Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:31   #16
BHPian

Door vibration in verna

Hi DerAlte,
Thanks for your valueable suggestions. But, DiY is a little bit difficult for me. Can anybody give a Idea where I can do this in Kolkata?

Also what is a damping sheet, how it fits into the door pad? I have never seen it.

Regards
------------
Bhatmaster
Old 22nd August 2008, 20:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Get together with the Kolkata TBHPians (check the meet threads under Shifting Gears). You can get an idea from them what can be done and where in Kolkata.

Damping sheets are thin heavy sheets of rubber-based material, which come with adhesive on one side for sticking. This is stuck on the inside of the door pad. Stuck on the outermost metal of the door from inside, it reduces road noise and self-resonance.
Old 22nd August 2008, 21:19   #18
BHPian

You could switch over & listen to some bhajans ..... dude get the signals from your car & system .... they want you to be more DHARMIC ) heheheheh j.k

The player plays these CDs perfectly: Asha Bhonsle Audiobiography MP3 by UMI, Jagjit Singh MP3 by Saregama, Pink Floyd Original Audio CD..... And another CD of 70s Rock Music I burnt using Windows XP earlier in life (purely for back-up purposes)
Old 22nd August 2008, 23:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Have you installed the front speakers with spacer rings?

The vibration may be because of improper installation of front speakers. An accessory shop had installed 4.5" speakers in 6.5" slot of my getz by cutting the plastic provided on stock location. They even managed to get some rattling out of boot of a brand new car.

I would recommend to check the installation at a recommended place.
Old 23rd August 2008, 01:02   #20
BHPian

Vibration In front door in Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Have you installed the front speakers with spacer rings?
Initially during the installation, they were not ready to put the Spacer Rings as it did not come with the speaker set. Then I insited to put the rings and managed them to get a pair for it. But, during the final installation, I was not there before my car and when I came back , door pad is closed. So, I had to trust that they have put the spacer ring in place.
But, is there any quality of spacer ring or anything will do? In that case I can afford to change to a better spacer ring if it reduces the vibration.

Regards
------------
Bhatmaster

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks