Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 22:51   #1
BHPian

ICE for Safari Budget 15000/-

Hi,

I was planning to put in ICE for my tata safari LX.

I would be obliged if someone could help me put together a system in 15K budget 1 or 2 K here and there wont matter but i am low on budget.

Thanking you all in advance.
Old 30th June 2009, 01:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Here's a good starting point for you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html
Old 30th June 2009, 12:26   #3
BHPian

Pioneer 5050 HU - 6k approx
Components for front - 4k approx (JBL)
JBL co-axials for Rear - 3k

500-600 for installations

Total: Rs13k to 14k

Last edited by shreyasma : 30th June 2009 at 12:28.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:10   #4
BHPian

ICE for my Safari

Guru's,

I am planning to purchase / install a good ice for my new safari LX. Not taken deliver yet would be taking it on 17th. I have been thinking of a few options, but need your advice to finalize.

1. Items already in place.

JBL GT series 4 channel full range amp
Wiring kit, RCA cables.

2. Items to be purchased

Head Unit ( pioneer AVH p5150 - 25K or JVC AVX -44 - 18K) need advice on sound quality.
Front Components - infinity 6.5 inch( 4800 INR approx)
Rear components - infinity 6.5 inch ( 4800 INR approx)
Sub (DVC) ( Polk / JBL) Need advice and also approx price
Centre channel if JVC HU ( alpine approx 7K)

I have a budget of around 45 K max. Pl advice the best i can get of this budget.

The amp would be used to fire the front comp and SUB. the rear components would run from the HU.

Please can you advice if this is fine.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_n81 View Post
Guru's,

I am planning to purchase / install a good ice for my new safari LX. Not taken deliver yet would be taking it on 17th. I have been thinking of a few options, but need your advice to finalize.

1. Items already in place.

JBL GT series 4 channel full range amp
Wiring kit, RCA cables.

2. Items to be purchased

Head Unit ( pioneer AVH p5150 - 25K or JVC AVX -44 - 18K) need advice on sound quality.
Front Components - infinity 6.5 inch( 4800 INR approx)
Rear components - infinity 6.5 inch ( 4800 INR approx)
Sub (DVC) ( Polk / JBL) Need advice and also approx price
Centre channel if JVC HU ( alpine approx 7K)

I have a budget of around 45 K max. Pl advice the best i can get of this budget.

The amp would be used to fire the front comp and SUB. the rear components would run from the HU.

Please can you advice if this is fine.
Do you want your ICE for "music & movies" or "music only"?

If you want a "music only" setup, you can ditch the DVD HU and centre channel speaker. Replacing components in the rear with coaxials will save you some money in either scenario.

BTW, noticed that the JVC AVX-44 has a rather small screen, not the best option for enjoying movies IMHO.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:12   #6
BHPian

Yes. You save, You damp!

Polk sub in a sealed enclosure will be a good buy.
And you forgot to mention what kind of music you listen to
Old 31st July 2009, 18:02   #7
BHPian

I dont have a particular choice of music, I listen to anything that sounds good to me. But not to forget, I love the bass.

DVD HU with screen is because my family enjoys watching movies.Even i watch Video songs when I am stuck in traffic.

I dont plan to have a Roof mount LCD, but rather go in for Headrest ones.

also with HU with LCD, I have the flexibility of connecting a Reverse camera . Also the JVC HU is bluetooth ready. These were the ones that made me think of DVD with Lcd inbuilt.

what would be recommendation on the speakers , sub and DVD HU offcourse.

If there is a way to reduce the expense. I would always love to.
Old 2nd August 2009, 03:16   #8
BHPian

ICE Guru's,

I see no response from any of you, Awaiting your advice.
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Infinity speakers are definitely a good choice, but are you sure they come for 4.8K? Infinity Reference 6020c are usually 8-9K MRP, so just make sure you are not getting coaxes at that price. Components have separate tweeters and crossover box, coaxes have everything in one housing. Components give a better sound image. Check model numbers online to be sure before buying.

You can always keep a look out for a VFM center channel speaker. JVC has a center channel speaker for $120 or less in US - look under accessories in the JVC site.

Polk v/s JBL - not much to differentiate there other than price. JBL is a cheaper. A well-designed box gets good output from them, and it is always better to get a pre-finished one. Don't know if Polk has one (careful, don't take dealers-pre-finished ones with desi boxes), JBL definitely has a couple of them.

The JVC KD-AVX44 is a good choice.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:36   #10
BHPian

Thanks DerAlte,

I did check with the dealer, its very much the infinity components with cross over and tweeter. But to note the price said is without B&W.

btw any user reviews on JVC AVX - 44 and Pioneer P5150. Having a tuff time here.

Of these which one has better sound quality. Not all features are useful in day to day life , hence my preference would go more with the sound quality.

JBL has a bass tube, not sure if JBL has enslosure of any other kind with Dual voice coil Subs. The website shows enclosures with two subs, but i fear if it would be within my budget. I would be happy to spend about 7 K max for the Sub and enclosure. not more that that as of now.

Any advice on the above.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:30   #11
BHPian

My friend, get either one or two subs in a custom built enclosure, should sound better than a bass tube, i've got a pair of 10"dvc subs in a home made enclosure and can sill use both of those pointless uncomfortable jump seats and err got lots of bang for my bucks, oh yeah damp those front doors for a solid sound stage, don't stress about amping the rear speakers, i used to run them from the h/u, switched of the internal amp after damping, nobody has realised that they are not connected and has been 2weeks, a solid front stage makes a big difference, trust me.....
Old 4th August 2009, 10:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

@vijay_n81, my money would be on the AVX-44. Sound wise they don't have much to differentiate, but in looks the Chameleon is miles ahead. Also, I am not sure if the Pio gives 5.1 output.

Why did you mention DVC? At the power level you are thinking of, an SVC would do just fine (in bridge mode, each channel drives half the load, so an SVC 4 ohm will appear as 2ohms to each channel).

JBL has, apart from the (ported) tube, a single-sub sealed box, a single-sub ported box, a dual sub ported box, etc. etc. A single-sub sealed box is what you are looking for. Of course there are other brands doing the same, but instead of trusting a dealer's word, check on the brand's website. With Ground Zero subs one can order the Ground Zero box separately - check with (PM) @bass&trouble for the price and availability.
Old 4th August 2009, 11:45   #13
BHPian

Thanks Stefenm and Delarte,

Is there any one of the forum who has an AVX 44 fitted on a safari, Would like to visualize how it would look like, Any pics please.

@ Delarte, yes, will check out for JBL sub on the webpage and check what would suit my requriement.

btw any recommendation for the rear speakers, I understand that having a component is not going to be a value add as its going to be powered by the HU. What would be the ideal Co - ax that would suit.
Old 4th August 2009, 13:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Use Infinity coax - 5.25". 6.5" will require modifications which you may not like. Ditto in front.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:24   #15
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea about JL Audio, I heard that Bala from Chennai technocrats uses more of JL components in the front. is this better than infinity.

Your views please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks