Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 00:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Morel audio products discussion.

well this time around i am eying the Morel Tempo range of components.

Morel Tempo

these components because these are in my Price range and from what i have heard these are compared to the Luccents im6.1 from illusion audio and Power series of JBL.

now if some one has auditioned the same and has some reviews on the same please come forward give out you opinions on the same.

I intend to power this using my JBL 75.4 amp.
Old 15th June 2009, 09:53   #2
BHPian

Cant say about the tempo series but the high end ones are amazing. I have heard the Supremos..They are awesome. Go for it..they are a very good brand.
sk456 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2009, 11:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have heard Morel tempos they are good with Off axis response, tweets sounds nice and detailed, the midbass gives a good decent bass, they don't have very strong bass response from the midbass, but if you looking for good strongs mids and detailed tweets. You can opt for the Morels. What type of music you listen to?

I am using Morel Hybrid Ovation 6" at present and just love every detail they produce, a very clean strong mids, and the midbass for it's smooth bass.

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th June 2009 at 12:06.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:27   #4
BHPian

Well even i hav heard few good reviews regarding Morel , though i cud not audition it even once

@ Invinsible

Hybrid Ovation are high priced components , how the midbass if we compare it to Rainbows ;P

Sorry i know its difficult 2 compare 2 very good brands but still if u can then please do it .
Old 15th June 2009, 12:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

bit off topic..

ankit your rainbows have landed?
Old 15th June 2009, 12:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Heard them once in a friend's OHC. Don't know what series but the music sounded very very natural.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
bit off topic..

ankit your rainbows have landed?
Not yet bhai , Next month end , with wiring kits fuses everything .
Old 15th June 2009, 13:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Well even i hav heard few good reviews regarding Morel , though i cud not audition it even once

@ Invinsible

Hybrid Ovation are high priced components , how the midbass if we compare it to Rainbows ;P

Sorry i know its difficult 2 compare 2 very good brands but still if u can then please do it .
I can't comment between the 2 brands since I haven't heard Rainbow's as yet. But both are highly respectable brands. Morel's are exceptionally good performers if you listen to more of Rock, Alternate Rock, Retro, Pop. But even with our Bollywood music they perform really good. The Tweeters deliver soft highs not bright, the mids or the vocals are the best I have heard. The Bass as I said is very smooth and tight. What I like the most is their off-axis response as I mentioned earlier, I have the tweeters in A pillar and Midbass in the doors, both are off axis and my source is the OE headunit. The imaging and soundstage is brilliant, they deliver very upstage soundstage.
If you looking for something which sounds natural, clean, and sweet Morels is what I would suggest. They make one of the best tweeters in the world which includes their famous award winning Supremo Piccolo Tweeter.

Try and audition both Rainbow and Morel and than decide which ones the best for. Which Rainbow series are you comparing with the MOREL TEMPO?

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th June 2009 at 14:00.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I can't comment between the 2 brands since I haven't heard Rainbow's as yet. But both are highly respectable brands. Morel's are exceptionally good performers if you listen to more of Rock, Alternate Rock, Retro, Pop. But even with our Bollywood music they perform really good. The Tweeters deliver soft highs not bright, the mids or the vocals are the best I have heard. The Bass as I said is very smooth and tight. What I like the most is their off-axis response as I mentioned earlier, I have the tweeters in A pillar and Midbass in the doors, both are off axis and my source is the OE headunit. The imaging and soundstage is brilliant, they deliver very upstage soundstage.
If you looking for something which sounds natural, clean, and sweet Morels is what I would suggest. They make one of the best tweeters in the world which includes their famous award winning Supremo Piccolo Tweeter.

Try and audition both Rainbow and Morel and than decide which ones the best for. Which Rainbow series are you comparing with the MOREL TEMPO?

Yup that what i have heard also . Well i am not comparing any specific series . I was more keen on Hybrid Ovation ( the ones u have in your car ) and i might be comparing them with Rainbow SLC 265.25 Kick. How much did u spend on Morels ?

I generally listen to House , electro , Psy . Not that much into rock .
Old 15th June 2009, 14:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

that's really nice..

what you finally buying rainbows?

BTW rider 60 , morels tempo are decent components, i have heard them...

but do audition before buying !

But i say try JBL Power series or original focal polyglass

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 15th June 2009 at 14:23.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
that's really nice..

what you finally buying rainbows?

BTW rider 60 , morels tempo are decent components, i have heard them...

but do audition before buying !

But i say try JBL Power series or original focal polyglass
Bhai u never what i buy in the end

Yea i still have to order the rainbows , so i am trying my best to review and audition others brand too.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure if you could compare the Rainbow SLC with the Morel Hybrid Ovation. The right comparison would be the CS 265 P - Rainbow Profi Vanadium.
I picked up Morel Hybrid for 750$ in US when dollar was around Rs.42. I have used Dotech Ovation as well, Excellent drivers, you can look at them too.

Both are equally good and as I said earlier I haven't heard Rainbows all I can say you wouldn't go wrong having either of them.

By the way which amp are you planning to run with them ? What other setup you planning ? Let me tell you Morel's are power hungry they would need atleast 120 RMS each to perform to their full potential.

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th June 2009 at 14:49.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure if you could compare the Rainbow SLC with the Morel Hybrid Ovation. The right comparison would be the CS 265 P - Rainbow Profi Vanadium.
I picked up Morel Hybrid for 750$ in US when dollar was around Rs.42. I have used Dotech Ovation as well, Excellent drivers, you can look at them too.

Both are equally good and as I said earlier I haven't heard Rainbows all I can say you wouldn't go wrong having either of them.

By the way which amp are you planning to run with them ? What other setup you planning ? Let me tell you Morel's are power hungry they would need atleast 120 RMS each to perform to their full potential.
I got confused

Dotect Ovation Comp 6 was the one i was talking about . sorry sorry , i got confused . Well 4 channel amp is still undecided , i will buy them according to the drivers i buy . Dat makes more sense rather buying drivers according to the amp .

I will decide them in a week so that i can order them , friend from Us will bring them next month. Amp will be purchased from India only .

I need an Audition !!! Any one with Morels around and near Chandigarh ??
Old 15th June 2009, 16:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
I got confused

Dotect Ovation Comp 6 was the one i was talking about . sorry sorry , i got confused . Well 4 channel amp is still undecided , i will buy them according to the drivers i buy . Dat makes more sense rather buying drivers according to the amp .

I will decide them in a week so that i can order them , friend from Us will bring them next month. Amp will be purchased from India only .

I need an Audition !!! Any one with Morels around and near Chandigarh ??
Well in Morel's case its different. Once you decide on Morels, you have to at look around for the Amp at the same time. It's gonna be a tough job finding an amp that fits the need for Morel. The Dotech Ovation 6" are rated at 140RMS each. And you would need atleast 125 RMS for each of them i.e if you really want them to sing. Finding an amp with that kinda of power is not gonna be easy.
What's your budget on the amp and whats the head unit you plan to use ?

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th June 2009 at 16:24.
Old 16th June 2009, 01:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Well in Morel's case its different. Once you decide on Morels, you have to at look around for the Amp at the same time. It's gonna be a tough job finding an amp that fits the need for Morel. The Dotech Ovation 6" are rated at 140RMS each. And you would need atleast 125 RMS for each of them i.e if you really want them to sing. Finding an amp with that kinda of power is not gonna be easy.
What's your budget on the amp and whats the head unit you plan to use ?
That is the problem i am facing , if i spend good on drivers , i wont have enough cash for amplifier , And morel has no drivers ranging btw 14-18k . If i go to Dotech then they cost 24k in US , so i am all confused . More over i haven't auditioned . Its tooo confusing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks