Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 10:56   #16
Team-BHP Support

have you thought of the firewall. THis might require bracing or strengthing the firewall but I have seen it done in old 50s and 60s american sedans as they had a lot of unused space behind the dash. I myself stuck a pair of small (Pio GM series) amps on the firewall of a '74 Trimpuh Spitfire in the early 90s. The firewall was made of FRP and lined on the engine side with a material simialr to heatlon.

Last edited by navin : 6th May 2009 at 10:57.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

check the pic the amp are mounted in place of the rear parcel shelf this could be good idea but the amp will be pretty much visible and the chance of theft becomes high.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-swiftcustommod5of5.jpg  

Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-swiftwoofer11of1.jpg  

Old 6th May 2009, 15:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Won't the amp fit if it is placed vertically, like ||, instead of horizontally, like = ? I think that was what ramie-paaji was trying to say.

Of all these, I'd try the false-floor option, or the partial false-floor option.
Anup, it won't fit in vertically it's about 1.1/2" inches longer then side wall space.
partial false floor is on top of list right now!Sub box is big and false floor shall elevate it by at least 4 inches, then it might create problems in boot lid closure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
have you thought of the firewall.
Navin Ji, I have no idea how the firewall looks of swift,to my best of knowledge,it would be quite hard to fit the amp there.I will get to see it(firewall) soon as I am planning to do damping on firewall and inside of Dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
check the pic the amp are mounted in place of the rear parcel shelf this could be good idea but the amp will be pretty much visible and the chance of theft becomes high.
KK, last one is quite good,but i din't want to loose the amp.I think false floor is the way to go!

In sam's install, They have put up cooling fans,to regulate the air flow.Is it recommended in every false floor install, the amp ahs fan in built and i plan to use plexi glass to cover it!
Old 6th May 2009, 16:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

it is recommended for the amp which don't have inbuilt cooling fans and are covered with plexi or some thing else. in sam install the amps are totally coverd with the board and plaxi glass that why there are 2 fans one works as a cooling fan and other throughs the hot air out.

Last edited by karankapoor : 6th May 2009 at 16:15.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:30   #20
BHPian

How about doing it this way?It's quite easy and simple.what if i build a partial floor this way!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-6.jpg  

Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-7.jpg  

Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-8.jpg  

Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-9.jpg  

Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-12.jpg  

Old 6th May 2009, 21:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

almost the same way as the sam_786 install only difference is the cutout for the sub, which prevents the sub to move on a big pothole.
by the which gto amp is that in the pic.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:54   #22
BHPian

In this install they have used the original floor as the base and subsequently built a cover of wood and Plexi glass.
Now coming to second option,building a full area covered false floor,then vantilation will be a problem,either i would have to build vents in floor,which will acts as exhaust,or put a fan.Wiring a fan would be a tedious issue then.
Old 6th May 2009, 23:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

make vents as shown in the pic, and wiring 2 fans will not be a problem use a relay to switch on the fans.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift boot build:-Amp placement.-image_279.jpg  

Old 6th May 2009, 23:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Simple, Come To Delhi. Hand the car over to Gunbir and JB, They will do it for you.
Old 6th May 2009, 23:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

1+

that would be the best idea.
Old 6th May 2009, 23:56   #26
BHPian

Would love to do it on my own,you get to learn few things.
Since yesterday, i have drawn 20-25 sketches, time to turn on the creative ascpects of mind.
IT will be a DIY for sure!
Old 6th May 2009, 23:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

will love to see this, like you did it last time.
so finally you decided something
Old 7th May 2009, 00:21   #28
BHPian

Yes 90% sure,it would a false floor covering the full boot floor!rest are chances of partial floor,but because of aesthetic reasons I won't do that.
Now I need to sort out ventilation aspects,Thinking of keeping the amp area open as shown in above pics and use plexi glass to cover it as and when required,need to take care of wiring for new amp.Need to get power kit.
Old 7th May 2009, 09:29   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Navin Ji, I have no idea how the firewall looks of swift,to my best of knowledge,it would be quite hard to fit the amp there.
Oh it's a Swift. My bad. Anyway just see if you have enough space on the firewall though I doubt it. When my FIL's swift was damped I checked out the firewall and saw space for about an Alpine 340. But your amp is bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
How about doing it this way?It's quite easy and simple.what if i build a partial floor this way!
Space in a car is at a premium. False floors eat into precious cubic inches of the space.

BTW whatever happened to the traditional "back of rear seat" option?
Old 7th May 2009, 09:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BTW whatever happened to the traditional "back of rear seat" option?
The Swift has very little gap/space between the back of the rear-seat & the hatch-door. Mounting the amp on the rear-seat will eat into this space and compromise loading of tall objects through the width of the area the amp occupies.

Mounting the amp low, near the floor improves things somewhat, but the gap/space between the back of the rear-seat & the hatch-door is still compromised quite a bit.

For somebody who needs the boot only occasionally, or not at all, this is not too much of an issue. Gill-saab seems to need the boot frequently enough -- if I remember right, that was one of the major priorities he spoke of in his ICE thread. Initially I think he'd even settled for a 10" sub to maximize boot-space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks