Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 18:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post

So Lets just First decide components for me please. Sub amp later.
I have been Visiting Sites of brands like Hertz, Illusion audio to pick my setup. These people have seperate section for components and component system. What am I looking for?
Secondly All the Brands have different Series of speakers My favorite are Hertz, Illusion, Infinity. Can You guys please suggest as in Which Series is for what Or which series is best. I have already mentioned what i want from my Speakers in first post itself. Following are the sites.

Infinity Infinity - Car Audio
Hertz HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo
Illusion ::* i l l u s i o n** a u d i o* ::

Thanks Team Bhp For bearing with me.
@somebodystopme, 12K is a very good budget for components.

When we say 2-way component speakers, we all mean a 2-way component system. That is, one pair of mid-basses, one pair of tweeters, and one pair of crossovers, all "pre-matched". The "components" here are the individual (or pairs of) mid-basses, tweeters and crossovers. So look at the "Component Systems" or "Component Kits" as some refer to them.

You should quit trying to choose based on the brands or the series, and instead listen to 12K components from each of the brands you considering. Use some tracks you are really familiar with to try out each install. Your ears will help you decide. I know getting an audition from a shop will be close to impossible, but I'm sure you'll find enough TBHPians with these three brands installed in their cars in Delhi, willing to give you an in-car audition.

Do try out the entry-level ID components also (12.5K, I think). I haven't yet listened to them, but my installer has been raving about them every time I see him. 2 days back he was telling me about a pair he installed in a Swift (front doors damped solid with 9K worth damping), running off an Alpine 2-ch amp, feeding them 120w RMS. The customer had no other speakers installed, but the car reportedly sounded really great. My installer doesn't bandy about the word "great" in the same sentence as "install" if it isn't really great-sounding. Hellspawn has them installed in his Siena, if I'm not mistaken, and Rev_hard's bro has them in his Safari.
Old 10th May 2008, 23:44   #17
BHPian

you also have the rainbow range now available in india . awesome sounding. They have a i think a dreamline range ( i think would fit your budget ) which is also amazing..

Driven at east of kailash is a great place to be to get soem good ice and quality instalation. They stock all the good brands ( ID, Rainbow etc ).Frankly ive tried a few otehr places before in delhi which i feel were a total waste of money.dont bother goign anywhere else.If you are lucky you will bump into our very own Autophile and Gunbir for there touch and advice.

Last edited by sk456 : 10th May 2008 at 23:53.
Old 12th May 2008, 14:13   #18
BHPian

Thanks friends for advice. Driven do these people have website from where i can get their complete address. And what about AMP which one to go for? 4 channel is a must but what wattage and brand? Does it make a difference if I install a AMP which is not of same Brand as components and woofer? Is one 4 ch amp in budget of 10K enough to drive a pair of components, coaxials and 12" woofer?

Last edited by somebodystopme : 12th May 2008 at 14:14.
Old 12th May 2008, 15:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is one 4 ch amp in budget of 10K enough to drive a pair of components, coaxials and 12" woofer?
Ya the 10k is good budget for a entry level amp. Like JBL 75.4 , GZ Titanium Series.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:37   #20
BHPian

Hey Guys, I wanted to know how much will these Subs in company fitted enclosure cost? Will it be same as getting a sub seperately and then boxing it?
I feel this solution is better Since.
1. They look good
2. Company fitted Sub in Box.
What say?

Infinity - Car Audio
:: Ground Zero :: Subwoofer with enclosure

I really Love this one. Can i Get this one in my budget. Please suggest
:: Ground Zero :: Subwoofer with enclosure / GZHB 3000XII

Last edited by somebodystopme : 12th May 2008 at 16:41.
Old 12th May 2008, 19:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really Love this one. Can i Get this one in my budget. Please suggest
:: Ground Zero :: Subwoofer with enclosure / GZHB 3000XII

The GZ Hydrogen sub 12 inch costs approx 25k. Then the complete built unit will be quit costly.

I would suggest to get a sub woofer alone and get a enclosure built separately
Old 14th May 2008, 14:46   #22
BHPian

Okay there's a change in scene am going to wait for the install. As my dad requested me that he doesnt want much show off in i10. He asked me to wait Until my next car comes hopefully after launch of new models.
But the problem is now made up my mind to install new stuff I cant wait. So am Intalling the stuff in my Old esteem. I can always take it out later and install it in my new car.

So I needed to know from where can I get good price for Infinity, ID, Ground Zero, JBL (Sam can help here). I am talking about just Sub and amplifier. Components I''ll buy later. I am also thinking of buying branded Sub Box of the same brand I buy SUB.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 14th May 2008 at 14:48.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Okay there's a change in scene am going to wait for the install. As my dad requested me that he doesnt want much show off in i10. He asked me to wait Until my next car comes hopefully after launch of new models.
But the problem is now made up my mind to install new stuff I cant wait. So am Intalling the stuff in my Old esteem. I can always take it out later and install it in my new car.

So I needed to know from where can I get good price for Infinity, ID, Ground Zero, JBL (Sam can help here). I am talking about just Sub and amplifier. Components I''ll buy later. I am also thinking of buying branded Sub Box of the same brand I buy SUB.
Hi SSM . You should check Rainbow too mate. My friend got them a couple of weeks ago and he is very happy with the way it sounded. Even the Image Dynamics seems to have better reviews with the output not being too bright and just right for any kind of music. Check them out as well mate.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:20   #24
BHPian

Can anyone from delhi Help please.. From where can I get ID, Rainbow and GZ Stuff??
Old 16th May 2008, 17:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

ID/Rainbow - DRIVEN, F7, East of Kailash, New Delhi.
Mr. Rana @ 98xxxxxxx

GZ - B & T or L_b_M.

Use PM to provide privte information such as phone numbers.

Last edited by navin : 19th May 2008 at 10:49.
Old 18th May 2008, 16:45   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone from delhi Help please.. From where can I get ID, Rainbow and GZ Stuff??
Hi SSM,
Contact Gunbir mate. He deals with Rainbow and ID products.
He is reachable at 98xxxxxxxx.

please do not publish privte phone numbers on TBHP. It can lead to misuse.

Last edited by navin : 19th May 2008 at 10:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks