Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2005, 12:50   #1
BHPian

Mp3 unit query

hi guys
i am planning to buy a Pioneer In-Dash Cd Player (DEH-P3700MP)
from usa its a mp3 unit . i want to ask that will the radio work here as my friend told that it is not compatible here. the mp3 unit's features are given below

50 watts x 4 peak power: The internal amplifier pumps out plenty of power to your speakers for great sound.

CD-R/RW playback: Play the CDs you burned at home while you're on the go.

MP3/WMA playback: Take your digital music wherever you go for hours of continuous listening.

Digital music enhancement: The Bit Media eXpander feature improves the sound of your digital music to give it more depth and fullness.

Two pre-amp outputs: Add an amplifier with the pre-amp outputs to run more power to your speakers or a subwoofer.

Supertuner® IIID™ digital tuner: Pull in your favorite radio stations and save them on the 18 FM/6 AM memory presets for easy access.

Satellite radio-ready: Built-in satellite radio controls let you connect a satellite radio tuner so you can listen to over 100 digital-quality music, news, sports and entertaiment channels from coast-to-coast. You can even choose which service you want because it's compatible with both XM™ Radio and SIRIUS.

Multi-color display: Give your dash some style and see what's playing at a glance with the multi-color display.

Detachable faceplate: Remove the faceplate for added security when you leave your vehicle.

Sound controls: The selectable loudness control lets you hear every detail in your music at lower volume levels and the Easy EQ with five settings (powerful, super bass, flat, natural and vocal) lets you boost the sound coming from your speakers by adjusting the settings according to the type of music you're listening to.

Remote control: Control the CD player without having to take your hands off the steering wheel.

iPod adapter-ready: Connect your iPod to the CD player with the Pioneer iPod adapter (sold separately) and you can view album, artist and other information on the display. The adapter can even recharge the battery for your iPod while it's connected.

Installation instructions: A vehicle-specific wiring harness, antenna adapter, installation kit and in-dash player harness are required to install this in-dash player. Use our car audio fit guide to find the accessories that fit your vehicle.
Old 25th May 2005, 13:11   #2
BHPian

i am getting this unit for around 150 dollars
Old 25th May 2005, 13:27   #3
BHPian

Radio will work and there are no compatibility issues since it has both AM and FM ...
But the satelite radio will not work as we dont have those service in India
Old 25th May 2005, 13:29   #4
BHPian

i am not talking about the satelite radio but will the radio stations in india such as 92.5 or 91.0 fm work
Old 25th May 2005, 13:43   #5
BANNED

Hey Kool Dude,

I dont see a reason why the radio will not work. I myself am using an Alpine which is american model not sold in Asia. The radio works great.

Viper
Old 25th May 2005, 13:46   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=kooldude]
iPod adapter-ready: Connect your iPod to the CD player with the Pioneer iPod adapter (sold separately) and you can view album, artist and other information on the display. The adapter can even recharge the battery for your iPod while it's connected.
QUOTE]
How much does this iPod adapter cost for pioneer? Does $150 price you mentioned include this?
Also is it compatible with only pioneer panels or will it work on others like Clarion ,Alpine,etc?
Old 25th May 2005, 13:47   #7
BHPian

thanks viper actually i was going to get it from india but my relatives from america are gifting me this mp3 unit
Old 25th May 2005, 13:49   #8
BHPian

hey sahil have no ideas got this information from www.circuitcity.com it is as shopping mall in usa it has its website also you can check out there
Old 25th May 2005, 13:53   #9
BANNED

anytime Kooldude. Since you are getting a gift its another matter otherwise it makes more sense to buy locally. Hardly 10-15% price diff.

Viper
Old 25th May 2005, 14:01   #10
BHPian

yeah was buying locally but was getting a gift so didnt buy it from here anyways Happy Bday viper
Old 25th May 2005, 14:02   #11
BANNED

Thanks a lot buddy. Feel free to ping me if you ever need any help with your car.
Old 25th May 2005, 14:49   #12
Team-BHP Support

you pio unit will work here. a few radios made for teh US market dont work here. I dont see many of thse anymore.

reason: The VHF-FM broadcast band in the United States extends from 88 to 108
megahertz. Channels are assigned at 200 kHz increments; i.e.: 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, ... , 107.9 (hence are always odd numbers). The channels from 88.1 to 91.9 are reserved for noncommercial educational stations. Outside the United States and Canada, the boundaries and channel spacing vary. In Japan, the band starts at 76 MHz. In Western Europe, the band generally runs from 88-108 MHz, but channels can be irregularly spaced, i.e.: 101.25 MHz.

In India however you get even number freq. like 91.0, 94.6 (defunct now), that do not follow this rule. hence if you get a US radio does NOT allow you to tune even freqs like 91.0 your reception of such freqs will be compromised.

beyond this one issue i dont know any other issue (other than XM/Satellite radio) that can cause imcompatibility. car voltages are almost always 12V (nominal) so there are no power supply issues. Very few car stereos dont use RCA outputs (most often 2V or 4V) and those that do (I've seen DIN out) offer RCA as an option.

Last edited by navin : 25th May 2005 at 14:52.
Old 25th May 2005, 14:56   #13
Team-BHP Support

BTW anyone know how to burn 600 audio CDs into MP3 format and automatically include ID3 tags?
Old 25th May 2005, 15:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

navin is right. my bil brought a blaupunkt mp3 head unit from usa and he is not able to listen to radio city 91 fm station at bangalore.
Old 25th May 2005, 17:48   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW anyone know how to burn 600 audio CDs into MP3 format and automatically include ID3 tags?
Dude, there is no way to include automatic ID3 tags, as audio CDs dont carry that info.. You will have to enter them manually.. Use Windows Media Player10 or a utility like CDEX to rip the audio to mp3 and then edit the tags. You can control the bit rates but make sure you dont go below 128 kbps. If you want to use variable bit rates, first make sure that your mp3 player handles it. Most new ones do.

BTW, what kind of music do you listen to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks