Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 09:38   #1
BHPian

Swift DZire HU to Swift VXI....

Can anybody tell me which brand is being used for stock HU in DZire ... i guess its kenwood and also how does it perform ????

I have a Swift with Pioneer 6850 HU planning to change with the DZire stock HU!!

later also planning to change the sterring as the remote of the car HU is embeded in it ...

What do u say guys ... shal I or shall I NOT....
Old 27th March 2008, 11:13   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
Can anybody tell me which brand is being used for stock HU in DZire ... i guess its kenwood and also how does it perform ????

I have a Swift with Pioneer 6850 HU planning to change with the DZire stock HU!!

later also planning to change the sterring as the remote of the car HU is embeded in it ...

What do u say guys ... shal I or shall I NOT....
The integrated HU of the DZire Vxi/Zxi also come as OE fitment in the new Swift ZXI hatch. Soo its definately possible to changeover to that Head-Unit in your car. I think its a brand called Nippon. But i would advise you not to changeover from your Pioneer simply coz its superior than the Nippon in terms of quality/playback/more number of pre-outs etc.

Changing over to a different steering wheel with integrated remote as in the Swift/DZire Zxi might not be possible coz that steering comes with an airbag cavity (if i am right) and i don't think it can fit a Swift (which is not a ZXI)

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 27th March 2008 at 11:17.
Old 27th March 2008, 11:13   #3
BANNED

even the swift zxi now has the same stereo so yes you can sure as hell fit it. the catch is where are you gonna get one, i hope not the company because the quote they will give you will be closer to buying a pioneer incar dvd player. unless your friend got this for sale or something tough luck
Old 27th March 2008, 11:46   #4
BHPian

ok if i m getting it replaced ... what do u say the sound quality would be ... (Gurus need your advice)
Old 27th March 2008, 12:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
ok if i m getting it replaced ... what do u say the sound quality would be ... (Gurus need your advice)
It won't be as good as your Pioneer for sure!
Old 27th March 2008, 12:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Those HU are available at all dealers.The sound quality is acceptable.The conversion of the steering have to be checked.
ram
Old 27th March 2008, 13:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Those HU are available at all dealers.The sound quality is acceptable.The conversion of the steering have to be checked.
ram
thats the keyword acceptable
i just checked out SQ (didnt have time to fddle with the settings though)
its definetely nowhere close to the pioneers.

can someone shed light as to if this HU has any tone settings - i.e Bass Treble Mid etc
Also please tell us the no. of pre outs - im guessing 1; though i hope it has at least 2.

well i love this car , want the VXI but really frustrated about the ICE ( though the stock HU looks good ,sometimes i wish it didnt have one and the benefit of price would be given)
Old 27th March 2008, 14:53   #8
BHPian

guys i m asking only about the HU the speakers i m using is Apine Type X componets (with pioneer 992 amp) and kenwood coax in rear...

so now Gurus please tell me if it will sound good or not ....
Old 27th March 2008, 15:54   #9
BANNED

The HU is simply a bad piece of equipment

Guys this is the same unit that is there in the SX4, i can assure you that it is one peiece of crap, I have changed the speakers to Soundstream(which i had in my Swift) 6.5 components and 6.5 coaxials and 6*p coaxials with a 90W*4 RMS amplifier, but i can assure you that even with this change the sound quality is bad, i guess the nippon unit does not have the power to drive such powerdul speakers, I myseld am gonna change it, but am hesitant coz the OEM HU looks fantastic in the dashboard, i am Ok with loosing the steering control, But i guess if u wanna that too and have enough money to spend u can get that done with a ECLIPSE HU.

My advise to you is if u have a good ear for music and luv good music then please do not get yourself in this mess of changing the HU to OEM, it is better vice versa.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thread Closed

The HU available is same as the one available in SX4. Please check out more details here

Integrated HU

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks