Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 16:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
If it shows up as a drive in "My Computer" without needing to install iTunes or any other ****ty drivers, then it will work with a USB HU.
Thats why I said so...Has anyone tried it kya ??
Old 13th February 2008, 20:11   #17
BANNED

OK guys, I gotta tell ya' -- I am lost! What's shuffles, EP, RCA, etc?
Are these terms I ought to know while shopping? I don't want to end up buying a bunch of stuff I don't even need.
Old 13th February 2008, 21:43   #18
BANNED

I told you to buy a pioneer 5050UB
Old 14th February 2008, 09:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
OK guys, I gotta tell ya' -- I am lost! What's shuffles, EP, RCA, etc?
Are these terms I ought to know while shopping? I don't want to end up buying a bunch of stuff I don't even need.
Shuffle is a type of iPod that comes with no display or dock port and very minimal capacity.

If you want to connect the audio output from the earphone socket of a player, you use a EP to RCA cable - I was referring to that.
Old 15th February 2008, 07:10   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangujral06 View Post
you may also look at blaupunkt ipod ready head units which come with connecting cables
maui MP36 - rs8950 with b/w
bahamas MP46 - rs10,950 with b/w

try some bargaining ..they usually give good discounts
Hey, any idea on how much these models go for, without b&w?

Now, that I know that there are several different brands and models to choose from, I don't think I want to spend more than 5.5-6K
Since vebmetal says that all the models suggested are VFM and good SQ, can 3 models be suggested from which I can decide?

Thanks
Old 15th February 2008, 07:36   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Now, that I know that there are several different brands and models to choose from, I don't think I want to spend more than 5.5-6K
Ah. That is better. ;-)

I have pio 4050. It cost me 6.5K, but right now, it is available for 5.5K. You should get 5050 for around 6K.

Both (and most USB capable HUs) come with a cable coming out of the back, into which you plug in the iPoD, USB memory stick, etc. This better than a direct usb plug into the HU, since a plugged in USB device is likely to vibrate and cause problem while the vehicle is moving. You simply put the cable into the dash or some slot under the dash, where the USB device remains safe.

I use a normal USB memory stick cum FM radio cum audio recorder, which is read by the HU as if it is any normal CD.

The HU can control any Ipod, / Ipod nano. Since I do own any Ipod products, I cannot comment on compatibility and other issues; and indeed, since the HU can read the USB device as if it is any CD, I really do not care about controlling iPOD from the HU. Why should I?

If you have queries about iPOD controls, I can refer the user manual of 4050 and answer you.
Old 15th February 2008, 11:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, any idea on how much these models go for, without b&w?
Blau HUs are not normally available without b&w!
Old 18th February 2008, 11:24   #23
BANNED

Quote:
You're right about that! My budget of 10K, though on the upper side, is exclusively for the HU. I already have Infinity for speakers (front and rear)

So as I understand it, the iPod USB cable that plugs into the computer needs to be plugged to the USB jack of the HU, is it? Is this connection for all iPod-compatible HUs?

Thanks again fella's!
To be frank there are other HU's that are cheaper than pioneers and has built in ipod audio only.

Take alook at this link containing the cheapest HUs with ipod ready stuff in them
Find Car Audio/Video Gear that Fits Your Vehicle at Crutchfield!
Old 18th February 2008, 11:27   #24
BANNED

Quote:
You're right about that! My budget of 10K, though on the upper side, is exclusively for the HU. I already have Infinity for speakers (front and rear)

So as I understand it, the iPod USB cable that plugs into the computer needs to be plugged to the USB jack of the HU, is it? Is this connection for all iPod-compatible HUs?

Thanks again fella's!
To be frank there are other HU's that are cheaper than pioneers and has built in ipod audio only.

Take alook at this link containing the cheapest HUs with ipod ready stuff in them
Find Car Audio/Video Gear that Fits Your Vehicle at Crutchfield!

The availability is a question again.

Take a print of these models and go check up for similar models in the india or asian market cos even if the mdel slightly change features remain mostly the same
Old 18th March 2008, 21:00   #25
BANNED

Keeping in mind simplicity in handling and VFM, what amongst the following makes for the best HU:

Pioneer 4950UB
Pioneer 5050UB
Pioneer 4050UB
Sony Xplod CDX-GT420U
Kenwood
Blaupunkt

I realise that Blaupunkts are not available without b&w, but with Pioneer, I am looking to get it from the grey market.
I am not really aware of the models for Kenwood and Blaupunkt.

P.S. I have a bunch of other accessories that I plan to have fitted. I never thought of it while stating my initial budget of 10K. Hence, something in the vicinity of 5K.

Last edited by luvjascha : 18th March 2008 at 21:01.
Old 18th March 2008, 21:10   #26
Team-BHP Support

Hey Vebmetal,

Why dont you offer your newish HU to any of these guys ?
Old 18th March 2008, 21:14   #27
BANNED

My vote is for Pio 4050. 5050 is simply gives some motorised cd load mechanism. It also happens that I own a 4050. It will help to keep your total ICE budget below 10K. Speakers in an Indica can always go into stock locations, so you will sae around 1K to Rs. 500 on installation costs - which is usually built into component parts by the dealer.

You should also consider JVC - given some features mentioned in other threads. They did seem vfm when I was shopping around for a HU. But do not remember seeing one with USB. (I was not searching for a USB HU initially).
Old 18th March 2008, 21:22   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
My vote is for Pio 4050. 5050 is simply gives some motorised cd load mechanism. It also happens that I own a 4050. It will help to keep your total ICE budget below 10K. Speakers in an Indica can always go into stock locations, so you will sae around 1K to Rs. 500 on installation costs - which is usually built into component parts by the dealer.
See, I already have Infinity Kappa's for speakers. All I am looking for is a HU, that's iPod-compatible, simple and easy to use.
Besides, you own a 4050. How is the SQ when you hook up the iPod to it?
Old 18th March 2008, 21:29   #29
Team-BHP Support

Luv,
I got myself a 4050UB last week and can vouch for the sound quality. Its very very good, compared to Sony at least.
PS: Not yet hooked up the iPod. I connect through USB.
I admit I am not an audiophile so may be easy to impress
Old 18th March 2008, 21:34   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Not yet hooked up the iPod. I connect through USB.
I'm not sure I understand. Isn't the iPod connected to the HU using its USB cable? (same one that connects to the computer)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks