Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 11:55   #1
zma
BHPian

i10 stock cd upgrade needed help?

is it possible to upgrade the stock cd in i10 sports with some basetube and some good speakers....the stock speakers are mounded in doors....i have a blaupunkt amp and jbl basetube in another car..i am planing to refit it ti i10 stock cd???Plz help.....
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:08   #2
BHPian

this is not related to your question... but i would suggest a sub-box over basstube. my accent had basetube for couple of years and i recently switched o sub-box. huge difference!! depends on your listening preferences though as far as i know, basstubes aren't much in demand in the market anymore.
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zma View Post
is it possible to upgrade the stock cd in i10 sports with some basetube and some good speakers....the stock speakers are mounded in doors....i have a blaupunkt amp and jbl basetube in another car..i am planing to refit it ti i10 stock cd???Plz help.....
Yes it is possible. The stock unit has a preout through which you can have the amp connected.
Upgrade the front speakers to compos. try JBL, Hertz deici if you are on a budget install!
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:22   #4
zma
BHPian

Thankyou for the reply i was looking for the same answer. coz when i approached one ice store called alphine in kottayam they asked me to check if the hu has pre out..if so it will be easy they said.
And could anyone plz tell what is combo is. and what will be around price for jbl or hertz. even though i havent seen hertz brand in kottayam

if upgraded with the combo by four door speakers will it match with the basetube or i had to use oval speakers in back.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou for the reply i was looking for the same answer. coz when i approached one ice store called alphine in kottayam they asked me to check if the hu has pre out..if so it will be easy they said.
And could anyone plz tell what is combo is. and what will be around price for jbl or hertz. even though i havent seen hertz brand in kottayam

if upgraded with the combo by four door speakers will it match with the basetube or i had to use oval speakers in back.
zma it is "compo's" short form of components. This will have different drivers for mids and highs (2 way )and a cross over.

refer this thread for more information

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...rminology.html

JBL compo's start from 3.5K GT5 S series and around 4.5 to 5K for the GTO series (608 C). Hertz deici should also be around the 4.5 to 5 K.
You can power your components from the HU itself since you dont have two preouts (i presume).

You dont need the xtra rear speakers and can keep the stock ones if you are going to drive the car.
Old 17th April 2009, 07:32   #6
zma
BHPian

Am in little troble

the stock hu has no preout so the technitian prefered to take out from the ic(board)..did tht,,,the output is decent but the front speakers are not working and there is disturbance when accelerating.
the technician now telling tht some sound ic is damaged and had to be looked and replaced...what to do..
i tink i made a wrong decision by opening a low quality headunit...
is it posible to change it to another hu aftr buying a magna front panel...has anybody done tht...
plz help if its posible or is there any dificulty in doing tht..
Old 17th April 2009, 09:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:

ZMA, i would suggest you to stay away from Alphine. Alphine in Kanjikuzhi is just a duty paid shop and the level of expertise of the SO called technicians would be minimal. I would suggest you to get the ICE setup done from Emperor, Cochin. Those guys may be a little bit on the expensive side but they know there stuff better than the guys in Alphine.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:00   #8
zma
BHPian

i tink magna front panel is pissible

I have ordered i10 magna front panel...cost around 1500...dont no if there is any compatibility issue...
Old 1st May 2009, 22:02   #9
zma
BHPian

finaly upgraded.PLZ HELP TO RESOLVE A NOICE PROBLEM

i had to replace head unit.
the final list is.
pioneer double din 6050ub fitted WITH <magna front panel>
JBL 4 chanel amp GT5-A-604
BLAUPUNKT 2 CHANEL AMP
base tube 10" 500 watts
JBL GT5 963 OVAL SPEAKERS
JBL FRONT SPEAKERS CS2165..

it gives decent output according to my requirement..
but there is a noice when engine is on..
the problem seems to be mystry..
tried to give better earthing to hu, and amp..
used different audio cables still no change in the noice.

any idea about how to solve it ,,
i am to check the 4 chanel amp A604 in the authorized service center
Old 2nd May 2009, 06:19   #10
sdh
BHPian

@zma, I am also looking at replacing the stock radio. Whar parts did you order from manga. Only the front plate or the mounting brackets and the hazard switch also. Can you share the hyundai part numbers. Were there any fitting issues with the magna stuff.
Old 2nd May 2009, 08:08   #11
zma
BHPian

it will cost around 1500

i dont know the part number
but the
1.hazard swithch will fit
2.the ac vents are seperate it will also fit.
but there will be a large hole for clock.clock is very expencive so i just closed it by using a clean plastic peace..but i have ordered for a provision to close the hole which hyundai gives for some 350 rs.

the bracket from the oe hu can be used to mont the new hu..its not in the hyundai parts list..using single din is bit dificult but double din with a good technichian u can mount it.single din is also posible just have to find a way to close the extra space .

and to conect radio antena u will strugle..i am stil checking if there is any option to convert the oe style antena jack to common antena wire end.

hope u find it useful.the dealer can find the part number easily.but before you order try to see the part in the computer catalog of the dealer.
Old 2nd May 2009, 10:37   #12
sdh
BHPian

I am planning to fit a Car PC, so Double DIN opening is what I need. How did you reuse the stock radio plug. Did the installation guy have matching adaptor or did he cut the wires loose. You are the first person on the forum who has replaced the stock radio on i10, it would be great if you could share more details and some pictures of the modifications.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks