Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 12:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

ICE for Mondeo

Most of the people here know about my Mondeo, let me put out some details.

Its has a JVC Touchscreen HU and company speakers in the doors and all. Also has a RF Monoblock amp with a PUNCH sub.

I had a couple of questions, the setup sounds decent but for a while now I am contemplating getting a 4 channel amp. Or maybe changing the speakers as well. Am really worried about the quality of install as the door panels have never been opened and the last time I did a install on the Swift at a "reputed" place here the quality of install (I put Focal compo's and Alpine amp with a Blaupunkt HU) left a lot to be desired.

What should I do? I am really stressing on quality and have a decent budget. Moreso I dont have the USB cable for the JVC where can I get that from?

Anyone you would reccomend for a Audio Install in Pune?
Old 27th February 2009, 12:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

wazzza quickdraw! yummy mondeo needs some yummy ice. atleast list the budget you intend to keep and the music you listen to :-) will help in suggesting stuff!
Old 27th February 2009, 15:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why not drive down to our very own Hermit.
Bass&Trouble.
For the ipod, you should get it at most accessory shops.

As for speakers, if they are the OE ones, get them changed asap.
For good 4 channel amps, you can look at JBL 1004 , Blaupunkt Gt4 or something.

Do list budget and audition a few setups before finalizing anything.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have not thought about a budget per say. I will save up and buy the ICE. But I have specific tastes regarding brands.

I am not too keen on JBL or Blaupunkt, I dont have anything against it but I want something of audiophile level. Do reference speakers for cars exist

I have Focal speakers in my Swift they are great but at 19k a pair it makes me challenge were they really worth it.

Where is Bass&Trouble located Mumbai?

Shrivatsa keeps going on and on about Illusion and I've heard them in his Baleno and think they are great, but I cant mount the components on the dash like him

Do you think I should change the HU? I have a friend who is looking to dispose off his ICE ill list what he has here so you can reccomend that would be a good option as ill get a good deal + dosti installment options as well!

I've heard the OEM speakers on the Mondeo are of some good company and after hearing them I feel they lack in Midrange clarity and crispness and totally lack any highs (maybe because there are no tweeters)

I listen to mostly Rock (from Oasis to **Metallica** and all the alternative in between) and am a die hard fan of Coldplay as well. After looking at many posts here I am really careful because I feel that there are a lot of cheaters out there to rip you off.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Of Course :
For a good audio quality , i would not suggest JVC.

Illusions are pretty good and they can easily go in the oe space in your door panels.
Give us a budget atleast.

Contact Bass&Trouble through PM for location and suggestion.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:23   #6
BHPian

yes i too think that your tastes are of natural laid down sounds. illusions do their duty best in this parts. Call up ajay and fix up an appointment for your install. he will noise kill your mondeo
Old 27th February 2009, 16:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

You should call Shrivz home for a DIY, just the way he did in his own Baleno ;-)
Anyway, you can PM B&T but atleast list out how much you can spend!
The Illusion Line of speakers comes in 2 flavours, Electra and Carbon. Carbon, as you guessed it are the higher end speakers, and Shrivz has the Electras in his car (which, by no means are entry level)
The Head Unit need not be changed if you are happy with using entry level components like a basic amp and basic speakers. But if you do plan to spend more later and upgrade the speakers and amplifier, then I'd say, you could get a newer head unit then.
If you say you are going to play from the ipod, anyways you will be using the head unit as a mere means of transport to get the music accross to the amps, and hence you dont need a new head unit if you head unit has ipod support, and atleast 2 pre outs (which i think it does)
My suggestion for the amp will vary according to the budget, so please give us some numbers to play with, uncle
Old 27th February 2009, 20:15   #8
BHPian

Did anybody auditioned both Bull compo and Illusion electra compo? If so, please share your experience !
Old 27th February 2009, 23:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Did anybody auditioned both Bull compo and Illusion electra compo? If so, please share your experience !
ME and lot of others including speedzak.

Though i have heard Bull for more than 40 hours and Electra for not more than 40 Mins. But here goes.

Illusion Electra 6.1
Nice set overall. What i liked about them was smooth tweeter but on the same hand the tweet is very very laidback. The midbass level is lacking just like old Hertz Energy components. Vocals are crisp too and highs r pretty laid and mellow down. Everything is smooth and nice set overall.

Though build could have been a bit better considering they cost around 6.5K.

Bull
Now this is a BULL of components. When i first heard them they were around 4.5K. Even JBL costed around 5.5K with B/W.

This is one set that has really impressed me. The midbass is tight & kicks hard, the highs are detailed and vocals are crisp. I like the LOUD setting on the crossover as it suits my tastes better but more loud wont hurt my ears.

What i didn't like about the set was the color RED. I won't mind if they change their name to something else or just name them Rainbow Bullanium Line
Old 28th February 2009, 00:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Abhibh Just asking in who`s car did you listened to the electra`s ?
Old 28th February 2009, 01:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
I agree on the build part. I'd be happy if they're on par with the JBL GTOs.
Old 28th February 2009, 02:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Abhibh Just asking in who`s car did you listened to the electra`s ?
Refer here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/798896-post41.html
Old 28th February 2009, 09:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

I'd say Quickdraw, why not go audition some bulls and some electras. Anyone having bulls in pune/mumbai please stand up. I dunno a lot of people with Bulls. Quickdraw still hasn't listed his budget. Ideally i'd say a Carbons plus gz radioactive amp plus xd-al. That would be somewhere about 65k with prodigious amounts of noisekill. the perfect combination according to me.
Old 28th February 2009, 11:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

dude i just noticed the ad for your mondeo. you have a JVC AVX-800. thats a good unit. in fact, its DVD playing abilities means you can play Audio DVD's. It's like having a huge collection on one disc. DO NOT think of head unit change. Just go with the speaker and amps and you will be a happy man.
cheers!

as far as the ipod for the head unit, you will need an interface adapter for your Head Unit
KSPD100 IPOD CAR STEREO KIT INTERFACE ADAPTER FOR JVC - eBay (item 390027837909 end time Mar-01-09 20:02:47 PST)

here. just mail the people and ask if they ship to india. if they dont, then ill give you another link!
cheers!

PS: will cost about 1700 bucks altogether. Not bad, considering it sells for $50 on Crutchfield

Last edited by frankmehta : 28th February 2009 at 11:59.
Old 28th February 2009, 12:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Better as compared to what product at and around 6.5k? Some objective points, please? Your feedback would be really useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks