Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 21:00   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Guys , could you check out the second one and let me know if it works ? it seems kinda obvious. Even my buying decision depends on whether this issue is resolved...
The first one will work, but the second method will just play the track in next/previous folder in order (and not the next/previous random folder)
Old 25th April 2008, 20:32   #77
BHPian

As praveen said. It's a mistake even I made. I too thought that press up and down took you to a random track when I first did it. But that was just because (here's another annoyance with Pioneer HUs) that the HU sorts the folders according to the order you transferred them onto the pen drive in, and not alphabetically or any other way. That's why it seemed random, when it totally isn't.

Anyway greenhorn, my method is way better than the first method.

And I discovered another small thing. With the AAA.mp3 (i.e. empty mp3) workaround, you can press the "ESC" button on the remote for exactly two seconds. This takes it to the first track in it's sort list, i.e. AAA.mp3, which then plays a random track.. Small thing that's all. It's just an alternative to pressing in on the button and pressing right. I prefer the latter though.

And yes, I will be writing to Pioneer soon ("sson" being a term used loosely here).
Old 16th June 2008, 17:15   #78
BHPian

A bit old thread, but I can not hold it from replying. I use Blau HU and facing very similar problem.

Blau is in a way bit better than Pio as Next will take you to next random song, but there is good probability of same song getting repeated in an hour.

Blau sorts all songs in a folder in alphbetic order. So it will start with all 'a' songs then 'b' songs. When I put Mix (Random) on, it will typically go in iterative mode and randomise between only 'a', 'b' and 'c'. After some 20 songs it will add songs starting from 'd' and so on. It never happened that it started with 'b' and then gone directly to 't'.

It is really strange that they can not implement Random algorithm effectively, something we did in college using 'C' language.

Years back I was having BPL-Sanyo music system at home which has excellent randomise function where once the song is played, it is removed from random list. So it was impossible to play same song twice.
Old 25th November 2008, 21:11   #79
BHPian

We all hate sony don't we but it seems it's the only(abuse) player that actually does what the(abuse)random feature is supposed to do. Regardless of how good pioneer may be, they can go to hell .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks