Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 16:12   #61
BANNED

Another case of mudslinging between 2 delhi fractions! Wasted!!

SPL is just made for boasting. Nothing else. Lots of harm and fatigue caused in the process too.

Anyway, some get a kick out of all this. Especially after reaching that temporary heaven of insane dB figures and then getting into all petty fights and arguments! Pathetic.

Guys! Cool it down. If there's anything constructive to discuss about 140+ dB figures, let's spend our good energy on it. What say?
Old 11th March 2009, 16:41   #62

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
we will soon get them in 15 inch and then just imagine 2 x15 id max and boooom what will they do when lbm did 152.7 with 2x12's and also they will not require much power say only 1000rms per sub.

@hellspawn that was 152.7 not 154 and that to he used 2 extra batteries but it was almost 300%more louder then what he achieved now
Actually he changed the port diameter to increase it from 152.7 to 154db.But yes he connected another battery as well.
Old 11th March 2009, 16:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
If there's anything constructive to discuss about 140+ dB figures, let's spend our good energy on it. What say?
Completely Agree Zak, There ain't any point discussing who got 140 dB , how much his amp was supplying , how big the ports were , was the enclosure according to size , what was the damping factor, rms rating . and more.

lets just keep this thread to what a 140dB reading is all about.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
that what we had done ,we had to take decision and we took the best possible solutions ,if someone has issues with it you can clarify it with me
I don't think anyone has any objections Smokin. We all had fun, Thanks for taking the initiative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Another case of mudslinging between 2 delhi fractions! Wasted!!
No factions, no mudslinging my friend. The event was good fun and while there was healthy rivalry, the event was held in good spirit and everyone enjoyed themselves.

As someone who wasn't an organizer or a participant, I merely felt it my responsibility to help out over there. And again, I felt some facts were being misrepresented here and I don't think anyone has a problem with my setting the record straight. So I request everyone not to make this out to be something that it's not.

And Delhi members can rejoice to the fact that the organized decibel drags in Bangalore had a maximum score of only 139.9dB (as far as I have been told, please correct me if you know otherwise).

Cheers!
Old 11th March 2009, 22:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
only 139.9dB
Cheers!
Ah So i need to get my 2nd amp and cross that rating fast and enter the 140db category
Old 11th March 2009, 23:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@gyro guys, why don't you folks hold an SQ competition with the SPL competition next? In the end there will be a lot of people going for each other's throats, but I'm sure there will be a lot more cars participating in an SQ competition?
May be in due course of time we might,But as you said SPL is more popular and easily understandable and gets more attension,Understanding SQ comes with experience.

Quote:
I don't think anyone has any objections Smokin. We all had fun, Thanks for taking the initiative.

No factions, no mudslinging my friend. The event was good fun and while there was healthy rivalry, the event was held in good spirit and everyone enjoyed themselves.

As someone who wasn't an organizer or a participant, I merely felt it my responsibility to help out over there. And again, I felt some facts were being misrepresented here and I don't think anyone has a problem with my setting the record straight. So I request everyone not to make this out to be something that it's not.

And Delhi members can rejoice to the fact that the organized decibel drags in Bangalore had a maximum score of only 139.9dB (as far as I have been told, please correct me if you know otherwise).

Cheers!
Agreed totally.

No one is against anyone,Its about a few facts that had to be put up right.The event was fun.Its more like a sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Ah So i need to get my 2nd amp and cross that rating fast and enter the 140db category
LOL,You have gone nuts over SPL and Drags!
Old 11th March 2009, 23:53   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Abhinav!! i just wonder where will you endup bhai??
You seem to be so crazy about SPL!! well to say more about SPL even i'm also crazy about SPL!!
Goodluck with the 140+ figure!!
Old 12th March 2009, 00:14   #68
BHPian

@ Abhinav: Best of Luck in advance i also used to love SPL setups earlier but soon my ears gave up lol and Did u find the mono block for the woofer or still the search is going on..
Old 12th March 2009, 00:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_786 View Post
@ Abhinav: Best of Luck in advance i also used to love SPL setups earlier but soon my ears gave up lol and Did u find the mono block for the woofer or still the search is going on..
Your setup can still perform the SPL. My guess around 135 DB easily with it in sealed box.
Old 12th March 2009, 07:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Your setup can still perform the SPL. My guess around 135 DB easily with it in sealed box.
nope... 150+ easy anyday!
Old 12th March 2009, 11:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
nope... 150+ easy anyday!
Nope not any more with the current setup and tuning. The sub is changed.
Old 12th March 2009, 12:25   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My point was: if I were to race a santro, an 800 and a zen with a tuned swift in a corner of the city and win, would I be justified in calling it the fastest car in North India? I don't think so...
If "the tuned swift" was mine, I would! :-)

Dolly Parton once said "sometimes you gotta blow your own horn, just to let them know you are coming" or something to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Yup ,and after that don't forget to announce you officially have the loudest car in South India.
faithless, that was a low blow.

Quote:
@lbm when you hit 150+db was it with 2x12 idmax or with plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
He hit 154db with 2 ported idmax's
He then hit 156.6db with the plutonium
LBM, hope you are not in the car when you are taking these measurements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Exposure to high dB levels cause permanent hearing damage.
Quote:
anything above 130+db.
Personally I would not advise anyone to listen to levels louder than 95db for 15 mins or more and 90db for 45 minutes or more.

Prolonged exposure to loud sounds is extremely dangerous and sadly the advanced in hearing aids pales in comparision to the advances in restoring sight. Partly because I believe that we (as the human race) do not know enough about sound and partly becuase the way sound behaves (longer wavelength, reflections and refractions, etc..) make designing hering aids that can help the hearing impaired more diffcult.

Quote:
Completely Agree Zak, There ain't any point discussing who got 140 dB..lets just keep this thread to what a 140dB reading is all about.
140db is about deafness:
unless you are measuring these levels while you are outside the cabin
unless you are doing this for fun and not for listening to music
unless you are doing this knowing full well that 140db is just as 'mad' as a 250hp FWD car (aka Ford Rocam and Viper) and i mean 'mad' in the niceest way - remember I was once just as 'mad'.
Old 12th March 2009, 14:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
LBM, hope you are not in the car when you are taking these measurements!
LBM was in the car while doing the SPL test of 144dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
140db is about deafness:
unless you are measuring these levels while you are outside the cabin
unless you are doing this for fun and not for listening to music
unless you are doing this knowing full well that 140db is just as 'mad' as a 250hp FWD car (aka Ford Rocam and Viper) and i mean 'mad' in the niceest way - remember I was once just as 'mad'.
Obviously just for measuring and doing purpose.
I never listen to subs above +5 out of +15.
Only when butter chicken is to be provided to some unlucky chap at the back or when to announce my arrival.

Old 12th March 2009, 14:24   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Please note that all Sardarjis have HF attenuation wrapped over their ears. The rest of you have a higher chance of damaging your hearing.

Turn the volume down boys.
Old 12th March 2009, 14:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Please note that all Sardarjis have HF attenuation wrapped over their ears. The rest of you have a higher chance of damaging your hearing.

Turn the volume down boys.
Well its LF we are worried about here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks