Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which music system company?
Pioneer 26 36.62%
Sony 14 19.72%
JVC 5 7.04%
Alpine 14 19.72%
Other-please specify! 11 15.49%
Blaupunkt 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2005, 10:16   #31
Team-BHP Support

Pioneer since 1993
Old 3rd June 2005, 20:50   #32
BHPian

Hi I've booked a Swift Zxi and I'm really confused about installing the music system. I'm pretty much nil as far as the features and performances of the different brands and variants. Can anyone suggest a decent Single C.D. Player/ Multiple C.D player with MP3 capability ( A must) and good 4 speakers combo- No woofer ( Is it really required in a hatchback?) Do I need additional tweeters for better sound reproduction? Should I focus on component speakers or.... All within, ummmm, say 12 to 15 Grands? Would that much be enough? Personally I somehow like Blaupunkt or Sony, but I dunno...
Also, I plan to buy an i-pod and wanted to know if I can play the i-pod with any brand/ model or is it just compatible with Alpine? What accessories will I need along with the i-pod to play in my car? How good will the sound reproduction be? Will I be able to see the music playlist on the interface of the music system? Which brand- model should I opt for?
Lastly, I'm pretty keen about a steering mounted remote control like the ones offered by Blaupunkt.
Guys please Help...
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Hi I've booked a Swift Zxi and I'm really confused about installing the music system. I'm pretty much nil as far as the features and performances of the different brands and variants. Can anyone suggest a decent Single C.D. Player/ Multiple C.D player with MP3 capability ( A must) and good 4 speakers combo- No woofer ( Is it really required in a hatchback?) Do I need additional tweeters for better sound reproduction? Should I focus on component speakers or.... All within, ummmm, say 12 to 15 Grands? Would that much be enough? Personally I somehow like Blaupunkt or Sony, but I dunno...
Also, I plan to buy an i-pod and wanted to know if I can play the i-pod with any brand/ model or is it just compatible with Alpine? What accessories will I need along with the i-pod to play in my car? How good will the sound reproduction be? Will I be able to see the music playlist on the interface of the music system? Which brand- model should I opt for?
Lastly, I'm pretty keen about a steering mounted remote control like the ones offered by Blaupunkt.
Guys please Help...
U could have a pair of ts90 pioneer tweeters on the dash.a fake would cost abt 500 compared to 2500 for the original - u won't no the difference
Old 5th June 2005, 00:31   #34
BHPian

If you are an audio enthusiast then i guess Pioneer wud be the last choice ... My choice wud be complete german .. Blaupunkt ...
but then given that there are higher range head units available i wud rather choose the Nak CD 700 or Macintoch single cd Head unit ..
But then again they are in a different league ....
Old 12th June 2005, 17:04   #35

what about Naka CD400? it's not as expensive as naka cd700...
Old 12th June 2005, 17:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

well i have recently got sony r5610 installed in my car.. its the latest from sony, pretty cheap, has good sound as well.
whats more, it can play atrac3plus format as well, which means u can burn >450 songs in one cd..
Old 13th June 2005, 00:34   #37
BHPian

although i use a pioneer in my car, but i do prefer an alpine for its sheer sound quality.
Old 13th June 2005, 01:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer..all the way. its simply "value for money".
Old 13th June 2005, 03:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Guys please Help...

well as far as the ipod goes you have few options... i have heard of a few new audio systems in which you can dock the ipod but it is not recommended i feel...tooexpensive plus not readily available.....best is get a car kit(the cassete that has a wire sticking out) or you can check out the belkin accessories for the ipod which streams the songs from the ipod on a radio frequency so u can select it on your radio!!(recommended)
Old 13th June 2005, 09:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Pioneer..all the way. its simply "value for money".

totally pioneer is total value for money !!

rev
Old 13th June 2005, 10:13   #41
Team-BHP Support

Greetings Puff,

A good HU will cost you 10K+. Try and get one that has sub outs as well. I prefer Alpine and NAK but they might be outside your budget. I have friends who are happy with Sony and Blau.

What stock speakers are coming with the swift?

I'd recomend that you get good components about 6K for the front. Use stock for the rear till you can afford better. this way you dont throw away something when you upgrade. Blau. i think ca be got for this price. for 8K you have more options. read post 10 (iceman) from the link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5954

Regards
Peter, Paul and Mary

Last edited by navin : 13th June 2005 at 10:18.
Old 13th June 2005, 10:36   #42
BHPian

Its Sony for me.. and probably with JBL speakers
Old 5th October 2005, 19:25   #43
BHPian

Alpine for me

For simply the best reproduction of sound, Alpine for me.
Old 6th October 2005, 00:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Greetings Puff,

A good HU will cost you 10K+. Try and get one that has sub outs as well. I prefer Alpine and NAK but they might be outside your budget. I have friends who are happy with Sony and Blau.

What stock speakers are coming with the swift?
There are no stock speakers in Swift.
Old 6th October 2005, 00:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

???????

How can you even choose "A Brand" or "B Brand" as better or worse. Eg: Some products by Pioneer are better than Alpine, some of Alpine better than Pioneer... This isnt right

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks