Team-BHP - Noise
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Noise (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34313-noise-3.html)

All right! I checked the gains... they were completely high. Reduced them, and the hiss did reduce to a large extent. I also realised that before reducing them I could here it even during the music, like during some short silent interval in a song. But reducing the gains has reduced it considerably.
Will have the wiring checked a.s.a.p.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 691684)
Ahem, when DerAlte bhai said the ICE section was "singing paens" for me, I visualized it slightly differently. :)

no no no none of the G'N'R "Use your Illusion" stuff. more like

"Wide awake in the middle of the night
I wonder how she's feelin'
Is it just a trick of the light
Or is her ceiling peeling?"

- The Who

I've found a pattern to my alternator whine problem i.e. whistling noise when the car is revved. It seems to be happening ONLY when the headlights or fog/driving lights are on. Not happening with parking lights on. Hence I used to get it on the way back home from office.
How do I sort this out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 708539)
I've found a pattern to my alternator whine problem i.e. whistling noise when the car is revved. It seems to be happening ONLY when the headlights or fog/driving lights are on. Not happening with parking lights on. Hence I used to get it on the way back home from office.
How do I sort this out?

do yu know a good electrical guy.

have him check out the entire electricals. I suspect that the noise is being induced from fuse box. If the lights fuse and ICE fuse are close to each other and either of the 2 fuses are loose you could get some inductive compling.

Is the noise very prominent or very slight (sort of like a soft background hiss that changes in frequency when you rev).

The HU can get ground for two points one is the Harness wiring and the other is the antenna ground. Check both of them also check for the Headlight relay if any.

@lbm - the driving lights were fitted last month. It could be a reason, since the Maruti workshop did mention that they had initially got the grounding wrong. But......
I'll need to check @navin's input first since,
a. The sound is just like you have mentioned.
b. The sound started post DIY ie few weeks after fogs were fitted
c. ICE fuse was installed during DIY. It is placed in the engine bay, very near the car fuse box.

Not sure where the light fuse of the car are placed, since theres another fuse box in the drivers footwell.
@navin - did not understand what you meant by loose fuse.

Please excuse the lack of gaps between paragraphs. Posting from my phone. It ignores all 'line feeds'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 708653)
b. The sound started post DIY ie few weeks after fogs were fitted
c. ICE fuse was installed during DIY. It is placed in the engine bay, very near the car fuse box.

Please excuse the lack of gaps between paragraphs. Posting from my phone. It ignores all 'line feeds'.

Get your fog wiring check it might the defaulter here.

No issues about the line feeds.:)