Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 20:34   #1
BHPian

Where to mount amps,Safari?

Hi,

I'm planning to put 2 amps in my Safari, a DLS A6 and Genesis profile 4, I can't decide on where to mount these bad boys, initially i wanted to put them under the front seats, the DLS in a little to large to squeeze under and needs a lot of cooling as i will be running at 1ohm, the second problem with the DLS is that the fan is underneath the amp and therefore needs to be raised on stands or be mounted on a sheet of mdf/ply with a hole cut in the sheet. Please give me some idea's.

Thanks,

Stefan
Old 10th December 2008, 00:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

you can get rid of the right side jump seat at back and mount both these amps on a MDF sheet there.
Old 10th December 2008, 20:06   #3
BHPian

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, trouble is that it is a battle with the family, they all want to keep both the jump seats, haven't used them as yet though, only tested them, definatly only enough room for one adult in the back in my opinion, will have to turn on extra charm with the folks!
Anyone got any other ideas?

Regards,

Stefan
Old 10th December 2008, 21:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Under the front seats. Check the pix
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ice-beast.html

Else behind the jump seats.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
you can get rid of the right side jump seat at back and mount both these amps on a MDF sheet there.
Excatly what i was about to say, have seen some cars where this is done, and it looks neat!
Old 12th December 2008, 14:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Under the front seats. Check the pix
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ice-beast.html

Else behind the jump seats.
I think i'll whip out the passenger seat tomorrow, see if I can mount the dls under, definatly going to be tight and the dls can't be mounted upside down.
Whilst lookang at your thread JK, i noticed no one has mounted front woofers onto the door metal, i have put mine currently on the door card(6.5") but am intending to mount them on mdf rings which i will fix to the door skin, they sound rubbish on the the door card. first attempt i will make angled mdf mounts to match the door card will have to do a bit of cutting of the door card to allow for the depth of the speaker for clearance of the window, this should give a more solid sound and still allow the Safari grills to remain, as i would prefer a stealthy install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Excatly what i was about to say, have seen some cars where this is done, and it looks neat!
Yes this would be plan B, but as i mentioned above, i would prefer a degree of stealth.
Old 18th December 2008, 20:02   #7
BHPian

Ok, quik update, I managed to squeeze one amp under each seat, currently one DLS A6 for the 2 hertz HX250D subs has been installed, really rocking the boat, and i have put a Genesis profile 2 to power the front compo's sounding good, just need to mod the doors to get some mid bass, coming soon.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks