Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Auto Fusion Pricing - Fair?

Hi,

One of my friends had enquired with Auto Fusion, Bangalore for the following system and this was the quote given by them (My friend owns a Swift):

HU - Pioneer - 10000/-
4 JBL Component front speakers - 10000
4 channel Amps - 8000
Sub woofer - 5000
1 Mono amp for sub woofer - 10000
Installation, Damping and wires - 20000

Total cost - 63000.

Just wanted to know, if this was fair enough. To me it seems too extravagant. Also, is there any other good place in bangalore for Car Entertainment systems?...Please do let me know...

Thanks,
Praveen.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Need to know the brands and models.
Just by sayig subwoofer and 5k will not give any basis to compare.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:50   #3
BHPian

Well, here is the price list -

HU - Pioneer DEH-P5850MP
4 JBL Component Speakers - the GT series (not sure about the exact model numbers)
4 Channel amps - JBL - GT series (not sure about the exact model numbers)
Sub Woofer - Again the JBL GT series
1 Mono Amp - CS Series
Installation, Damping - Dynamat, Wires
Old 8th July 2008, 22:08   #4
BHPian

No, it's not a fair price. Stay away from this installer.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:32   #5
BHPian

Any one have any idea about other good installers in bangalore?. Would be really helpful if someone could let me know.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:56   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
hai listen buddy this price which incude 4 doors damping dicky packing subwoofar box complete amp wiring kits for both amps comp sub an the brands used dynamat,efx scosche,the hu is from grey market which carrys one year warranty ,the complete jbl is from official you can check the price we had given the mrp,we offer some discount and the kind of install we do i think no body can do for that price if u get good price its good for u
Old 8th July 2008, 23:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

try gettin him to used noisekill instead of dynamat. should bring down the cost by quite a bit. also dosent the guy from autofusion normally do fibreglass?
Old 8th July 2008, 23:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
HU - Pioneer DEH-P5850MP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thouqeer View Post
the hu is from grey market
A grey market 5850 for 10K?? In what way dude?? The HU is 2 series old now, having been replaced by the 5950, and then the 5050, which is Ipod and USB ready, and that costs around 6xxx Rs. I dunno about the rest of the component prices, but the HU pricing is waaaay too much i feel.

Last edited by JayD : 8th July 2008 at 23:19.
Old 8th July 2008, 23:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

I forsee this turning into some sort of chow-chow baath.

Auto Fusion commands a premium for the simple reason that they pay attention to detail and are also amongst the top of the tops!

Some people goto Barista and pay 10 times the amount for a coffee that you could have at your local Udupi joint?

Is that fair? Yes and No So it all boils down to personal choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Dont pass a judgment so easily sitting so far away.

A professional installer is well within is right to charge 20% of the equipment/kit cost as his 'Fee'. I cant afford that, but it doesnt mean it isn't fair
Old 8th July 2008, 23:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any one have any idea about other good installers in bangalore?. Would be really helpful if someone could let me know.
Auto Fusion is the best installer I have experienced in Bangalore.
They pay attention to detail, have skilled staff. use good quality material and Anwar bhai's tuning gets the best out of your equipments. They are also great in fiber glass installations.

As Souljah has rightly put, quality comes at a price. It is upto you to get installation done from the best or a regular one.

Another installer who is recommended in Team-BHP is Blueraven, EVO (Check Tuners database).
Old 9th July 2008, 00:07   #11
BHPian

Auto Fusion quotes high but they do an awesome job and they give discounts too. So end of the day you might just pay around 10-15% premium. The choice is yours whether to pay a little more and get quality work coupled with quality materials or settle with cheap stuff with others. Just search this forum for Anwar and look at some of his work to get convinced.

And our very own team bhp installer Satya is almost as good and charges reasonably less based on the work. I highly recommend that you use the search feature and know about these guys and their work
Old 9th July 2008, 08:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Here we go...

Auto Fusion i.e, Touqheer and Anwar are good at what they do and command a premium for this. Also note that he has given an estimate actual price may differ.
In this industry you get 20 people everyday asking fo a quote, especially people on bikes looking around every store to see where they can save a couple of bucks. If money is the main concern then quality of workmanship and finished product may be compromised.

I know a lot of people who go to these guys and dont even bother asking about the price! They just select what they liek and leave the car for installation. This includes me too.

If you want total satisafaction of sound and quality of install then you have to pay for it.

Even Satya at Evo does good work, check with him. from 63k quoted the price might drop a bit but not that drastically..

Yes, the HU might be expensive but did you notice that at 63k he is also doing the complete wiring, damping, and installation ?

So to actually compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges ask him for a break down of pricing. The installation, the wiring, the damping and the audio products. This will make it easier for you to comprehend as well as give a clearer picture to others.

Cheers
iceman91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2008, 09:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
A professional installer is well within is right to charge 20% of the equipment/kit cost as his 'Fee'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
As Souljah has rightly put, quality comes at a price. It is upto you to get installation done from the best or a regular one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Here we go...
Auto Fusion i.e, Touqheer and Anwar are good at what they do and command a premium for this.
Quote:
Installation, Damping and wires - 20000
You people mean to say that for all the equipment/kit i buy from professional installer i must pay 20% premium as well as Installation charges also..
Old 9th July 2008, 09:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

His fee is the installation charges.
Old 9th July 2008, 09:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
You people mean to say that for all the equipment/kit i buy from professional installer i must pay 20% premium as well as Installation charges also..
Please read what has been posted THOROUGHLY.

I said that a professional installer has the right to set his fee @ 20 - 25% of the equipment cost.

Nobody said that a customer has to pay 20% + Installation fees.

Remember the quotation of 20000/- includes damping(dynamat) & wiring.

In my setup (semi DIY) :
Damping - Rs9000
Scosche Wiring kit (1) + 1 RCA - Rs 3750

Those were the MRP's. Dynamat is much costlier also the particular install in question above has a 4 channel + Mono which means double the wiring.

Its simple really if one takes time to go through the ICE section and gather information.

P.S : Here's a secret, the Search function is your friend

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks