Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 14:46   #46
Team-BHP Support

shouldn't the spare wheel be inside the wheel well?
Old 11th February 2009, 14:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
shouldn't the spare wheel be inside the wheel well?
The Toroidal LPG Tank has taken its place there !!... else i would not be facing this problem at all !! How I wish I had a boot as large as a sedan and a car as small as a Hatch to fit in parkings !!
Old 11th February 2009, 17:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy, this is really a situation! The spare wheel looks too big even to think of making it lie flat - in which case the sub tube could have been kept on top of it and strapped to it with velcro straps.

One possible solution is to
* remove the ovals and the parcel shelf (you have a sub - LPF it higher, say at 120Hz; the ovals would not be needed for the lows)
* put round coaxes on the rear doors for rear filll
* make the sub tube stand vertically on one side in a way that there is space below it for the port to function

Another solution: keep the spare wheel at home, and keep an electrical air pump in the car. This way, if and when you get a flat (Lord forbid) you could pump the tyre enough to reach a "pancher shop" or home, till you can replace the tyre! Snake should die, stick also not breaks.

Last edited by DerAlte : 11th February 2009 at 17:33.
Old 12th February 2009, 09:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Oh boy, this is really a situation! The spare wheel looks too big even to think of making it lie flat - in which case the sub tube could have been kept on top of it and strapped to it with velcro straps.

One possible solution is to
* remove the ovals and the parcel shelf (you have a sub - LPF it higher, say at 120Hz; the ovals would not be needed for the lows)
* put round coaxes on the rear doors for rear filll
* make the sub tube stand vertically on one side in a way that there is space below it for the port to function

Another solution: keep the spare wheel at home, and keep an electrical air pump in the car. This way, if and when you get a flat (Lord forbid) you could pump the tyre enough to reach a "pancher shop" or home, till you can replace the tyre! Snake should die, stick also not breaks.
I hav a portable foot pump which was bought for bike.. its in the car now, and BTW, yesterday in jayanagar i saw a readymade MDF subwoofer box and picked it up for 900 bucks.. that guy removed the sub from the tube and fixed it onto the box.. this box is atleast better than the tube.. in a way it doesnt rub against anything, sits in place properly, alloys a little more space for the wheel !! I feel a little drop in the bass though but cant help it, I wanted it to be a snug fit and it is !!

My only question now is "what side should the sub face ??' the port and the sub are on the same side which has a 40 deg slope i believe !!
Now I have the sub facing the Left side wall ( strut) .. which side should it face to get the optimum output ??

Also the guy suggested me to get an MDF parcel tray to fit the ovaks.. he said thee tray comes with an elevated enclosure to mount the speakers, thus making more space in the boot (interesting ) ! he said the speaker output will be better and more focussed (again 45 deg slope towards the listeners) .. is it really good ?? it retails for abt 900 to 1000 bucks !! worth it ??
Old 12th February 2009, 13:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

Rear - towards the hatch. Search the ICE section - there is a thread in which this has been debated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks