Team-BHP - Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done: Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done: Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/37609-skoda-rs-ice-re-done-carbon-steg-ground-zero-stinger-optima-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 790647)
You [Navin] should be the best Judge !!
a] You are the 'M' [hence knowing all] !!!
b] You have heard both.

1. Agreed I am the best judge, just like each one of us is the best judge of what we want.

2. I not not M, I know I am a moderator but if you ask Sam and co they will tell you that I really came to TBHP to learn. "They" promised me riches, heaven and 72 virgins if I became a mod, liars! ;-) LOL. Just Kidding. in any case I really think I have a lot to learn from the Gurus and Pros here. Many here are more passionate and knowledgeable than me. Let me be the first to admit that. Hence I dont think I can be compared to 'M'.

3. I have heard both. I think the clam shell is an excellent design, better than my exisitng sub for sure. I wish the bass was tighter still, but like you said (when we heard the sub) the program material must also be good to expolit the sub.

The problem is I have heard OB and TL (Bud Fried) and good horns (Belle Klipsch / La Scala) and my ears long for the slam of horns, with the colourlessness of OB and the delicate definition of TL. I want it ALL and cheap too! For the past 20+ years I have been chasing this holy grail.

I tried mating K33 (drivers used in the La Scala) to Maggie SMGas, 2245s at home/TL's in my car, "Linkwitz Transformed" sealed boxes, Vifa/Scan Speak, Focal, Morel, Dyn; everything but IB (I dont think my neighbours would be too pleased if I tried IB) but so far no dice.

You wont believe how mad I got; I had given up, got myself ipods, Beyer 880/AKG 701 and Air heads and figured the holy grail was just a dream. Now thanks to TBHP and guys like you, I am begining to believe again.

Quote:

Now thanks to TBHP and guys like you, I am begining to believe again.
One must always believe in ones self & remain 'passionate' about things that one loves to do !!

'M' = Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 790808)
...'M' = Moderator

Oh shoot! When you had written "a] You are the 'M' [hence knowing all] !!!", I had myopically speed-read it as "a] You have the 'M' [hence knowing all] !!!" and sagely nodded "Yeah, Navin has a LOT of M to have done what he has done". :D
My bad, muy bad, muy muy malo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 790647)
a] You are the 'M' [hence knowing all] !!!

'B' thinks is of zero importance.

Team Bhp does not permit profanities whether said openly or closedly or something like that. Just to bring to your notice befoe you start calling people 'C' or 'G'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 790843)
Team Bhp does not permit profanities whether said openly or closedly or something like that. Just to bring to your notice befoe you start calling people 'C' or 'G'.

clap:You have mastered the art of innuendo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 790471)
I really still don't get the connection between a birth sheet and the amp being over or underrated.

If you buy an amp rated at 100 x 2 and you get a birth sheet saying, 125 x 2, I suppose you mean to say that you would be excited to buy an "underrated" amp. Within certain parameters, I would perhaps refuse to accept the amp or write off the birth sheet as a gimmick.

Because of common sense.

why does a manufacturer underrate its amps? i would like to know that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 789259)
I think you need to be very carefull with the Stegs they are quite underrated for what they can produce.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 791008)
why does a manufacturer underrate its amps?

Manufacturer provides precise wattage under a given set of circumstances. If you change the circumstances, or the circumstances of normal operation are different from those during measurement, then the output power may be lower or higher than rated by a reasonable extent. In which case, the amplifier can be termed as overrated or underrated respectively, right?

Please note LBM's statement above which says "they are underrated for what they can produce". This is a caution to the user. The user may not use the amp in the same circumstances as that when the amp was measured and rated. Hence he may end up sending more than the rated power. Confusion solved?

Ok. The steg has a regulated power supply and the manufacturer says it maintains the same output regardless of the voltage conditions. In that case, can it produce more output than rated?

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 789975)
Ajay Bhai now I am used to it as I am the most inexperienced one here :)

Clipto I had a Alpine 545 4 channel amp it had a birth certificate with it. It was rated 125 x 4 but at the certificate it was written 169 rms watts.

Maybe it was true but I found that Steg which is rated at 80 watts was more louder and cleaner when compared to Alpine hence the statement . :)

Lbm,

i asked this because of my inexperience with high end or any end equipment. i have had chance to listen to very few good setups and that too for a short period. Its becuase you have good equipment and the amp you are talking about, i asked the question.

if ever i doubt you or anyone, i would say it directly.

Let not discuss it here anymore. Its Bhagwan's thread so lets just discuss his Ice.

cheers
clip

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 791318)
Let not discuss it here anymore. Its Bhagwan's thread so lets just discuss his Ice.
p

Sir,

Thanks !

Forget discussing;
First listen, then comment !

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 791104)
The steg has a regulated power supply and the manufacturer says it maintains the same output regardless of the voltage conditions. In that case, can it produce more output than rated?

:)

In that case, can it produce lesser power than rated? Yes it can. Reduce the input signal level.

Power output is not just a function of the supply voltage.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by B
Forget discussing;
First listen, then comment !

I have listened. Hence I shall comment. :)

That is correct, only B & T has 'heard' the RS so far.
The work is to happen, we need to complete the damping on the front right door & the tweeter position has to be finalised along with the polarity !!

I wish more would listen;

Will this car come to Delhi anytime by any chance? I would love to listen

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 790831)
...and sagely nodded "Yeah, Navin has a LOT of M to have done what he has done". :D...

1. being a Moderator does not make one a Guru. Gurus know. Moderators are just here to keep the peace.
2. I wish I had M. I really do. When I got into DIY it was to save M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 791423)
I wish more would listen;

I will, when it is done. I dont want to listen to a Work In Progress as it si not fair to the installer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 791452)
Will this car come to Delhi anytime by any chance? I would love to listen

Nice one sir;

This RS gives me an average of 4 that too on 97 Octane.

Who would drive Mumbai to ND when I could fly there @ the cost of 1/2 tank of fuel !!!

stupid: