Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2005, 14:51   #1

Music System Upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade the system too, have got an ikon with Blaupunkt - Montreal HU & 693GTX (175watt X 2 rms ) speakers
with standard 45 watt oem speakers in front doors. I've got some Qs

How much will the Alpine HU 9833/9830 cost me ?

I'm thinking of going in for Pioneer TS-D690R shelf speakers (I really love the look of it) , how do the 690R (2-way 330 watts> 4.5K) compare to the Pioneer 6990S (5-way 400 watts > 3K) ?

Will be getting a Pioneer 800watt (about 3k) Subwoofer along with a Sony Amp (4.5k)

What do u think about the config, could u suggest something better ??
Old 27th March 2005, 13:03   #2

Would be gr8 if someone replied !
Old 27th March 2005, 15:02   #3
BANNED

i have no idea about alpine so wont tell u anything about it. the woofer and amp combo is good though if u can afford a bass tube go for it. i have the same combo u are looking for. the speakers both are good. the yellow looks good but i have heard mixed stuff about them and the 2005 series im not sure if they are out here yet
Old 27th March 2005, 17:35   #4
BHPian

hey buddy just go in for the 9833 head unit i just installed it for someone...it should cost you around 20 k for the head unit..and use a alpine mono block amp to drive the subwoofer...and buy a polk momo sub woofer and polk momo rear speakers and the front speakers you can use the alpine 100 w speakers...to drive the set of speakers use a blaupunkt 440w amp...pioneer is out of the scene buddy..the quality of alpine and polk mom cant be matched with anything else...pioneer sounds like a baby crying in front of this setup...hehe cheers...! if you need to get it installed from me just pm me...for any details cheers...!
Old 27th March 2005, 18:11   #5
BANNED

what is so special about the alpine headunit. dragger post the prices as well to all the speakers amp and woofer so we can compare too. as yet i dont know whats the budget for this fellow.
Old 28th March 2005, 01:43   #6
Team-BHP Support

i have been using alpine since the 80s. from the 7284-7385 to the 9830-9833. why do i buy alpine.

1. my 1st stereo was an alpine. it has outlasted 3 pioneers, 2 blaupunkts, and a sony.
2. my second alpine (7385) was bought in 1987. it has survived a drop from 20 ft and still works.

in any case whichever headunit you get the best VFM set up is the foll.
HU + 4 channel amp + sub amp + compoents speakers for front and rear and a sub.

alpine i like becuase you dont need to mess with a lot of EQ settings. program 2 settings (semi-parametric) one for CD and the other for FM and you are done. alpine is a bit more expensive than many other brands. and they dont come with a lot of lights but my retort to that is if you want lights please buy a christmas tree.

connect the sub out to the sub amp (preferably with atleast 0.5F of stiffening) and the front and rear out to the 4 channel amp (preferably one with a HP filter).

another thing I am not a fan of coaxials unless the budget wont allow components. today you can get decent components speakers for the price of some expensive coaxials. blaupunkt, alpine, and jbl make some that are not unaffordable.

lastly try before you buy. my stereo shop will let me install a speaker or amp or sub and listen to it before paying for it. this way i know how it sounds in my car, with my ears, with my music, with my existing equipment.

BTW invest in a real MDF or marine ply deck and some nice wires and fuse blocks too. You can get crazy and have a custom deck moulded out of resin bonded fiberglass reinforced with nylon/plastic/steel rods but that is usually reserved for the competition systems.

enjoy. hope this helps.
Old 28th March 2005, 23:35   #7

Thnx for replying guys !

Anyway i think 20K would be too much just for the hu, will prob get the Pioneer 5650/5750. I've got a budget of ard 20K for the whole system.Which front door speakers would u suggest , cause sometimes it gets too loud for the guys in the backseat even with the current setup, wheras i can hardly hear it up front.

Hey GTO can i have some feedback on the 690R that u've got in ur VTEC ?
Old 29th March 2005, 11:05   #8
Team-BHP Support

XF, most systems have a fader that allow you to compensate for this. most amps have sens. controls. between these 2 controls you should manage to set levels anyway you want.
Old 30th March 2005, 22:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

try gettin the double din system...it'll look real nice.....i don't think the pioneer sub will hav a food effect. Go for a kicker or atleast the sony xplod sub
Old 30th March 2005, 22:43   #10
BHPian

Dont go for a free air sub. they just dont have the punch. get a sealed or better ported one. I got a bass tube from blau in my GTX. it really rocks eventough its just 100w (10")

bigger size doesnt always mean better bass. Go for a sealed or ported one from boston acoustics or polk. They should fit your budget i think.
Old 30th March 2005, 23:04   #11
Team-BHP Support

2 subs that are compact and affordable.
Kenwood's WooX/SW1 and Blau's VX 6.5 (tube). these are 6.5" woofers but if u use 2 of them you should get enough bass. Blau's tubes are passive so you'd need an amp too.

BTW anyone knows if MTX is available in Mumbai. I am looking for their Thunderforms.

Another thing. Can one buy Infinity subs (spec. basslink T) in Mumbai? The Basslink is about the cost of 2 kenwood SW1s or 3 Blau VX6.5 tubes but should deliver more bass for the buck.

based on the T/S parameters one can get resonable in car response from a free air sub if one builds a box around it.

at 20K i'd look at 6K for the HU. 6K for the rear and front speakers. and 8K for a powered sub. follow this link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...6&page=1&pp=15
Old 31st March 2005, 00:35   #12
BHPian

Infinity is noe officially available in mumbai at lamington road with the JBL dealer but if he does not have it let me know i know another fellow ho had done some really good work with infinity speakers but will have to contact him wether he can get the.
Old 31st March 2005, 00:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey ive heard that name before...infinity.was wondering are they really good how good is the bass because all i want in my lancer is bass
Old 31st March 2005, 12:07   #14
BANNED

i just found out the prices on alpine damn base models sell 10k onwards which is way too high. weird how they sell here.
Old 31st March 2005, 12:44   #15
Team-BHP Support

alpine is OEM on skoda and honda (ateast my nephew's CVT and my RS came with alpine).

the infinity dealer has not even heard of the basslink T! he acted like he had though :-) ha ha ha. his eyes told the true story.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks