Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 04:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bull hits my ZEN and music started flowing.

Hey all

after posting up the topic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...er-5050-a.html

i was all set for the JBL for my car. but after going to GYRO found that they were higher then what i wanted to spend on.

then after checking and also as per old threads i wanted to go for the HERTZ. they were real small speakers i though that i am sure they would be better than having the stupid BIRCO dei speaker. though they dont wound bad at all when you compare 6000 Gandhies and 500 Gandhies that includes the box and all.

i was so surprised to see the way the HERTZ were going to be mounted they would have left a lot of space on the sides to let all the air to escape to not to create a enclosure kinda thing. i was not happy to see that. now the HERTZ were coming for almost 3500.

i went into a small thinking mode when the BULL hit my mind and then it hit real hard into my ZEN.

and there we had The BULL AUDIO COMPONENTS CS 650.75.

the installation took around 1 hour. where two MDF rings were fitted in and the wiring was sorted out. they sound nice but the main issue that i am facing now is the door pannels are making sound.

please suggest what to do regarding this

PICS would be posted soon

Thanks a lot every one for suggesting
Thanks Abhimanyu at GYRO delhi
Thanks my self for not being miser and not buying a HERTZ
Old 5th February 2009, 04:28   #2
BANNED

Congrats.
Bull speakers are good VFM and sounds very good for the price.

Get your doorpads damped. Contact the same installer or anybody who can do good damping job.
Old 5th February 2009, 05:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey man,

Congrats. I knew it the moment I read your other post.

Unlike others, you've started your ICEberg small - but take it from me, the ICEberg will grow

If you'd auditioned Arush's corolla, you'd already be saving up for the rest of http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-opinions.html

PS: Can you share more about the Hertz bit? I've heard Hertz in a couple of friends' rides and it sounds just fine! Couldn't grasp the mounting bit. and the price is 3500 bucks for hertz components?
PPS: Time for a profile pic upgrade?
Old 5th February 2009, 06:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot PHAMILY MAN.. you are rite i may add on a lil bit more. the main reason of me doing it small is cause i am going to be a PHAMILYMAN like you soon so cant compromise on the storage space in the car
na na actually its not not hertz components it was just tiny coaxials

i think they were these ones
http://www.elettromedia.de/media/pdf...eci/dcx130.pdf

and regarding the AVTAR i think that i like the yamaha and royal enfield more cause thats the real me. though i will load some pics soon on the Grage
Old 5th February 2009, 06:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

The zen on teambhp is just as much real me as the bullet/yam on xbhp

PS: What was your take on JBL 608c components vs the bull? esp since the 608 was right in your budget!
Old 5th February 2009, 07:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Heh! And the funny title award goes to... Congrats man! Some damping would fix the rattles issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
the HERTZ were going to be mounted they would have left a lot of space on the sides to let all the air to escape to not to create a enclosure kinda thing.
I didn't get that either. Were these also 6.5"?
Old 5th February 2009, 07:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

then its not a problem of the hertz speakers itself. its just that they didnt have anything in 6.5" If they did , they too would have worked just fine
besides, you made the right choice. comps > coax anyday!

PS: if you want to fix the rattling cheap, I'd suggest you stick felt to the insides of your door panels as i did . Pics here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1103402-post11.html

Last edited by greenhorn : 5th February 2009 at 07:36.
Old 5th February 2009, 07:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

PS: What was your take on JBL 608c components vs the bull? esp since the 608 was right in your budget!
I havent heard Bull Audio.
Just heard 608C's
didnt like them a bit(even I was planning to get them,now need to dig the pockets a bit more).
Old 5th February 2009, 09:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

how much did the bulls cost you? Heard its selling for 5900 now.
Old 5th February 2009, 23:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Yes man i just love the ZEN that why i looked for it for like 2 months.

i did not listen to the JBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Heh! And the funny title award goes to... Congrats man! Some damping would fix the rattles issue.

I didn't get that either. Were these also 6.5"?
See actually when you mount the speaker 6.5 it closes all the gaps from the sides and that makes it like a enclosure. where as in the herts that were the small speakers that were to be mounted on the stock frame unlike the bull audio. there was alot of space on the side that would have made all the air to escape so no enclosure was formed. i would see if i can make a small illustration of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
then its not a problem of the hertz speakers itself. its just that they didnt have anything in 6.5" If they did , they too would have worked just fine
besides, you made the right choice. comps > coax anyday!

PS: if you want to fix the rattling cheap, I'd suggest you stick felt to the insides of your door panels as i did . Pics here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1103402-post11.html
Ture say the problem was not with the hertz it was that they did not have any thing of the proper size.

Thanks Man thats a great option that you have given me i would be able to save on all the Money that i would have put in to GUNBIR bhajee's pocket . just jokin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I havent heard Bull Audio.
Just heard 608C's
didnt like them a bit(even I was planning to get them,now need to dig the pockets a bit more).
Rite akshay about Not have listen to the Bull Audio i am sure that this would be sorted on this saturday. but you will have to take a bike of the door flaps KHADKING aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
how much did the bulls cost you? Heard its selling for 5900 now.
Yes that what they are but i got a small(Any thing helps) discount.
----------------------------------

Here we have the illlustration. if you under stand what i mean by what i was saying. this is the senario with the small hertz speakers. where at the bull audio we removed the Stock bracket that is still lying under the Pillion seat of my car. and there we have fitted a MDF ring and installed the speaker on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Bull hits my ZEN and music started flowing.-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by desideep : 5th February 2009 at 23:47.
Old 6th February 2009, 01:16   #11

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hey,Well there seems to be some confusion regarding the speakers.
Let me sort it out...
1.The hertz dc130 are 5.25" coaxials and were small for the stock location of the zen.These are priced at Rs.3500 since these are coaxials,not components.
The speaker location in the door has a frame mounted in it to facilitate mounting a 5.25" speaker.But like Desideep has shown in his well drawn illustration,if a speaker is mounted on the frame,it doesn't completely seal the door,hence you need to put 6.5" speakers to have a perfect fit.And yes,i would know since i had a zen myself

@desideep: Like i suggested earlier,try and get some damping done.Else,just bring your car whenever you have time and we can have a look.I suspect its the central locking rods that connect to the actuator,that are rattling.We can probably fix some foam below it so that it doesnt touch the door,in the process saving some money as well.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you are happy with the setup.
Cheers

Abhimanyu
Old 6th February 2009, 03:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

There goes all the details by Abhimanyu. thanks man you saved my bum it was so hard to explain in english :P

actually there seems to be no confusion. it was that the speaks were no fitting according to my liking and thats why we changed it though it was a great serivce and installation.

and regarding bringing it back it could be done. but i have to get a central locking fitted may be will do that and then get the damping done. and i would be off to Punjab for a month any ways so i would not be able to take out enough time.

Thanks

Desi Deep.

PS. Hey Abhimanyu Please see if you can post some pics that you took. cause i would have to dig out my camera from some where to take the pics.
Old 6th February 2009, 06:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

i too had the air leakage problem( not this serious though). this is what i Did
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/824669-post47.html

desideep, you'll have to post the pics yourself. he cant post the pics because tbhp rules say that you can post the pics of only your own ICE

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th February 2009 at 06:09.
Old 6th February 2009, 06:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i too had the air leakage problem( not this serious though). this is what i Did
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/824669-post47.html

desideep, you'll have to post the pics yourself. he cant post the pics because tbhp rules say that you can post the pics of only your own ICE
Thanks a lot actually i was not aware of this rule.
Old 6th February 2009, 07:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i did not listen to the JBL
Yes that what they are but i got a small(Any thing helps) discount.
Since price was your only factor, why didn't you consider JBL 608 < 4K grey?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks