Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2008, 00:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I got that. I also wanted to know why such an external arrangement in a high end component set? I have seen sets costing much lesser having internal jumpers on board to carry out these flexibilities. For example if you see the Illusion Lucent crossover below you can fairly see the jumper arrangements on the LHS of the network. Quite convenient that!
In this case, internal jumpers are not necessarily an advantage, nor lack of them a disadvantage. In a setup they only need to be done once. So?

Jumpers are an advantage if the setting is done even infrequently (more than once), but
a. add to cost, however small
b. add to the signal path: longer it is, more the chances of noise
c. add another point of failure without contributing to functionality

These are primary design issues. If you are the designer, what will you choose?

Last edited by DerAlte : 27th January 2008 at 00:18.
Old 27th January 2008, 13:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

It also depends on company to company. Like the taste of Butter Chicken varies from Dhaba to Dhaba
Old 28th January 2008, 12:29   #48

You guys have been asking where the sensor gets placed? Well all our cars compete at IASCA events which is a international org! All readings are obtained with the sensor placed on the passanger side of the front windscreen. There is also a jig used to make sure that the sensor is legally placed in more or less the same spot in all cars!
Old 28th January 2008, 12:35   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
Neeresh, best SPL box for two DD3512e? Tuned to how many hz? Dimensions, design, port (single, multiple), port size......ahhhh, simply i mean the complete design for the best box for pair 3512?

Kindly Suggest.
Its not that easy! not just any box will work in any car! Your enclosure volumes are dependant on your cars res frequancy (this applies to SPL only). You need to meassure your cars natural fs, and then let me know what the max enclosure volume can be and we can work it from there, however you need to get the basics in the car right first! The basics start with very good battery power!
Old 28th January 2008, 12:59   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
In this case, internal jumpers are not necessarily an advantage, nor lack of them a disadvantage. In a setup they only need to be done once. So?

Jumpers are an advantage if the setting is done even infrequently (more than once), but
a. add to cost, however small
b. add to the signal path: longer it is, more the chances of noise
c. add another point of failure without contributing to functionality

Well said!
Over and above everything, since this is such a high end companent, I am sure that you would want to bi-amp it anyway!
I use 3 amplifiers to power my one set of 3ways! 2x Zapco REf 500M on the two midbass drivers and one Zapco ref 750 to power the mids and tweeters.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:03   #51
BHPian

Neeresh had send me some pics to be uploaded

Here we go

His corsa from inside

Old 28th January 2008, 21:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Yes you did manage to achieve good figures, by playing test tones and sweeps and who knows where the microphone was sitting.

jokes apart, i would really like to know all the details of the spl test you have done. and on you thread ofcourse.

cheers
clip
Old 28th January 2008, 22:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Something from my side.

This was done inside the enclosure not outside. Can be higher if required.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 28th January 2008 at 22:35.
Old 29th January 2008, 00:15   #54
Nos007

Wow Wow Wow... Superb LBM ji, i think u should go for the sound off competitions..

Old 29th January 2008, 00:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos007 View Post
Wow Wow Wow... Superb LBM ji, i think u should go for the sound off competitions..
Lol Nos,

I think LBM is trying to show here that by placing the sensor very close to (or inside ???) the enclosure, such ridiculous spl levels can be attained, but have no meaning. Which is why he has tested with the sensor on the front windshield and posted those numbers in his thread.

Anyway LBM, I have noticed that you have some very serious standing wave issues which you need to get rid off. Proof of which is the increase in bass when you roll down the glasses/ open the doors.

I suggest you take a look at this to optimize the spl at sensor position. You could copy the German text into something like babelfish and get the english... oh wait, look who's teaching the Google King.
Old 29th January 2008, 01:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Lol Nos,

I think LBM is trying to show here that by placing the sensor very close to (or inside ???) the enclosure, such ridiculous spl levels can be attained, but have no meaning. Which is why he has tested with the sensor on the front windshield and posted those numbers in his thread.

Anyway LBM, I have noticed that you have some very serious standing wave issues which you need to get rid off. Proof of which is the increase in bass when you roll down the glasses/ open the doors.

I suggest you take a look at this to optimize the spl at sensor position. You could copy the German text into something like babelfish and get the english... oh wait, look who's teaching the Google King.
i think this is a problem in every car i have ever auditioned. what is the bet way to sort the standing waves issue?

and lbm, don't take my post in the wrong sense. it is unrelated to any of our previous "SPL Slinging" :-)

cheers
clip
Old 29th January 2008, 03:09   #57
BANNED

LBM... you are one crazy guy! ya, you can take this as a compliment.
Sorry Neeresh, your thread has been hijacked.
Old 29th January 2008, 11:32   #58

Quote:
Lol Nos,

we have managed to do a 172 with the sensor right by the port in our street car! We were teasing Len about if, because Lens car has bullet proof windows, the doors get bolted down and the car is almost 4 tons!

Anyway, about the car playing louder with the windows/door open! Your enclosure volume is not right!

BTW,
What type of cars do you guys use in India to compete with? Basically I want to know what the res freqancies are!
Old 29th January 2008, 12:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. One more thing one more test yet to be done. So hold on till then.
Old 29th January 2008, 13:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Nice link Ajay.
Thanks.

But no need to download from there now.
Yours truly has been kind enough to upload the translated version for benefit and convenience of all. Alongwith a bonus high resolution GZ logo.
So download. Be happy And all hail you know who.

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks