Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:14   #31
BHPian

I am looking at getting the JVC AVX 826 for my Scorpio. Does anyone know if there is a compatible GPS receiver for this unit? I couldn't find anything on Google:(
I really wish there was some place where we could test different HU with the same set of speakers and also test different set of speakers with the same HU. It would make buying decisions a lot less complicated! The JVC is available in Bangalore at 24,250 in Grey and 29 with B&W.
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:33   #32
BHPian

@ triedeverything
If you want SatNav then Kenwood is the only option. I myself was looking for the same features as you but the Kenwood unit is out of my budget.
Old 4th March 2010, 18:13   #33
BHPian

I did talk to the Kenwood folks. The 5032 is available at 32K with B&W. However they were not aware of GPS units compatible with this
So it sounded like this unit is only compatible with GPS and does not have it inbuilt. Is this correct?

I know the Cedia comes with this unit and has GPS, I'm not sure how it is set up. I've asked this to Cedia owners but have come up with a blank. Does Mitsubishi sell the 5032 with GPS as an after market unit?

Also, I'm sure you guys have seen the new Ford Endeavor ad. Any idea which unit is used by Ford in the new Endy?
Old 5th March 2010, 02:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I did talk to the Kenwood folks. The 5032 is available at 32K with B&W. However they were not aware of GPS units compatible with this
So it sounded like this unit is only compatible with GPS and does not have it inbuilt. Is this correct?

I know the Cedia comes with this unit and has GPS, I'm not sure how it is set up. I've asked this to Cedia owners but have come up with a blank. Does Mitsubishi sell the 5032 with GPS as an after market unit?

Also, I'm sure you guys have seen the new Ford Endeavor ad. Any idea which unit is used by Ford in the new Endy?

I was told by one the dealers that only Kenwood offers Satnav in India and not all of the Kenwood models come with navigation built in.

As per this specific dealer the GPS unit is to be purchased separately for around Rs 20K

IIRC the Kenwood 5032 is Satnav ready but it doesn't have built in Satnav. So might have to buy the GPS module separately.

My plans for a Satnav enabled HU have been junked due to the huge price difference'. I'll most probably go in for the JVC AVX-826 with B&W.

Last edited by maglev : 5th March 2010 at 02:26.
Old 8th March 2010, 22:18   #35
BHPian

I am getting the JVC AVX-826 for Rs 27,000/- with bill & warranty.

The installation will take place on wednesday or thursday.

Will be going in for the rear view camera and maybe an amp as well.

I'll update as and when it happens.

I've used the Pioneer DEH-P7950UB, can anyone tell me how different or similar are the Pioneer and JVC head units in terms of sound & build quality. I liked the pioneer I had for both the sound and build.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:37   #36
BHPian

27 with bill and warranty? Wow, the advantages of living in Delhi! I tired to source one here last Saturday. There seems to be a drought of some sorts here in Bangalore as far as the JVC 826 is concerned. I got one dealer (that too in grey) quoting 26 k for a unit that needed to find its way from Coimbatore! From what I've read, the 826 is a decent buy. Haven't been able to compare it with any other system. Do post pics of the install.

What camera are you installing? I hear Xenos is good. Have you decided on the position? The biggest complaint with rear camera's is that they usually give you only a 2 dimensional view. This is unless you can get some part of the car into your sights so that you can get a feeling of depth as well.

I've also got this crazy idea of getting a camera fitted in the front It should be operated by a switch and not connected to any gear. Flip the switch and you get to see areas you can't see from where you sit!

Last edited by triedeverything : 9th March 2010 at 10:43.
Old 12th March 2010, 00:17   #37
BHPian

I finally got the JVC AVX-826 for Rs 28,000/- with a bill & 2 years warranty.

Link to the SX4 install: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1778457

I've installed a camera which is capable of night + rain vision, it comes with a six month warranty. I am not sure of the brand as the installer told me that all of them are re-branded chinese stuff and the brand doesn't really make any difference.

My car has rear parking sensors installed so that helps me in judging the depth.

Installing the camera in the front seems like a good idea. I don't think it has been tried before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks