Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2008, 10:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

LOL. What's the point in doing it again?

I was only telling not saying to do that again.

Anyways, reading your above line, I really must play the same track on idmax also when I audition it, just for kicks. Hehe…..

Sure then you will know what I was talking about

I hope these guys open shop in Punjab too. I'd love a Hertz Sub for sure....

That is a good thing. But I personally never like Hertz sub.

Very good then. After hearing horn speakers in a car (and associated headaches) I'd really prefer a laid back system. You have lucents na ? Heard they are out of production.

I never felt that horn are so forward. It is when they are played loud they can be a problem rest they sound very good. You are the only person who said that horns are bright. Ya Luccent are discontinued.

Power cable is Finolex/Havell/L&T for sure. For RCA or speaker wire, need some good reputed stuff.

I agree

Met a dude(asst. architect) there. Delhi/Gurgaon number zen. He showed me his system. It had an exad series JVC HU with time alignment. And tell ya what guys, I was TOTALLY blown away buy the sheer midbass. Mazzaa aa gaya.
You audio guys keep spoiling my budget LOL. Now dreaming of somehow shoehorning in a Time Alignment wala HU….

Very true. With a TA hu the tunning can be done to achieve very good results. But be careful but bad tunning will sound worse.

Also what all other stuff he had in his car ?
Old 16th May 2008, 11:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
... I was TOTALLY blown away buy the sheer midbass. Mazzaa aa gaya. ...
What speakers did he have in there?
Old 17th May 2008, 00:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Super. TA is an excellent plus point - go for it. Paisa to aata jaata hai. Look at LBM, paisa sirf jaata hi jaata hai ICE par. lol.
he he

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I never felt that horn are so forward. It is when they are played loud they can be a problem rest they sound very good. You are the only person who said that horns are bright.
ummmm...Make that two. Manikjeet was also with us. Remember ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Also what all other stuff he had in his car ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What speakers did he have in there?
Wasn't able to check out fully in the very short meet. But remember the dude telling me JBL compos for front and 6x9 rear powered by some amp. Some Alpine Sub with and some Alpine mono. JVC HU AVX2

Anyways, guys suggestions needed for a Cheap TA Headunit. 
I’m hoping for a trip to Delhi soon. Will want to check out most of the popular brands that I don’t get here…..
Old 1st June 2008, 13:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh.. Good times are here.
Exams are over and money is expected to flow in next week.

Plan to spend 10-15k for a really good front soundstage. I think this will be the heart of the whole system.
Need some good amplifier to power this up. Will decide on what amp after choosing the speakers.

Later in the day, will plonk in a 12” or 15” in the boot or maybe even a couple of 12” ones. Probably will choose ID because of all that unmatched reputation of all international forums that I have been visiting lately. Thanks Speedzak for the suggestion!

Now cant understand what RCA, speaker cables to use. Also cant understand what Speakers to use ?

For how much can we get a cheap TA enabled HU? I mean which is the cheapest one? JVC’s?
Old 1st June 2008, 16:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Later in the day, will plonk in a 12” or 15” in the boot or maybe even a couple of 12” ones. Probably will choose ID because of all that unmatched reputation of all international forums that I have been visiting lately. Thanks Speedzak for the suggestion!
No offense to anyone. But don't buy anything without listing. Do get a audition of the same. Of any brand you go for.

As reputation is one thing and the sounding is another.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 1st June 2008 at 16:23.
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:27   #36
BHPian

Abhi yaar. Told ya already. Just get a Kenwood HU and be happy with it.
That's the only Non Pioneer HU you'll get there anyways, leaving apart JVC.
If TA is a priority, check for EXAD series then.
Old 27th June 2008, 01:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Dad had some official work in Delhi so I went with him was getting bored there and called Rajat to ask where is Driven so that while he is in meeting I can check the various ICE stuff.

Went to Driven and to my good gracious luck got a chance to meet Gunbir and JB. Was given a chance to audition the bull but as I already had a 1 day demo of those lil monsters asked for Hertz, ID CTX demo….

Got a chance to demo Rainbow speakers. SLX and SAX were in my budget, so rather spent time with them only. My friend from UK says SLX is one of the best entry level compos he has heard and considering his and my music / listening tastes are 99% alike he suggested them to me. Well he was absolutely right they just blew off my fav DLS and JBL POWER SERIES compos. Well I was about to put my money on it but to my mere bad luck I forgot my CC back at CHD and I never travel with cash in my pocket. Not more than mere 1000 bucks.

I liked the ID CTX too but was told that it will have some mounting depth problem in my car. So was offered a demo of almost same priced Rainbow SAX. And SAX just blew my mind. The Midbass was just so ummmm…. Sexy!!!!!! Right that moment I said enough is enough I want these COMPOS!

Demo of subwoofer still pending so not sure what to do 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Abhi yaar. Told ya already. Just get a Kenwood HU and be happy with it.
That's the only Non Pioneer HU you'll get there anyways, leaving apart JVC.
Yaar kenwood 4036U is out of stock . I want that HU
Old 24th August 2008, 12:22   #38
BANNED

did u get to hold of anything yet? or still in search of things?
Old 24th August 2008, 13:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
did u get to hold of anything yet? or still in search of things?
Well yes i got the install done. Here is the thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...d-finally.html
Old 24th August 2008, 19:25   #40
BANNED

ok... kool, thanks for the link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks