Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 15:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Someone else in Mumbai also said a dealer told him that. I am sure the same dealer would have authoratively said Jayaprada or Sridevi would be the next Indian Prime Minister.
That would be me.. I was told to stay away from Blau as it is going bankrupt.. but then i guess was just got conned.. so i just changed the dealer.
Old 21st June 2009, 00:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Blau going bankrupt? That would be a difficult feat to achieve even if all the Blau guys tried really hard to self-destruct. Blaupunkt is a Bosch company. Though Bosch could sell this business off if they don't get returns they want or any other such strategic reason, it would be really difficult to imagine that a company with established OE relationships with car manufacturers *and* brand reputation in after-market sales would fold over. Companies with neither the best nor the worst products in the market usually manage to keep their heads above water, right? Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Blaupunkt ...
Old 21st June 2009, 19:16   #33
BHPian

Was trying to find out why such rumors were spreading and this is what i found:

Blaupunkt no longer belongs to BOSCH. they sold it off beginning of this year to investment firm Aurelius. Blaupunkt will now operate as an independent company. There are no plans to shutdown or anything like that.

Blaupunkt sold to German investment firm Aurelius
LBS Insight - Blaupunkt sold to German investment firm Aurelius
Bosch reports 24% drop in Q4 net
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sure. Since the competitors (not the companies, but the individuals behind marketing) find talking negative about competition far easier than talking positive about their own principals / products, such rumors can happen.
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:47   #35
BHPian

But shouldnt Blaupunkt have run a ad campaign to dispel such fears.. They would have lost quite a few customers because of this negative ad campaign by dealers.
Old 23rd June 2009, 03:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
But shouldnt Blaupunkt have run a ad campaign to dispel such fears.. They would have lost quite a few customers because of this negative ad campaign by dealers.
I don't think ever saw a TV commercial of "Blaupunkt"can someone help me think more....

They certainly cut down their cost on ADS , but it makes them to be least preferred (by majority of basic users) even with good products.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Do you mean to say you have seen ads of other ICE brands on TV? Other than the recent one by Pio, I don't recall, other than the brief shot of Sony in the Zen Estilo ad, having seen any other ICE ad so far.
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Do you mean to say you have seen ads of other ICE brands on TV? Other than the recent one by Pio, I don't recall, other than the brief shot of Sony in the Zen Estilo ad, having seen any other ICE ad so far.
- JBL I am the One Ad
- Sony Xplod System Ad which blows away the cop
- Blaupunkt Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Commercial

Old 24th June 2009, 11:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

A-ha! Thanks, @abhibh. Even discounting my unreliable geriatric memory, if there was no top of the mind recall of the ads, the ads were definitely not effective. Or perhaps the brands just did the ads as hygiene factor. Maybe a brand professional like Sam can throw some light on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks