Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 17:12   #31
BHPian

c) some locations in a car make the tweeter sound dul,l other's bright so this control is nesscary.

For the same reason I said i need control over midbass. Simple
Old 10th July 2009, 09:34   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankkaj View Post
c) some locations in a car make the tweeter sound dul,l other's bright so this control is nesscary.For the same reason I said i need control over midbass. Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
b) offering control to the HP section is a lot cheaper than applying the same controls to the LP section (besides the reduction of damping factor caused by the resistive element of these controls is more easily felt/noticed in the bass).
maybe you did not read my earlier post fully. boosting the midbass is akin to cutting the tweeter and vice versa. since the tweeter only 'sees' 10-15% of the power the midbass 'sees' controlling the tweeter is cheaper.

Judicious use of the tone controls and XO's HPF settings offers you many options. If however none of these combinations suits your fancy then you have to take a soldering iron to the XO. There is a post by me on doing this (example used was a pair of Infinity speakers on my wife's Opel Sail) some years ago.

However I did not post the LsPCAD simulations as I do not know how to cut and paste these things over the internet.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:08   #33
BHPian

chill man, ctrl c and ctrl v, You can also try. its easy
Old 10th July 2009, 10:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Unh-hunh, that wouldn't work. Your method will just insert a link to your local hard disk!

Navin, it is not that difficult either. Shift-Printscreen to capture the screen, paste into MS Paint (run MS Paint, press ^V), crop it to the area that you want (may need cutting and pasting to a new file), and save the image as a JPG.

Upload the image using the Attach facility (Paper Clip symbol) in the Create Post page.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks