Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 11:29   #31
BANNED

I mis only these blue LED's in my GTO amps they got only one and barely seen.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:23   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitabc View Post
Screw your installer for such kind of bad work,, does he not know how to organize the wires.I think the cylinder is a FUSE holder, will put you in lots of trouble maybe not now but later. This is fart-job man!! I have seen better installs for 20-25 Grand, equipments are not important, the way they are put is what matters. Sue your installer is all I will say for the 36K you have paid.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Not taking anything away from the rest of your setup brother, im sure its spanking!!

From the colour of those wires/RCA's it doesnt look like the genuine JBL kit. I can see white cable which is what the colour of the RCA's are in the fake kit.

Like Scaryskulls has mentioned, If indeed its the fake kit and the dealer has tried to pass it off as an original by mentioning it on the bill then you can take him to task.

Last edited by s0uljah : 18th January 2008 at 12:40.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy on the setup, looks nice, but no front speakers? You plan to sit only in the front. Why did you go for the rears. You should have gone for front compos and amped then, later on rear speakers, if you plan to drive the car youself.

Also the wiring is 100% fake, JBL stopped their wiring kit long time back and there is no two way about it, its fake and the install seems to be below average.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Why didnt you go for a 4 channel?
I think I can answer this better.... because the whole idea was to have 4 speakers (2 front + 2 rears) + one BR to give the boom and since JBL speakers are rated at 2 ohms and they wanted to extract the full juice, they decided to wire the speakers (front and rear) in parallel. Since our bro rohit was short of cash, the guys at the installation told him that whenever you are comfortable, just come over and we can install front comps with the 60.2 and trust me, they'll sound double because then they'll be getting the more juice (see the specs on the amp ).

Ya, they forgot to tell you that fader will not work in this case.

@ rohit : bro, I'm exteremely sorry to say but your JBL wiring kit worth Rs. 2700/- is all fake, only thing what I liked about this wiring kit was the insulation quality of the speaker wire (in case you have one in your kit).

@ scary skulls: bro, as sam pointed out, these are "mix-n-match" dealers. so just dont worry, phull guarantee hai sir ji, hum baithe hain yaar 20 saal se yahan. As I think, noise suppressor is used because of alternator whine which is inevitable given the installation techniques and the sub-standard wiring. You wont believe, in one of the cases, the installation guys @ sahni actually taped together the power wire and the RCAs and hide them under the seat to give a "clean look".

Now you ask me how I'm sure about all these... simple....I know the expert sardarji owner of Sahni very well. (he's the proud owner of JBL signboard in the whole area and have installations like Pio 306 DVC X 3 + 2 pairs 2150 + 2 pairs TS20 + Blue Neons install in a gypsy to his credit - that shakes the whole vikas puri).
Old 18th January 2008, 13:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
installations like Pio 306 DVC X 3 + 2 pairs 2150 + 2 pairs TS20 + Blue Neons install in a gypsy to his credit - that shakes the whole vikas puri).

Boom Boom Boom, shake the room. I think I can hear the treble all the way here in Bengaluru.
Old 18th January 2008, 23:49   #37
BHPian

LOL Panky. That's too much. especially the Phull Garanteeee part, 20 years part.

@Rohit -> Please dont let this thread depress you. Everyone bites the dust atleast once. Now you can indulge in self educating yourself and prevent it from happening again in future.
Old 19th January 2008, 11:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Bottom line is If you are happy then no need to worry what others say.

I would suggest to get the wiring dressed up . Which will make the setup a lot cleaner.
Old 19th January 2008, 19:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Bottom line is If you are happy then no need to worry what others say.

I would suggest to get the wiring dressed up . Which will make the setup a lot cleaner.

I Love It .... But yes i agree that installation is really poor.. Planning to make some MDF box or some frame to hide the wiring.. Wires are really looking cheep and same are spoiling the looks..
Old 20th January 2008, 09:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I think I can answer this better.... because the whole idea was to have 4 speakers (2 front + 2 rears) + one BR to give the boom and since JBL speakers are rated at 2 ohms and they wanted to extract the full juice, they decided to wire the speakers (front and rear) in parallel. Since our bro rohit was short of cash, the guys at the installation told him that whenever you are comfortable, just come over and we can install front comps with the 60.2 and trust me, they'll sound double because then they'll be getting the more juice (see the specs on the amp ).

Ya, they forgot to tell you that fader will not work in this case.

@ rohit : bro, I'm exteremely sorry to say but your JBL wiring kit worth Rs. 2700/- is all fake, only thing what I liked about this wiring kit was the insulation quality of the speaker wire (in case you have one in your kit).

@ scary skulls: bro, as sam pointed out, these are "mix-n-match" dealers. so just dont worry, phull guarantee hai sir ji, hum baithe hain yaar 20 saal se yahan. As I think, noise suppressor is used because of alternator whine which is inevitable given the installation techniques and the sub-standard wiring. You wont believe, in one of the cases, the installation guys @ sahni actually taped together the power wire and the RCAs and hide them under the seat to give a "clean look".

Now you ask me how I'm sure about all these... simple....I know the expert sardarji owner of Sahni very well. (he's the proud owner of JBL signboard in the whole area and have installations like Pio 306 DVC X 3 + 2 pairs 2150 + 2 pairs TS20 + Blue Neons install in a gypsy to his credit - that shakes the whole vikas puri).

Dude where do you put up ?? Pls guide which wiring should i go for ?? and from where i get those installed.. Also need to change the amps. fittings.....
Old 20th January 2008, 14:47   #41
BHPian

Removed Everything

Lets wait for my next pic....

Removed Everything

My Clean Boot

Old 20th January 2008, 17:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Already cleaning up ..Good. Is it a DIY or getting it done at some place.
Old 20th January 2008, 19:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Already cleaning up ..Good. Is it a DIY or getting it done at some place.

This is doing it myself.......This time no naked wires at all .... cheers:
Old 3rd February 2008, 10:56   #44
BHPian

Finally

Finally some clean look....Fixed amps in the boot base...

Got this silky stuff from my Dad's Factory...

Old 3rd February 2008, 19:57   #45
BHPian

Good work.
But keep an eye on Amplifier temperatures. And I hope this Silk isnt too fire/burn prone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks