Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 16:06   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
You could think of the Pioneer GM-5300T, which should cost you about 7-8K.
GM-5300T
It gives 380W@4ohms... thats equivalent to a mono. So output-wise what will be the difference between GM-5300T and a mono with similar output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Tubes are quite boomy and sub boxes provide a more tighter punch and is more enjoyable.

Also, the difference is quite simple, do you want to show-off to people outside the car or you want to enjoy the tight bass inside the car. ( tube for outside show and box for inside pleasure).

My personal recommendation is a sub-box, Take your pick!
Yes me too going for a sub-box. I just needed a confirmation from the experts!!

Could you suggest me a good 4-channel amp. I have a Pioneer TS-C160R compos in the front and TS-D690R (6 X 9) in the rear.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2avg View Post
So output-wise what will be the difference between GM-5300T and a mono with similar output?
Theoretically, bridging 2 channels will introduce some noise & a D-class (but not an AB class) mono will put a little less strain on the battery. I am sure the Gurus will help point out more pros & cons.
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
well firstly if you are happy with ur front speakers no need to change them at all.Your priority shoud be a better mono amp which will certainly make a lot of difference.Your choices are-
1.JBL 3001-Rs 10k approx(175w at 4ohm)
2.JBL 3501 13k approx(225w at 4ohm)
At last.... I got myself a JBL GTO3501 mono amp!! I had to up my budget but the result(s) is (are) too good. The JBL GT5 1204BR sub is sounding completely different than with a 2-channel amp earlier.

The remote level controller that comes with this mono amp doesn't seem that effective or useful though. But the thump is really awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

And a 2 channel amp for 4 speakers?
Actually Abhinav, I wasn't aware of this before, but the 2-channel amp is powering only the front components while the rear speakers are directly connected to the HU (Pioneer DEH-7650MP) which has 50 watt X 2 output. Ad to this the sub at the rear and the sound is sufficient enough for me

So thanks to DjNik, flipsyde, abhinav, nura, mobike008 whose inputs helped me in deciding (and understanding) my ICE setup.

As always I am still open for further suggestions!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks