Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 13:50   #1
BHPian

Help on Bass Tubes for Swift Zxi

Hi guys,

I own a Swift Zxi and have the below mentioned setup now. I am interested in getting a bass tube installed. Reason i chose a Bass Tube over a Box is that it occupies less space (atleast thats what i think). I am looking at an 8" tube rather than the bigger, meaner ones like 12" or more. I dont mind going uptil 10". I am getting good enough bass with the rear coax but i need more boom boom inside. I dont want to make it too loud and create a nuisance to people outside.

Any suggestions or ideas???

Should i change any part of the current setup or is it good enough. Reading through a lot of pages here i felt that my 35k was a total waste. I got it done through a known installer(not very popular though) here in bangalore who did a good job.

Also do you think getting dynamat installed is a good idea, to reduce the rattling inside Swift, there aint much rattling now, i hope she doesnt develop any in the future.

I know my way around with different sounds I am very use to setting up hometheaters at home (Onkyo, Harmon Kardon, Bose and Mets) a few things my dad thought me.

Back to the topic....Here's my Current Setup
HeadUnit : Pioneer DVH-P5950MP a DVD Video player
Front Components : Infinity 6020cs
Rear 3way Coax : Infinity 9623i

I am also looking for an LCD monitor Pioneer AVX-7650.( Good---Bad----any suggestions???)
Old 10th June 2008, 09:20   #2
BANNED

Bass tube normally take more space compared to sealed boxes and both sounds very diffenently.Go for custom made box.
Old 10th June 2008, 09:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftron View Post
I hope someone atleast took a peek at this. I am sorry if this is a repeat thread, i did do a search and couldnt find a suitable answer.

If the MODS are watching this, could you be kind enough to delete this post if this a repeat and hopefully guide me to the right thread which you deem to be suitable to my query.
Whats up... Dude, goto
Auto Fusion
17th B Main, 6th Block
Koramangala
Bangalore - 560095
Phone: 080-41505576
show what you have in the car and he will suggest you what can be added for making it best...
Old 10th June 2008, 10:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

I own a Swift Zxi and have the below mentioned setup now. I am interested in getting a bass tube installed. Reason i chose a Bass Tube over a Box is that it occupies less space (atleast thats what i think). I am looking at an 8" tube rather than the bigger, meaner ones like 12" or more. I dont mind going uptil 10". I am getting good enough bass with the rear coax but i need more boom boom inside. I dont want to make it too loud and create a nuisance to people outside.
The 10" Tube will also render the boot more or less useless. I am running a 10" tube in my swift. People here recommend Box installs instead of Tube. Space wise also Box will be a better option. Try and audition both and then proceed with what suits your taste.

Damping is a prerequisite in swift

While Dynamat is the best and expensive, Noise Kill is VFM from what I have read on the forum.
Old 10th June 2008, 11:02   #5
BHPian

Hi Swiftron,

I recently installed a 12" JBL Bass Tube in my Swift Dzire. In short I'm not very happy with it. The bass is too boomy to my liking. In some songs all I can hear is boom and vibrations without any punch.

I will suggest you go in for a sealed box or an 8" or 10" sub mounted on the rear parcel tray.
Old 10th June 2008, 11:42   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am looking at an 8" tube rather than the bigger, meaner ones like 12" or more. I dont mind going uptil 10".
Any suggestions or ideas???
Also do you think getting dynamat installed is a good idea, to reduce the rattling inside Swift, there aint much rattling now, i hope she doesnt develop any in the future.
HeadUnit : Pioneer DVH-P5950MP a DVD Video player
Front Components : Infinity 6020cs
Rear 3way Coax : Infinity 9623i
I am also looking for an LCD monitor Pioneer AVX-7650.( Good---Bad----any suggestions???)
1. JBL makes a 10 bass tube. check it out you might like it
2. start by damping your front door
3. seeing that you have 6x9s in the rear what exactly do you want the bass tube for? Given that you have 6x9s covering the bass to about 40Hz I woud recommend getting a bass box that will extend the bass to 30Hz or so. A bass tube will be much too boomy (unless boom is what you seek).
Old 10th June 2008, 11:44   #7
BHPian

@Swiftron
8 inch bass tubes are difficult to find. The regular suspects in TBHP dont make them either.Furthermore an 8 incher behind might be a waste considering t
hey may not give you the boom you desire.
10inch bass tubes- JBL makes one however its not officially sold in India.
BTW i dont consider you have wasted 35K at all. Yours is a nice setup.

Now if you want an 8 incher you can try putting an 8incher upfront(not in the boot) this may give you more bass where you drive.
An option being the THb 200A 8 inch flat sub from Blaupunkt that you can install under the driver seat
to amplify it you canthink of a 2 channel amp which you can fit under the co driver seat

Alternatively there is an active amp Thb 210A which is an amp+8inch sub box together , but this will have to go in the boot (INMO however the 1st option is better)

You should know that 10-12 inch bass tubes are almost 2 feet long!
if you ok with that try searching for a 10 inch jbl or infinity bass tube(the latter sounds sweeter)

You can aslo consider a 10 inch woofer in a sealed box ( this would require a small box and iff you stuff some wool in it you can bring vlume down to about 0.7 cu ft which would give you a smaller woofer box)
Old 10th June 2008, 11:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
@Swiftron
10inch bass tubes- JBL makes one however its not officially sold in India.
They do. It is sold as CS1004T. It is available at Rs 4990. I bought one with B/W. It is also available on rediff shopping.
Here is the link JBL 10 Inch Ported Subwoofer Tube for the Car - CS1004T gifts in india at rediff shopping
Old 10th June 2008, 12:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Bass tube and space saving don't go together. Please let the gurus know how much you are willing to spend for the sub. Do you plan to get another amp for the sub or would you de power one set of speakers and run the sub on your existing amp ?
I am far from a guru but if you want to save space you should strictly stick to a 10 or 12 inch sealed sub. Butt even with this you will lose most (close to all) of your boot space.

Just read since you mentioned you were looking for a screen too start by giving a total budget for all the components you intend to buy.
Old 10th June 2008, 17:08   #10
BHPian

Within the price range of an 12" sealed tube you can get a GT-5 12" sub (around Rs. 4000 without b/w) + a decent box (around Rs. 1500) I think this the the best Bang for the buck currently available in the market.
Old 10th June 2008, 17:27   #11
BHPian

PLease note
DUB stocks 8 inch BAss tubes.
Old 10th June 2008, 23:49   #12
BHPian

First of all, thanks for looking at this thread guys

@vinayvtech - Yeah i am definitely thinking of visiting Auto Fusion this weekend. Hoping to look at some really cool setups. Hey thanks for all the suggestions, looking forward to learning more.

@thirst4torque - Any idea how much the NoiseKill would cost. I am actually thinking of getting the whole car damped boot,front & rear doors and the floor too. I really hate the rattling which starts right before i have a service pending. Do you know anyone who does a neat job at installing it. I really hate it when they do a lousy job.
I denied installing the tweeters which came with the components, just because they wanted to drill on the A pillar from inside to install it.

@ragzv - I tried to evalute the available space on the rear parcel tray, but my 6x9's are occupying a lot of space. I had the idea of getting a Pioneer shallow type subwoofer installed but the space is just not enough.

@navin - You are right, the 6x9's are producing good amount of bass but there are certain songs where in the bass is just not enough through 6x9's. I dont know if it has something to do with my perception of the music. I wouldn't like it to be too flashy and boom boom.
Old 11th June 2008, 01:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
BTW i dont consider you have wasted 35K at all. Yours is a nice setup.
Thanks buddy, it's such a relief to know it's a nice setup. I am thinking of taking a look at the Infinity Bass Tubes now. The Infinity's are very tempting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Just read since you mentioned you were looking for a screen too start by giving a total budget for all the components you intend to buy.
I can spend money if it's really worth. The screen that i am looking to buy is the Pioneer AVX-7650 which is about 25k here in Bangalore.

I am willing to spend about 10-15k for both an AMP and the Sub. I have an old Pioneer 2 channel AMP which came out of my Dad's Omni, i am not sure of the model number but i will try to look for it and update you by tomorrow. If its going to cost another 5k too i wouldnt mind. I just need a nice equipment in my baby. I dont want to go for anything which would compromise the quality.

Quote:
PLease note
DUB stocks 8 inch BAss tubes.
Sorry for asking but what exactly is DUB ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th June 2008 at 12:00.
Old 11th June 2008, 07:57   #14
BHPian

If you are particularly looking for 8” tube then you can try RS8A-HP - Bazooka 8" or Bazooka NOS8-Blue. Bozooka has good looking tubes or you to go for Cerwin-Vega subwoofers and get custom designed box. Cerwin-Vega Mobile I am very sure you will love the effect that you get from them....

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th June 2008 at 12:00. Reason: Removed Font & Color Tags
Old 11th June 2008, 10:12   #15
BHPian

Quote:

Any idea how much the NoiseKill would cost. I am actually thinking of getting the whole car damped boot,front & rear doors and the floor too. I really hate the rattling which starts right before i have a service pending. Do you know anyone who does a neat job at installing it. I really hate it when they do a lousy job.
I denied installing the tweeters which came with the components, just because they wanted to drill on the A pillar from inside to install it.
Noise Kill retails at Rs 150/Sq ft. The A and B pillars also need to be damped. Pm Blueraven316(Satya) on the forum. He will guide you on the installation part.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks