's not too excited!!
Old 8th April 2009, 14:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Who knew 2 iDv3 can do 151.2 DB. Remember Sam's car ?
Debatable! The same equipment couldn't do more than 140 or 144 (i think) in an SUV on the so-called infamous delhi db drag!

@ Mods: I'm NOT starting any issues, but its just that what I've been given to understand over last couple of threads!

Kindly feel free to edit if its not acceptable.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Debatable! The same equipment couldn't do more than 140 or 144 (i think) in an SUV on the so-called infamous delhi db drag!

@ Mods: I'm NOT starting any issues, but its just that what I've been given to understand over last couple of threads!

Kindly feel free to edit if its not acceptable.
Arey this is a healthy discussion. I hope you will understand after checking out the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Subwoofer and Amplifier-db-chart.jpg  

Old 8th April 2009, 15:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arey this is a healthy discussion. I hope you will understand after checking out the attached image.
Abhibh from where did you got this image ?
Old 8th April 2009, 16:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Abhibh from where did you got this image ?
Neki or pooch pooch... Well got it from one of my fav. threads in ICE section. Too bad it's locked now.

Though you can find it at autohifi-magazin.de Feb 2005 issue.
Old 8th April 2009, 17:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neki or pooch pooch... Well got it from one of my fav. threads in ICE section. Too bad it's locked now.

Though you can find it at autohifi-magazin.de Feb 2005 issue.
Care to link the thread. We can view it even if it is locked.

And I cannot find the Feb 2005 issue on the site given by you Care to help in that department too.
Old 8th April 2009, 19:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

.. now if I see and analyze this chart carefully, the actual db figures would further come down!
Old 8th April 2009, 23:25   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

I haven't installed or even seen a Civic with over 100kgs in the trunk.
I have (in a Contessa) remember the TL I told you about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
.. now if I see and analyze this chart carefully, the actual db figures would further come down!
depends on cabin gain. remember my old posts about the 60-80Hz region being where most cars have problems. guess they still have not sorted out these issues.

Look at the chart again see that boost sub 50Hz. This boost will make the car sound bass heavy and not natural if you stuff a sub that is flat in anechoic conditions in a car. this is why I have hinted in the past that a car actually allows you stuff a sub in a box one size too small (high Q say 0.7<Q<1)and then flatten the Q by increasing box losses (QL) by going aperiodic. The loss in sensitivty due to box losses is made for by cabin gain below 50Hz. Use the cabin gain for your gain. Use the cabin loss for your gain. DIYers have a huge advantage over speaker companies. They can design for their cabin/room!

Last edited by navin : 8th April 2009 at 23:30.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

If i am not mistaken Bhagwan was using custom build enclosure in his Skoda with tiles in it which was around 80KG each.

He might be able to give tips on suspension problems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks