Old 7th May 2008, 19:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

hey man congrats that you got the HU please post some pics of the HU
Old 7th May 2008, 20:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
hey man congrats that you got the HU please post some pics of the HU
Sure man !! By Sunday it will be online, will post the pics soon after. Just worried about making a wrong decision while buying the rest of the setup. Waiting for the "Gurus" to speak. Unfortunately because of my limited knowledge in ICE I would love to have replies which speak about Model numbers. Period. Anything beyond that goes way over my head I just know that I need to set up a system which can be loud only if required but would have to deliver a good thump and a clear music most of other the time... and most importantly I just have 30K to spare for this one.
Old 7th May 2008, 23:57   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Yes the tweeter is a TS20 and the Speakers are coax
As for the TS-2150, I like the bass in it and do not want to dump that for a new set of speakers
FOr 30K I'd do this...

Front components from JBL/Blau/Illusion etc... for 6-8K
4 ch amp from Pioneer, Kenwood, JBL, Blaupunkt etc..to drive front components and sub... for 6-7K
sub with box from JBL/Blau/Pio... for 6K
wires for amp 2-3K
damping front doors 6K
use HU to drive rear coax (2150).
Old 8th May 2008, 10:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
FOr 30K I'd do this...

Front components from JBL/Blau/Illusion etc... for 6-8K
4 ch amp from Pioneer, Kenwood, JBL, Blaupunkt etc..to drive front components and sub... for 6-7K
sub with box from JBL/Blau/Pio... for 6K
wires for amp 2-3K
damping front doors 6K
use HU to drive rear coax (2150).
Thanks Navin !! Getting the installation done tomorrow. Hope to be online by Saturday.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:58   #20
BHPian

Finally

6+ hours of Marathon work to get the installation finally complete. For the first time I felt the Kolkata heat while I sat with the installer to see the whole procedure.

The installation started with a quick discussion with the owner of the shop I was picking up the amps and the subwoofer from. In a 5 mins conversation we were convinced to what Navin suggested. We decided to power the front speakers and the sub with the Amp and the rear speakers with the HU. By the way the owner of the store is also Navin !!

HU
==
Pioneer AVHP4000DVD

This is where it all began. A friend of mine got this for me from US and to complement this I put all kinds of things and boy I am happy This would not start giving out video at first because as per their security laws a Video source in the front should not work if the car is not in parking break. The hack into it : A switch under the dash board which I have to press to make the deck feel that I have parked !!

Front Speakers
============
JBL GTO607

After opening the door pads I realized that I was cheated by my car dealer and for 5K he had put a cheap IC series 35RMS Blaupunkt speakers. This was not enough for the amp hence upgraded to the GTO607.

Rear Speakers
===========
Pioneer TS-2150

I already had this one but this badly needed a new tray as the old one broke away giving in to the weight of the speakers. Got a new tray and got it installed in it but for no reason the main speaker in the console stopped working. I have given it to the GLIX guys for repair. Hope it comes back in good shape. Surprisingly I am not missing it with the JBL front speakers and the HELIX 12" sub.

Subwoofer
========
Helix 12" Subwoofers

Man this thing rocks. First impression was .. "what the heck", but after the installer tuned it all was well again !!

Did not get a link on the site so left it as it is

Accessories
=========
Pioneer CD-BTB200 Blue tooth Adapter

Well the good news is this works .. bad news is that it does not work with my phone (Moto A1200). Tried it with a Nokia phone and it works with no pain.

Pioneer CD-R55 Remote

This is like a home theater remote with all functions into one. Still not used it properly, instead getting used to the touch screen on the HU.

Pioneer CDX-P1280 12 CD Changer

This was already there in my car.

CD-I200

Although I lost my iPod in this transfer to Kolkata I have kept this connected as I know I will go for one soon.

Installer
======
GLIX
These guys were pretty helpful since the very time I mentioned that I was guided to them by Teambhp member "shuvd". Thanks man .. Owe you one.

As you can see there is no damping. I have kept it for future as I will do some more research before buying the correct one and installing it.

Thanks guys for helping me out to get this thing done. I just need one more help ... How to change this thread name now ?

Off to sleep now .. VERY tired !!
Old 10th May 2008, 10:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, @abhisheksircar, enjoy your music!

Pichchar kidhar haye? Photu nehi liya kya? Start a thread to show off your assets in the Sound Off and Show Off thread!!!

Also, if you mention individual prices it would be a good reference to readers.
Old 11th May 2008, 00:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Congrats, @abhisheksircar, enjoy your music!

Pichchar kidhar haye? Photu nehi liya kya? Start a thread to show off your assets in the Sound Off and Show Off thread!!!

Also, if you mention individual prices it would be a good reference to readers.
Sure. Pics coming soon. Just a bit down since a auto scratched my car little after an auto guy tried to squeeze through past me. Anyway, the speakers are also due for repair. Would take the photos soon after that. Sorry for the delay guys.
Old 12th May 2008, 09:53   #23
BHPian

Forgot to add this to the list.

Amplifier
======
JBL BPX500.1

Sorry for delaying posting the pics. Will definitely put it by the next weekend. Rest of the speakers which have gone for a fix should be back by then too.
Old 18th May 2008, 16:18   #24
BHPian

Sorry guys. Those speakers are not back from repair yet. Will post the pics of the complete setup soon after that.
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:33   #25
BHPian

Digging up an old thread of mine to break a bad news about the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. Not Major but still a concern. The system can tune to only odd channels. As in, 98.3,98.5,98.7 and so on. It CANNOT tune to channels like 98.4,98.6,98.8 etc. All these days I was lazy to find out a work around. Yesterday I mailed Pioneer support and the prompt reply was "Sorry, it is not possible to scan for the even frequency numbers." Sad but true. If somebody knows a workaround, please let me know.

Few Pics of the AVH P4000DVD (Sorry for putting it up after such a long time)

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2055.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2056.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2057.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2058.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2059.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2061.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2062.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2063.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2064.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2065.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2066.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2067.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2068.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-_mg_2069.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT-img_2070.jpg
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

In the manual, look for a configuration setting which should talk of the FM region: USA or Europe. Yours is set for USA. This is a software setting, so one would expect a configuration item for it. At worst, there would be a difficult key-press sequence at power up which would change this setting.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
This is where it all began. A friend of mine got this for me from US and to complement this I put all kinds of things and boy I am happy This would not start giving out video at first because as per their security laws a Video source in the front should not work if the car is not in parking break. The hack into it : A switch under the dash board which I have to press to make the deck feel that I have parked !!
Umm, this is probably for your own good. Driving with video on is just asking for it - if you are lucky all you will get is traffic challans. If unlucky, well you can kill yourself, and others. I hope you have put the "hack" only for convenience sake, and are not actually watching video while driving.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
In the manual, look for a configuration setting which should talk of the FM region: USA or Europe. Yours is set for USA. This is a software setting, so one would expect a configuration item for it. At worst, there would be a difficult key-press sequence at power up which would change this setting.
Great .. So if I somehow manage to change the FM settings to FM Europe will it allow me to scan all the channels ? As in 98.1,98.2,98.3 and so on or will it then move to scanning only even channels like 98.2,98.4 etc ?
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Umm, this is probably for your own good. Driving with video on is just asking for it - if you are lucky all you will get is traffic challans. If unlucky, well you can kill yourself, and others. I hope you have put the "hack" only for convenience sake, and are not actually watching video while driving.
As a matter of fact after buying this I have realized that I hardly use this to watch DVDs. This hack is only for convenience sake. Not only is watching irritating while driving but even listening to it is inconvenient considering the 3-D surround sound it provides making it sound like happening in real life, especially sounds like tyres screeching, people honking etc.
Old 9th February 2009, 17:18   #30
BHPian

Pioneer AVHP4000DVD - me too

Quote:
The hack into it : A switch under the dash board which I have to press to make the deck feel that I have parked !!
I just got a brand new Pioneer AVHP4000DVD from the US for 300$ through amazon.com and faced that same issue of video not displaying. thanks to abhisheksircar's hack, i did the same for my car and it works perfect
Thanks for sharing the info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks