Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 10:06   #16
BANNED

can this screen be pushed inside when not in use . you can make a manual mechanism so that it can be put in place when not in use .this manual mechanism can be simple and you can also acces the switches behind the screen
Old 21st June 2008, 10:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
can this screen be pushed inside when not in use . you can make a manual mechanism so that it can be put in place when not in use .this manual mechanism can be simple and you can also acces the switches behind the screen
Not possible as of now.

But yes with some mechanism it can be done..
Old 21st June 2008, 11:38   #18
BANNED

i have an idea in my mind you can try it . first tell me is there enough space in the dash to accumulate the lcd .
Old 22nd June 2008, 11:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
i have an idea in my mind you can try it . first tell me is there enough space in the dash to accumulate the lcd .
Yes there is space to accumulate the lcd
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:01   #20
BANNED

you have designed a good mechanism but it will be difficult to implement cd rom eject mechanism can be used but i doubt that will it be able to push the screen outside as screen will be a bit heavy.you can use vcr ejecting mechanism instead of it as it can bear the weight.

according to your design you want that the string will be pulled when screen is 50% out this is problem as if the screen is pulled backward there may be problem in ejection of screen. mechanism should be designed so that first the screen is slide out after that adjusted .

i dont know much about electronic adjustable mirror but a mechanism similar to that can be made so that screen is adjusted in way which is needed with a button.

i have an idea but i am trying to implement it diagramatically in correct way may i will be able to post it by tommorrow
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:10   #21
BHPian

Harry,

i didnt really give importance to the sliding mechanism as the screen will not be used for more than a month. i will be selling the car. The next car will have my carPC back.

I am looking forward for your post about your implementation.
Old 23rd June 2008, 09:43   #22
BANNED

this is side view of the mechanism .
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: 8 year old LCD in esteem (with some pics)-lcd-dash.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2008, 09:55   #23
BANNED

the slider may be used similar to that used in sliding drawers and the rollers are attached to the both side of lcd using semi grooved screws so that screen can freely move .

rollers can be slide forward using cd rom eject mecahnism as it will push the roller forward hence moving screen outside.i am also posting front view of the mechanism and will post mechanism for adjustment tommorow as working on it.

i am trying to get a cheaper mechanism from things available easily plz point out where am wrong
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: 8 year old LCD in esteem (with some pics)-lcd-daish.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2008, 10:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
the slider may be used similar to that used in sliding drawers and the rollers are attached to the both side of lcd using semi grooved screws so that screen can freely move .

rollers can be slide forward using cd rom eject mecahnism as it will push the roller forward hence moving screen outside.i am also posting front view of the mechanism and will post mechanism for adjustment tommorow as working on it.

i am trying to get a cheaper mechanism from things available easily plz point out where am wrong
Question no 1: How does the screen lift up after it is rolled out??

Question no 2: Only the Eject mechanism is used from the cdrom or the cdrom itself??

Because space will be a concern to house the cdrom and lcd inside the DIN.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:23   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Question no 1: How does the screen lift up after it is rolled out??

Question no 2: Only the Eject mechanism is used from the cdrom or the cdrom itself??

Because space will be a concern to house the cdrom and lcd inside the DIN.
ans1 that is what i am working on an actuator can be used but i am trying to use the cheapest thing which can be easily available.for now it can be adjusted manually.

ans2: only the eject mechanism and the plate which will push the roller outside . but there may be problem when inserting lcd back as roller may not roll back also working on that may i be able to come out with some functioning model.

can you plz post side and back view of your lcd

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks