Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 18:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post

- After the said event, several people got together in the parking lot and did SPL measurements off another term-pro meter, brought by LBM.
And when i was told about the event , i heard that a dB drag is happening organised by GYRO and now you are saying its not a dB drag ? I'm confused.

LBM was merely trying to help to continue the said event and not trying to prove that his is the loudest car.
Old 10th March 2009, 18:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

..be it whatever, an event, a db drag, a parking lot gathering..lets forget it!

All in all, as Navin rightly pointed out, lets all together congratulate LBM for the numbers he achieved and demand a party! :-) :-)
Old 10th March 2009, 18:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to everyone who participated and was involved with this. Good initiative. Hope we soon see a homegrown SPL/ SQ competition that does not need any sanctioning from an international organization.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ok our Club organized the event and a DB drag was a part of it but that was just for fun i believe.
Am sure nobody has any problem with LBM achieving that figure (Btw Congrats sir) but calling it the loudest setup in North India is stretching it.

For ex. Sam_786 got 151 when he did an SPL test of his setup....

the 140+db thread-dscn0398.jpg

the 140+db thread-dscn0401.jpg

In the end ,they are just numbers guys ,Chill.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 10th March 2009 at 19:22.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

no offence to anyone related to this drag event but if it was a official event then there should be different categories for the same.

like with

2x12
2x10
1x12
1x10

and with different powers .
Old 10th March 2009, 21:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

i heartily congratulate LBM paaji and pray that most of our debates don't turn into arguments. I personally feel they are not in good taste. It was a home grown event, and those who knew about it participated. For all you know there are a thousand people in the world who can run faster than Maurice Greene, but they aren't in the reckoning because they haven't come out and proven themselves. That automatically makes Maurice Greene the fastest human in the world, regardless of the fact that he is actually slower than the humans who didn't compete.
Making an event official/unofficial doesn't take away from the fact that LBM has won. Yes, it might not make him the LOUDEST north indian, but he certainly did win the event, didnt he?
It's something to be spoken off in good humour and not made into a controversy. I'd wish that'd happen though. Somehow I see most threads turning into a war of words and a battle of egos recently.
I generally don't like to embroil myself in controversies but I have been seeing this untowardly behaviour by all parties in question on all threads and somehow the ACTUAL topic of the thread takes a backseat. Let Team-Bhp be the forum it is and let us not detract from the entire experience.
Peace Out guys.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

I was a Apart of the Oragnising team for the event and lets get some points clear

1. The Event was a dB Measuring Event too which we called it a dB Drag, but we all know dB Drag has some rules so lets not call it that, You can say a dB measuring event to test each individuals cars.

2. The event was to be carried out by a Particular Installer/Shop in Delhi(I will not mention the name), but since that did not happen because of the equipment developed a snag, There was no official confirmation of the event from our side. Me and My CLUB did not conduct this Event.

3. Yes as Gunbir Sir mentioned correctly, LBM had brought an SPL Meter of his own to which he tested the cars in the Private LOT. Again This had nothing to do with Me or The Organizers, We had called of our part and refunded whatever amount paid by the participants.

LBM's Win came as no surprise to Me because it was an expected thing, The Guy has been doing this for the last a year or so i believe, To me the real winner was the Pajero with the iDv3's. 140.8 Out of 600W Monoblock, Just 300W Going to each sub. I regret the Part that sam_786 has shifted to an SQ Setup else i am pretty sure with the iDv3's in a Hatch being powered by his 1200W Monoblock ,He would have easily crossed LBM's figure or 144 dB. Even Bharat's Mivec Lancer would have got a bigger Figure had its Main Engine Compartment fuse not blown.

It was a nice fun filled event, we look forward to organize another one soon, on a larger scale and more competition. Congrats to LBM for his Win.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:25   #23
BHPian

Oho,We have a thread on this? LOL.

No mention of my car doing 131.7db with 1 bull audio ported and the kenwood 8401 not even tuned for the competition.

Ha! the VFM SPL .

Anyways on a serious note,as being a part of the organizing team.I would like to clarify what was the whole event about.A Delhi based club had organized an event for car and bike enthusiast of Delhi.In this event various activities took place. In which the NEWLY introduced was the SPL test competition,Thanks to a sponsor this was possible.

We didn't not advertise or promote this event as this was more like a private affair and it was more invitation based.Hence we had limited number of people and participants.

As for the event we had only a few entries for the competition as it was a relatively new idea and concept for people.It took us a while to make a few of them understand what is gonna happen.The event started we had different categories for the competition according to the equipment the participants they had.We took few measurements and sadly something went wrong with the equipment and the competition could not be completed hence we called it off and it became an audio expo where all the cars were parked and the students and spectators just saw,heard and enjoyed the equipment.

Later on LBM being very kind to all of us offered to resume an unofficial spl test for the people interested.And the above posted DB scores are according to that.The proper and same test sweep was played in all the cars to keep things fair.

Yes LBM had the loudest car for the event with out a doubt.But his SPL score was 144.x which is lower that what was clamied by him.What ever the reason was i really wont bother.A big congrats to him.And that car is rattling like anything.The doors and the boot are ready to come off with all that sound pressure.The people around really liked it.It was one talked about car for the event.

@abhinav

DB drag is the official name of the competition held by term pro.Hence the every SPL competition is not called as DB DRAG.That is one competition like every drag race cannot be called as the speed-run

Last edited by noidaboy : 10th March 2009 at 22:30.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:46   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I am quite pleased about the event as we need more such events. Kudos to the organizers....The "db Drag" rules are very advanced and it will be a while before we can have official "dB Drag" events.

We all expected LBM to win. After all, he was the only guy there who prepared for the event.
Why was no one else prepared. I guess no one came prepared to fight Carl Schuhmann in 1896 either :-) If you enter a race it your duty to be prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
organised by GYRO .
the event was organised by Gyro? but LBM did the SPL measuements? Now I am really confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
there should be different categories for the same.
like with
2x12
2x10
1x12
1x10
Sure but dude they only had 7-8 cars at this event. When these events grow to 700-800 cars then having categories makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
1. The Event was a dB Measuring Event
LBM's Win came as no surprise to Me
To be honest LBM 'winning' a SPL event did not surprise me either. He has been SPLing for a long while now. As a competitor I would not enter a competition if I did not expect that I had a fair chance to win. If it was a fun event where a bunch of guys measured their cars (this is what I first understood it to be) and had a few laughs then it is another story.

m4ugr8, I am a little confused you said you were part of the Organising team but 'your club' did not conduct the event and that the equipment failed. What equipment? The SPL meter? Which Club? Is your Club part of Gyro?

In any case it nice to see these events now.

For the engine-vengine types, some time back there was a Torque Night held in Mumbai.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...reports-5.html
Old 10th March 2009, 22:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Yes LBM had the loudest car for the event with out a doubt.But his SPL score was 144.x which is lower that what was clamied by him.What ever the reason was i really wont bother.A big congrats to him.And that car is rattling like anything.The doors and the boot are ready to come off with all that sound pressure.The people around really liked it.It was one talked about car for the event.
Noidaboy, you just made LBM's day!
Old 10th March 2009, 22:51   #26
BHPian

Navinji,

LBM had brought his OWN meter as well.For tuning or testing of his own and his other customer's cars (im assuming)

Gyro had sponsored the SPL test event hosted by the Souls of speed.The OFFICIAL equipment for the event had failed.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the event was organised by Gyro? but LBM did the SPL measuements? Now I am really confused.

m4ugr8, I am a little confused you said you were part of the Organising team but 'your club' did not conduct the event and that the equipment failed. What equipment? The SPL meter? Which Club? Is your Club part of Gyro?
Navin ji i think you got confused with all these DB figures.

Delhi guys organized a DRAG even in which the equipment for DB competition was sponsored by GYRO (i think). But the equipment somehow failed and they refunded the money they took from the members.

But then LBM offered his SPL meter so guys can have fun.

M4ugr8 club is not a part of GYRO.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

In any case it nice to see these events now.
Ok, Since the Names are out, GYRO was organizing/sponsoring the Event. The Club is not a Part of GYRO. The Club is an independent organization, I am one of the Members of the club Souls Of Speed.

The Meter was suppose to provided by GYRO but since their meter developed a Snag at the event site, LBM Used his Meter which he had brought along with him.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
For all you know there are a thousand people in the world who can run faster than Maurice Greene, but they aren't in the reckoning because they haven't come out and proven themselves. That automatically makes Maurice Greene the fastest human in the world, regardless of the fact that he is actually slower than the humans who didn't compete.
No doubt, LBM's swift was the loudest that day at that gathering. But that wasn't what I objected to.

My point was: if I were to race a santro, an 800 and a zen with a tuned swift in a corner of the city and win, would I be justified in calling it the fastest car in North India? I don't think so...
Old 10th March 2009, 23:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

so i think it was not a officiall event.

@lbm when you hit 150+db was it with 2x12 idmax or with plutonium

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks