Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 01:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Hmm!! LBM might care about DB thing!! but,it could be either way i.e.
DB thing just might be part of his ICE??
well!! if we talk about 2 id max 12inch sub's!! can't it be his taste got changed??
here we are talking spl not sq,and the qus about taste dosen't aries in this case becouse here we are talking loudness of the system not sound quality
Old 11th March 2009, 01:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
here we are talking spl not sq,and the qus about taste dosen't aries in this case becouse here we are talking loudness of the system not sound quality
I nowhere mentioned the SQ thing!!
Old 11th March 2009, 01:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing to add up to this is , according to some people it wasn't an official DB DRAG!
Old 11th March 2009, 01:49   #49

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
so i think it was not a officiall event.

@lbm when you hit 150+db was it with 2x12 idmax or with plutonium
He hit 154db with 2 ported idmax's
He then hit 156.6db with the plutonium and a steg amp
you will find more information in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ss_makker.html

Last edited by hellspawn : 11th March 2009 at 01:52.
Old 11th March 2009, 08:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Oh!
Maybe he didn't tune his Hydrogens for SPL.It might have been for "SPQL".

If you know what i mean.
Hey don't we get IdMaxs in 15 inch size.It will really wreak hell with all those numbers.
Old 11th March 2009, 08:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Oh!
Maybe he didn't tune his Hydrogens for SPL.It might have been for "SPQL".

If you know what i mean.
Hey don't we get IdMaxs in 15 inch size.It will really wreak hell with all those numbers.
we will soon get them in 15 inch and then just imagine 2 x15 id max and boooom what will they do when lbm did 152.7 with 2x12's and also they will not require much power say only 1000rms per sub.

@hellspawn that was 152.7 not 154 and that to he used 2 extra batteries but it was almost 300%more louder then what he achieved now

Last edited by karankapoor : 11th March 2009 at 08:52.
Old 11th March 2009, 10:35   #52
Team-BHP Support

With such high SPL figures, does listening to music get tiresome after a while ? Sorry, a noob query !!
Old 11th March 2009, 11:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Eddy these numbers are only for the bragging rights.Just like Bugatti veyron can do 407Kmph.But who does it on regular basis.

No one listens to such SPL.Infact no one can listen to it.One will probably be deaf after a 10 min session.lol.
Old 11th March 2009, 11:11   #54
BHPian

Exposure to high dB levels cause permanent hearing damage.
These are just numbers, and are under "test conditions" one cant listen at such levels.

@Mods : we need to have a disclaimer/warning about SPL levels, blasting music etc on the forum.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

anything above 130+db can seriously harm you ear if heard continuously for over 3 to 4 mins and can easily make a person temporary deaf.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:52   #56
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm, but even otherwise when you listen to the system at normal volumes, I am sure the SPL system would cause more fatigue than an SQL. I wonder why SPL is so famous then.

And mods, I think we do need a disclaimer/warning etc. This is a major health hazard
Old 11th March 2009, 13:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hmmm, but even otherwise when you listen to the system at normal volumes, I am sure the SPL system would cause more fatigue than an SQL. I wonder why SPL is so famous then.

And mods, I think we do need a disclaimer/warning etc. This is a major health hazard
Its just like why people buy a fast car when in the city you cannot drive it as fast as it should.

Its a personal taste.
Some guys want the music to kick 'em hard in the back.
Old 11th March 2009, 13:26   #58
Team-BHP Support

Yep Abhinav, I agree. Its purely a personal preference.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:17   #59
BHPian

woww another thread of egoistics !!

well just came after 10 days online and saw this thread ,i want to clarify few things:

A delhi car group organized a small event in DCE at their annual fest which includes the bike and car show with DB testing

we were sponsored by the delhi installer (GYRO ) for the DB testing and they were providing the meters and all for the same

but after few testings ,i suppose two the sensor of the meter go kabbooom and the competition was called off..and entry fees were returned

then the scene started :
me and harsh87 decided that it's not done and we should return some favor to the participants who came from far off, so we ask LBM (provided by Hermit Audio) and requested him to help us out ,after that he provided us the equipments

we were not comfortable at the same place where the previous competition was taking place so we opted for the parking area to scatter the crowd which gathered to see those bling installs..

it wasn't a perfect official competition as there was no prizes but plus to that there was no entry fees also for the same.

It was the part of the event whether it was done by the organizers or has been done b third party,but remember we approach him to save our event ,and as a goodwill gesture we did test Db's but at free for all our particiapants.

At the time of event we tried each and every person we can approach for the competition for particiaption ,and they turn up for sure ,i know not 100%.

you all should use your brain that if an event is going on and suddenly a roblem arises and you need to find a solution ,what you will do ?
i give you answer you will try to carry on the event but with few alteration/modifications

that what we had done ,we had to take decision and we took the best possible solutions ,if someone has issues with it you can clarify it with me

there's no argument discussing these supid threads ,you will not get anything out of this.

I congratz LBM,Vineert verma,noidaboy and pajero guy
i think these guys have perfect setups and at a good price

LBm for loudest Db ratings:
vineet for the interesting Db ratings on 1 woofer
noidaboy : for the small 12" sub to rock a building

pajero: to show us the IDv3 potentials

Last edited by smokin : 11th March 2009 at 15:22.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
That's easy. SPL can be measured with a number (that has nothing to do with ... I won't get into this). Just turn on the system, jack up the volume, measure dB figures. The loudest car with the max dB figure wins.

SQ cannot be measured by a figure, and SQ is pretty much a 'liquid' concept. There are set parameters for the various SQ competitions, but regardless of all the parameters not everybody will agree with the results of an SQ comparison/competition. SO measurement of 'SQ' between cars will be a very difficult thing.

I mean no offense to l_b_m here. He probably didn't just drive in and compete. I'm sure he took a lot of effort to prepare both equipment-wise and installation-wise (just look at that enclosure! And two batteries?). It would be nice if he could mention on this thread how he prepared the car, chose the supporting equipment, decided on the enclosure dimensions etc etc. I don't think the commercial interest issue would come us, as the equipment he used and the matter of the dB figure his car did is public knowledge now.

@smokin, chill, man. You sound like somebody made a personal attack on you.

@gyro guys, why don't you folks hold an SQ competition with the SPL competition next? In the end there will be a lot of people going for each other's throats, but I'm sure there will be a lot more cars participating in an SQ competition?

Last edited by hydrashok : 11th March 2009 at 15:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks