Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 13:45   #16
BANNED

Panky bhai, what's the trade secret in revealing some good installers in Free da bad?
I really don't get it.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Panky bhai, what's the trade secret in revealing some good installers in Free da bad?
I really don't get it.
Just pulling leg zak bhai!
Old 10th August 2008, 15:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

While browsing the JBL catalog at the shop i noticed 607c was in 2007 catalog and in 2008 one there is one 608C MRP is 5995 as far as i remember so dealer should give for less then this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
JBL: GTO 607c

Blaupunkt: THc 662
Old 10th August 2008, 23:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
im not a big fan of tweeters and i mostly am interested in mid range vocals and instrumental sound so iv decided to buy a mid range pair of speakers, now my query is what options do i have, whether i should buy a component speaker setup or what
Makanaka (funny screen name you got there) - thankfully you have landed in the right place. You have got this wonderful forum and gurus. I am a follower of this forum, particularly ICE section and let me tell you something based on my experience. Don't feel offended with some of my lines, but try to get what this forum is all about. First of all, your install was not perfect. Many of the local car dealers install ICE in the same worst way. Sub + big ovals at back and a pair of worst quality 'chil chil' metallic sounding tweeters at front. No sound stage et all, but all you hear is lot of booming 'low quality' bass and some 'chil chil from front. Last week one of my close friend came to me for suggestions and he also got similar kind of recommendations from some dealers. My answer was my car. The sound stage should be at front as we hear any music (cinema, TV, music system, concert hall etc). You are the driver and the sound stage should point you first and foremost. If you have someone else as a co-driver, he/she also sit at front. Rear passengers wont be there all the time for most of us.

Swift is a good car to ICE. It has beautiful stock locations and good speaker size support. It support direct 6.5" speakers at door locations. And as you mentioned, a tweeter is not a bad idea, but you need a good pair of tweeters (not the metallic "chill chil" sounding ones) to complete the music. So,throw all kind of these thoughts from mind, hear some good setups and see whether you really like it (which I am sure). For me (and most of the ICE guys here) it is the front sound stage and to get that, the best way is an amplified front component set. For swift, it is 6.5" mid bass + tweeters through cross overs. Like many pointed out, JBL 607, Illusion Electras, Bull Audio etc are good comps at 5-6K range.

Now, at rear, use good pair of co-axials. Rear work as just fills and doesn't really need comps. Your existing 6x9s can be used, but Swift having good door locations, a good 6.5" round co-ax at door will be good and soothing. Last but not least a good 12" sub in a sealed box, again powered by a decent 250 RMS (min) amp. Get into a swift with above setup, close your eyes and enjoy some of your fav songs. You will be a fan of this great ICE setup and this forum forever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks