Old 21st March 2008, 10:24   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

ICE for i10 at Rs.15000

ICE setup for my friends i10

What setup & how much?
Pioneer DEH-4050UB - Rs.5900
JBL- GTO-937 (B&W) - Rs.3500
JBL - GTO-507 (B&W) - Rs.4500

After including installation, plank charges and discounts the final cost was Rs.15000 (We promised to bring more cars)

Where?
Jamal Car Accessories, MRV Complex, Second Line beach, Chennai-1. Near Kotak Mahindra bank.
Contact person, Sadik - 9840111715, 25215152
Recommended by Nitrous. Thanks a ton to him

Time taken for installation?
Little under 3 hrs

Would I recommend this place to others?
Definitely yes. I'm taking my Ikon for replacing the speakers, my friends are bringing their i10, Santro and Esteem for the same setup.

Why do I recommend?
Professional service -
  • They fixed the rings for the component speakers to prevent jarring
  • Please see the tweeter mounting. It looks as if it comes factory fitted
  • No nonsense talking i.e. didn't try to over sell us
Hows the output?
Excellent. I'm no audio expert, this is the first time I'm hearing component systems. It sounds great. Please PM me and listen to the output from the car yourself and then decide.

What did I learn?
JBL speakers rock!

Humble Suggestions?
JBL Marketing Team - Please increase your in-store advertising (Car showrooms, music system stores-landmark, music world etc)
Only the audio buffs know about JBL. I would have not known about JBL if Team-bhp weren't there.

Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
ICE for i10 at Rs.15000-dsc09480.jpg  

ICE for i10 at Rs.15000-dsc09481.jpg  

ICE for i10 at Rs.15000-dsc09477.jpg  

ICE for i10 at Rs.15000-gto507c.jpg  

ICE for i10 at Rs.15000-pioneer_deh4050ub_l.jpg  

Last edited by kiku007 : 21st March 2008 at 10:28. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 21st March 2008, 10:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

wow thats a real neat setup and good choice of drivers there,happy ICEing..the rates which you got is pretty good.Congrats to your friend.you are running all the speakers on the HU,any plans in getting an amp and subwoofer??? cheers

Ramie
Old 21st March 2008, 11:05   #3
BHPian

Looks neat .

Did you inquire about the amps? Also you didn't mention about the cost of cables? I am naive in this area so just thought of getting more info.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys. We aren't planning for amps or sub woofers. As I said earlier being novices, the sound output is too good for us as it is. May be after sometime we may add

Reg cables - I've no clue. We didn't pay separately for any branded or high end cables.

O.T: IMHO wont it be a good idea if we have a JBL demo car touring the diff IT Parks?
Old 21st March 2008, 18:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
O.T: IMHO wont it be a good idea if we have a JBL demo car touring the diff IT Parks?
Thats an good idea which can be done by the car accessories people to promote their business. Not sure if the makers will be too keen to do that.

Did any of the chennaites check out the new Xenos showroom in Mount Road. The adverts claim that this will one stop shop for all car accessories.
Old 22nd March 2008, 08:34   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post

Did any of the chennaites check out the new Xenos showroom in Mount Road. The adverts claim that this will one stop shop for all car accessories.
Check the below link,
The Hindu : Business : Xenos Technologies enters retailing

"Xenos Technologies Ltd., a company engaged in marketing and distribution of automotive accessories, is the latest to join the retail bandwagon.
An outfit of Coimbatore-based Pricol Group, the Rs. 65-core Xenos has set up its first company-owned retail outlet under the banner Xenos Galleria on Anna Salai here."

BTW I've replaced my Ikon rear speakers from Xplod to JBL
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
."

BTW I've replaced my Ikon rear speakers from Xplod to JBL
Did you get a demo before choosing the HU and speakers at Jamal?
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:13   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get a demo before choosing the HU and speakers at Jamal?
No we didn't. Their shop is only 6x6, so you can imagine what demo we can expect. However they did have a couple of HUs and speaker set-up but I'm not sure how much it will help in deciding.
Old 22nd March 2008, 16:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I saw their outlet, it was in the HP COCO pump just before the right -turn to CIT nagar from anna salai (the hyundai showroom junction). The construction was not fully over when I was there but I guess it would be ready now.
Old 6th April 2008, 17:12   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I'm taking my Ikon for replacing the speakers, my friends are bringing their i10, Santro and Esteem for the same setup.
Installed the same setup for another friends i10, except for the rear speakers. Installed Polk Speakers instead of JBL. Cost Rs.1000 more than the earlier 15K.

Fixed JBL GTO 937 in my Ikon for Rs.3500
Old 12th April 2008, 23:17   #11
BHPian

Hi All,

I planing to buy audio system for my new I10. I would like to limit the budget to 10k-15k. If I can get a reasonably good system for 10k, I would like to go for it rather than stretching my budget to 15k. I want to go for a HU which has USB.

I narrowed down my HU options to Pioneer 4050 or Sony 4600. Which one of the above is preferable.

I would like to go for JBL speakers (GTO 607 & GTO 937). But if I go for JBL component speakers, look like cost is going above 10k. First of all I don't know what exactly ment by component speakers and how are they different from normal speakers? Do you suggest me going for normal speakers to keep the cost down? If so, what are the possible options?

Pls help me out on this.

-Netrife
Old 15th April 2008, 12:40   #12
BHPian

Nice basic setup there Bro.
Old 17th April 2008, 13:20   #13
BHPian

nice install love the tweeter setup!
good work.

did u take pics during install???????? plz post if yes!
Old 17th April 2008, 18:37   #14

Quote:

What setup & how much?
Pioneer DEH-4050UB - Rs.5900
JBL- GTO-937 (B&W) - Rs.3500
JBL - GTO-507 (B&W) - Rs.4500

After including installation, plank charges and discounts the final cost was Rs.15000 (We promised to bring more cars)

Where?
Jamal Car Accessories, MRV Complex, Second Line beach, Chennai-1. Near Kotak Mahindra bank.
Contact person, Sadik - 9840111715, 25215152
Recommended by Nitrous. Thanks a ton to him

Time taken for installation?
Little under 3 hrs

Would I recommend this place to others?
Definitely yes. I'm taking my Ikon for replacing the speakers, my friends are bringing their i10, Santro and Esteem for the same setup.

Why do I recommend?
Professional service -
  • They fixed the rings for the component speakers to prevent jarring
  • Please see the tweeter mounting. It looks as if it comes factory fitted
  • No nonsense talking i.e. didn't try to over sell us
Hows the output?
Excellent. I'm no audio expert, this is the first time I'm hearing component systems. It sounds great. Please PM me and listen to the output from the car yourself and then decide.

What did I learn?
JBL speakers rock!

Humble Suggestions?
JBL Marketing Team - Please increase your in-store advertising (Car showrooms, music system stores-landmark, music world etc)
Only the audio buffs know about JBL. I would have not known about JBL if Team-bhp weren't there.

Pictures
hi kiku! i am going to get the exact same setup in my santro! xing! i just wanted to know if the speakers crack or tear at high volumes??? and howz da clarity?? Im more of a Rock fan ACDC,Def Leppard, Aerosmith , Bon Jovi etc....! so do u think this is good for me??! i like my music loud but i also want it clear! Could u please just help me out! Thanks dude!
Old 9th July 2008, 20:14   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrife View Post
Hi All,

I planing to buy audio system for my new I10. I would like to limit the budget to 10k-15k. If I can get a reasonably good system for 10k, I would like to go for it rather than stretching my budget to 15k. I want to go for a HU which has USB.

I narrowed down my HU options to Pioneer 4050 or Sony 4600. Which one of the above is preferable.

I would like to go for JBL speakers (GTO 607 & GTO 937). But if I go for JBL component speakers, look like cost is going above 10k. First of all I don't know what exactly ment by component speakers and how are they different from normal speakers? Do you suggest me going for normal speakers to keep the cost down? If so, what are the possible options?

Pls help me out on this.

-Netrife
Even my requirements are somewhat similar.
Need good HU with USB+Ipod or AUX-in.
Budget 10-15 K
Audio Guru please help.
P.S. Can any one suggest some good installer in mumbai for the above installation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks