Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:37   #16
BHPian

Ok fine. So i think i should now look for 6" compos. I already read that warning and prepared myself to be confused and spoiled

Xeta can't accommodate 6 1/2" in the front doors. And there is NO provision for speakers in Rear doors. And i don't want to chop off anything.

And at this time, dash locations still remain empty. Would you suggest 4" coaxials or 4" compos (do these exist?) for the job?

And coming to drive these components, i hope i will not need any amps.

EDIT : What are spacer rings ? Whats their use ? If i get the compos of correct size, would i still need them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
When I visited a dealer in Gurgaon to get JBL Compos installed in the front doors, I was told that Its not advisable to install anything in doors of Indica, rather go for Dashboard default location and install 4" speakers(He suggested "Fusion"). What do you have to say about this suggestion and hows this Fusion's quality?
What about this ? Any idea why the dealer suggested against installing stuff in door provision? Was it only for the hard banging which may be done by some people on the pretext of closing the door?

Most of all, i need a setup which will NOT disturb my driving experience in any way. I don't hear it too loud anyway and i don't keep tampering with the HU along the journey.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 2nd February 2008 at 01:45.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
O
Xeta can't accommodate 6 1/2" in the front doors. And there is NO provision for speakers in Rear doors. And i don't want to chop off anything.

And at this time, dash locations still remain empty. Would you suggest 4" coaxials or 4" compos (do these exist?) for the job?

And coming to drive these components, i hope i will not need any amps.

EDIT : What are spacer rings ? Whats their use ? If i get the compos of correct size, would i still need them ?
Yes 4" compos exists. I think illusion electra series have 4" and they cost 4990. 4" coax and 4" compos will increase your budget.

To drive components u dont need an AMP but its better to have one

Check my below thread edits you will know what are spacer rings.

Last edited by abhibh : 2nd February 2008 at 01:48.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:50   #18
BHPian

Yea thanks for the info & pics. Lucky that i don't need the spacer rings and also the appearance of spacer rings don't appeal me much. No offense meant to BUSA and his installation

I would at least for now, put the thought of Amp out of my mind for sometime.

Also i read something about splitting the frequencies in using the compos and all. Can this also be done without need for extra hardware (amps, equalizer) ?

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 2nd February 2008 at 01:52.
Old 3rd February 2008, 13:41   #19
BHPian

@true dreamer

if you are goin in for 4 inch component speakers the illusion electra series EL 4.1 is the best
please contact BAss&Trouble for these speakers they are about 4990 rs with bill
they come with a total of 6 items (Two 4 inch round oval midbass/woofer speakers that go into the dash provisons, Two 1 inch tweeters that go wherever u feel and 2 crossovers- this is the stuff that splits the frequenceis that you're so confused about. it can be tucked away discreetly under the dash or in the door panels whatever you installer feels right)

now add to that ur HU for about 6k and 500rs installation charges youve crossed you budget

if you feeling richer you can add 6 inch co axial speaker in the rear door panels (ofcourse if there is no standard provison your installer will have to cut and modify them with spacers)
look at the GT5 series from JBL they should not be too inexpensive in the grey market

Btw Busa has a great install with spacers and illusion 6 inch speakers in the door panel with sound proof sheets, what you are looking in the pic is the syuf INSIDE the door panel! once the door panel is moiunted it looks clean
(im sayin this cause i get the feeling the looking at BUsa's install pics you are gettin the feeleing that thats the finished untidy job!
its not!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks