Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 17:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
The minute you put "Billo Rani" you lost your privilege to own an Alpine!!! haha..
Arey bhai, Hum to bihar ka hoon, wahan yahi sab chalta hai. burbak hain hum maante hain, par set achha laga kharid liya (I am natively from Bihar, its the stuff that is liked by there. I understand that I am stupid, but couldnt help buying the set looking at it)

Lucky me, that I didnt click photos where some Bhojpuri Folk songs were being played on the unit, other wise I would have lost the privilege of being on this forum too.

But truly speaking the HU didnt mind or complain about any song being played on it.

** No hard feelings for anyone
Old 18th July 2008, 19:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
... Lucky me, that I didnt click photos where some Bhojpuri Folk songs were being played on the unit, other wise I would have lost the privilege of being on this forum too.

But truly speaking the HU didnt mind or complain about any song being played on it. ...
@mishraak, you don't have to feel embarrassed about your heritage - we abhor ANY such prejudices on TBHP. 'Sophistication', modernity and quality is not limited to only a certain kind of music or equipment.
Old 18th July 2008, 20:14   #18

Pxa-h100

It is good to see your trials with Alpine HUs. I installed 9886 in my Getz and it is working fine. It is nice to deal with you. Can you just tell us how to go about ordering through e-bay and shipping to india without duties.

When you are planning for PXA-H100, can you inform me. In case i can order along with you.

Ganny
Old 18th July 2008, 20:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
Arey bhai, Hum to bihar ka hoon, wahan yahi sab chalta hai. burbak hain hum maante hain, par set achha laga kharid liya

If anyone has reason to complain, it should be me. Some folks here picture me astride a cow, with two speakers dangling on either side. They dont even care what my lineage/ heritage, whatever that is

But I can assure you that this forum and all the members will never display any sort of personal prejudice based on such factors.
Old 18th July 2008, 20:39   #20
BHPian

Mishraji, I won't be embarrassed if someone caught me listening to the heartthrob of rural Punjab Miss Pooja (in her squeaky voice)! You were still listening to a decent song with catchy beats
Old 18th July 2008, 21:12   #21
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Mishraji, I won't be embarrassed if someone caught me listening to the heartthrob of rural Punjab Miss Pooja (in her squeaky voice)! You were still listening to a decent song with catchy beats
LOL Miss Pooja ! Man that lady rocks. Although the lyrics of the songs she sings, suck big time but any way, she managed to get the scene kicking.

Old 18th July 2008, 21:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

this is the most awesome HU that i have seen. 15k also seems to be nice tag. enjoy the music. which car are u putting this into? whats the rest of your setup?
Old 18th July 2008, 22:26   #23
BHPian

Guys I have a concern about PXA-H100, either it requires separate 4-ch amp or looping back the output of h100 to HU through aiNet-Aux input.

I dont want to put amp, I wish to avoid un-neccessary wiring as far as possible.
-----------

@amit_mech I wish to put it into my santro. current set up is Blau Mp66, Boschman 6X9, JBL 4inch, pioneer self amplified sub.

The set up is quite good for personal listening and music is clear at near maximum volumes.

Currently I just wish to change the HU only, but never know when my mood swings and i get a PXA-H100 + 4 ch amp but u know its santro( old one), I dont have much space to install. I dont want to install in other than stock locations.

---------
@ganny: You are welcome anytime. Any queries consider me with you. I have good experience with ebay. I have bought many things ranging in computer spares/toys/htc touch/iPhone/alp 9886/alp x100 etc. I dont even remember how many.
Old 19th July 2008, 00:08   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The Alpine logo on the iPod screen - did you have to install anything on the iPod?
Quote:
Picture Block Upload command in AiR mode in Apple Accessory Protocol. 9887 talks AAP with iPod via KCA422i (Serial Tx/Rx, 19200 baud, ASCII based command-response protocol).
You stole the words out of my mouth :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Some folks here picture me astride a cow, with two speakers dangling on either side.
B&T, the udders are under the cow not on the sides. Wonder what sort of cow Bhagwan palmed of on you! :-)
Old 19th July 2008, 11:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! So what kind of music should one listen to, to be worthy of the privilege of owning an Alpine, @vebmetal?
Quote:
@mishraak, you don't have to feel embarrassed about your heritage - we abhor ANY such prejudices on TBHP. 'Sophistication', modernity and quality is not limited to only a certain kind of music or equipment.
DerAlte, you are not serious enough. It is my request to you to please take things more seriously. Especially Jokes. They are not a laughing matter.

@mishrakk, in my personal and very humble opinion, bhojpuri folk music would rate higher on the respectability meter than Billo Rani !!! But then again, I abhor Bollywood, whether it's music is played on an Alpine, or Sony "Explode" or by the one-string wailing instrument which sells for thirty rupees at Dilli Haat.

Also, could you tell us which seller it was on ebay? Maybe he has some more interesting stuff for the rest of us. You seem to have had a good experience with him.
Old 19th July 2008, 13:52   #26
BHPian

ebay seller

The id of seller is new-value.

Some tips about shopping international on eBay

Prefer ebay australia site eBay.com.au if you wish to purchase HUs. They mostly have versions that are supported in India.

Prior to bidding just check seller's feed back profile, I have had a bitter experience with a seller a few days back. I bought Alpine ida-X100 from an american seller who didnt have the product in stock and kept on giving me "golies". Then after twenty days I threatened to report the matter to eBay then he apologised, gave USD20 store credit and refunded the entire amount. I bought the current HU from the othe sellor there after.

Donot bid/buy blindly, check if the seller can ship to your location.

Dont bid on any auction that has payment methods other than PayPal. even on paypal you have option of creating a account where in your card number and relevant details are captured and u pay using user id password.

In case seller says paypal but at the time of check out takes you to some other site like vendio, andale, google etc. do not pay, insist on paypal. this is in your security because paypal is a subsidiary of ebay and will not release the payment to the sellor until you have acknowledged the receipt.

To avoid customs duty ask seller to mark the invoice for lessor value, sellers are cooperative and they will do so.

Also ask the sellor to ship the package by DHL/TNT/FedEx or other professional services, charges may be higher but they deliver bang on target in 3-4 days max.

EMS/USPS etc should be avoided as they take undue long and you cannot hold anybody accountable. My iphone was sent thru USPS, package reached india in two days and after taht it took 20 days for postal department to department (i had paid for "express" services)

Prior to bidding/buying contact the sellor thru appropriate link to clear all your doubts.

Ebay is a very safe market place if we are careful. The support is very sharp and stringent and a single genuine complaint can send seller out of business on eBay.

If any body of us has any other doubts I am willing to help.
Old 20th July 2008, 20:55   #27
BHPian

Installed...

Today I have installed the HU in my santro. took around 1 hr to get every thing going.

COming to the big thing

set up: boschman 6X9, JBL 4 inch, pioneer boxed amplified sub, 30gb video ipod.

HU settings:

subwoofer level: +10
bass level: +4
Treble: +7
HPF: 120Hz

I went out for a long drive the sound quality is superb, I had a bhajan with some good quality beats that is 42 min long. I played at near 75% volume, no hiss, crackling and didnt give any headache.

Sound is filling, it doesnt sound hollow. FM quality is just a bit more than average. The HU is meant for ipod and i enjoyed every bit of the music played through it.

Total "paisa vasool"
Attached Thumbnails
Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00472.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00473.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00474.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00475.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00476.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00477.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00478.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00479.jpg  

Installed Alpine ida-X100-dsc00480.jpg  

Old 20th July 2008, 23:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

hey man!! something is tempting me now. but no god no. my pio is very new and i shouldnt change it for any damn reason
Old 7th October 2008, 15:54   #29
BHPian

wow,looks great !!

Congrats
Old 7th October 2008, 17:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

The HU does look quite well made and beatiful
Alpine does make good products.

Do you have a ported box or a sealed one
How about the pics of the other setup like the 6 x 9 , 4 inches and the sub etc.

What matters the most is even if you get an install worth 10000 bucks or may it be 10,00,000 bucks , it should suit your ears and please you

The thing which pleases you is the best for you no matter how low the cost of the system be or how low the rating may be.

Proper wiring is pretty important in a good Install.

Any damping done , have heard that Santro requires it.

Most Viewed