Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 23:16   #1
BHPian

List Button Wouldn't Show Album In Alphabetical Order In Pioneer 5050,6050.

Hi!! Bhpians!! I recently bought pioneer 5050 and 6050. 6050 plays in my car and the other one in my friend's. The problem which i'm actually facing is the list button. It is supposed to show album in albhabetical order but isn't doing what it should do. both the headunit's aren't showing songs in alphabetical order. so,the question rises up, how to make this list button work at its best? how will i be able to see albums in alphabetical order? please help me out to get rid of this problem. your help will be appreciated. Thanks.
~FeelTheBass~
Old 12th September 2008, 11:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum bro. Let us see what inputs we will get here.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Welcome to the forum bro. Let us see what inputs we will get here.
Thanks Paaji. I'm sure ICE-GURU'S will get rid of my problem.
Old 12th September 2008, 17:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

You two Freedabaadis dont seem to be upto any good. Good thing I'm no guru.
Old 13th September 2008, 17:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You two Freedabaadis dont seem to be upto any good. Good thing I'm no guru.
Hello, Well if you ask me i would say, Yes!!
Old 13th September 2008, 17:46   #6
BHPian

Hi!! Bhpians, Ice-Freaks!! I'm still waiting for your inputs.
I don't even know if this is actually happening with me only.
Old 13th September 2008, 18:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

I'm guessing that the head unit must be using some information from the ID tag of the music file rather than sorting it based on the file name. To check this out, just write 2 tracks on the USB device. One with say file name A.mp3 and other with file name Z. mp3. Then manually edit the ID tag of the mp3 file so that all the tag details of file A read as "Z", and file Z read as "A". Artist, track name, date etc, everything. Plug it into the head unit and see what comes first.
Old 13th September 2008, 18:33   #8
BHPian

are you using iTunes to burn your mp3 cd's?

default sorting is done and tracks numbered in the playlist to be burned as you add them. just sort by track name or album name before burning the cd and the folders will be created accordingly by iTunes.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:46   #9
BHPian

Hi! Ajay Sir, thanks for the help Guruji. I'll try this thing out and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
are you using iTunes to burn your mp3 cd's?

default sorting is done and tracks numbered in the playlist to be burned as you add them. just sort by track name or album name before burning the cd and the folders will be created accordingly by iTunes.
No, Rev bro. i hardly use mp3 cd's. I've always been used to use my 4GB kingston USB. So,at the moment using 1,
Doesn't matter if it helped me or not, but i gained something for sure. Thanks Sir.
Old 14th September 2008, 19:09   #10
BHPian

Well to the woe I call Pioneer. Somewhere deep within Pioneer works a really stupid person who has totally ruined certain things about otherwise great HUs. One of them is this. While one would think that the LIST button should display files and folders alphabetically, in actuality it does not. The parameter it uses to sort files/folders is the time/date that the mp3 was put on the pen-drive. So if you put the "A" folder after the "B" folder, tough luck.

It sucks - I haven't been able to figure out a solution. (You can search for threads started by me in the ICE section for more reading). So I have resolved myself to dealing with it, till I replace the HU for either a Kenwood BT HU,the Parrot RK8200, or a carputer.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Well to the woe I call Pioneer. Somewhere deep within Pioneer works a really stupid person who has totally ruined certain things about otherwise great HUs. One of them is this. While one would think that the LIST button should display files and folders alphabetically, in actuality it does not. The parameter it uses to sort files/folders is the time/date that the mp3 was put on the pen-drive. So if you put the "A" folder after the "B" folder, tough luck.

It sucks - I haven't been able to figure out a solution. (You can search for threads started by me in the ICE section for more reading). So I have resolved myself to dealing with it, till I replace the HU for either a Kenwood BT HU,the Parrot RK8200, or a carputer.
I totally agree with vebmetal.I actually tried this thing out Ajay Sir. I downloaded 2 songs in my 4gb Kingston, plugged in the usb to my 5050.
It (pio 5050) indeed uses such parameter to sort files i.e. time/date when the song was put in the USB.
Old 17th September 2008, 00:56   #12
BHPian

I remember there used be a small software utility that could change the date/time attribute of a bunch of files at one shot. I remember this was used in one of the software companies I had worked many years ago to 'backdate' file creation.

It might be a solution to set all files to the same date/time and then they get alphabetically listed?
Old 17th September 2008, 15:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
I remember there used be a small software utility that could change the date/time attribute of a bunch of files at one shot. I remember this was used in one of the software companies I had worked many years ago to 'backdate' file creation.

It might be a solution to set all files to the same date/time and then they get alphabetically listed?
Hi! Glass!! it would be so nice if you name it to all of us who are facing the problem with the "List" button. You would be of great help. Awaiting reply from your side!! Thanks!!
Old 17th September 2008, 17:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post

Brilliant!! Now how come i didnt think of this before It would be great if you can remember the software name. Meanwhile i'll google around and will let you all know if i find anything worthwhile
Old 17th September 2008, 19:15   #15
BHPian

touch command

I do not know whether this will help in solving the problem.

There is a touch command in unix/linux OS which can be used to update the access time of the files at one shot. The following links gives the command help page.

Commands Reference, Volume 5 - touch Command

This command is also available in Windows OS (if you have mksnt installed)

So let me expalin how to do this.

For instance, you have copied all the songs into the pen drive.

Before running the command, the folder listing shows as follows

Sep 17 19:05 sub_folder
Sep 17 19:05 Sample2.txt
Sep 17 19:05 Sample1.txt

cmd> touch *

After running the command, the folder listing shows as follows
Sep 17 19:13 sub_folder
Sep 17 19:13 Sample2.txt
Sep 17 19:13 Sample1.txt

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com