Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 14:46   #31
BHPian

Can anyone here give me there review on Vibez audio sister concern moral have heard quite good review for them. I am planning to plonk them on my punto for front and punto's OE front for back
and OE back speakers in trash. Obviously DSP and Amp will come along and sub later sometime.

Edit:
I am not going to change HU under any circumstances. thanks
Old 29th May 2010, 20:11   #32
BHPian

I am thinking of doing some upgrades to my Emotion Pack while keeping my Headunit intact. Did some research and need inputs from you all here.

I have checked JBL & Blaupunkt so far, plan to check Harman Infinity, Rockford Fosgate & Illusion sometime next weekend. (I think Harman Kardon, Illusion & MTX will stretch my budget too much)

Currently the in JBL I am thinking of getting the following setting.

GT5-265C - 2 way Components for front
GT5-265 - Co-axials for Rear

and if need be the GT5-644 Amplifier.

The issue is getting power to Amplifier (need to get a cable from Battery to power the Amp)

Checked with Blaupunkt dealer in Bandra today about the Punto/Linea compatible upgrades for ICE. The Bluapunkt dealer suggested the following

VC 662 Pro for Front
VX542 for rear
or VC 542 Pro for rear

and for Amp he suggested THA 555 PnP, this Amp can be directly connected to the OEM headunit and will be powered by the headunit. No need to run separate cables from Battery. This being a 5 Channel amp can power the sub without having any effect on the Fader control

Guys, need your inputs on this, I am not very happy with the default (OEM) speakers. The Blupunkt dealer is saying I really won't be needing the Amp if I am not putting the sub. The JBL dealer is saying I would need the Amp. Little confused there on what should be better.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Both are correct, in their own way.

1. The speakers can be run off the OE HU. Components are any day better than the OE speakers
2. Adding an amp enhances the listening experience, since an external amp has a larger dynamic range than the built-in amp of the HU
3. A sub covers a frequency range not reproduced by the speakers. One doesn't use a sub only for creating a boom for impressing the bystanders - many genres of music like Rap, Hip Hop etc. sound incomplete without the low bass
4. The Blaupunkt dealer is probably trying to soften the impact of the price on you when he told you about the amp being needed only if you are putting in a sub. VPc components are priced high. You could also ask him for the price for THc / THx speakers. THA555pnp is a good amp, and it is a hassle-free addition for Blau OE HUs
5. With the JBL amp, you will be able to drive the components and the sub, but not the rear speakers. With the 5-channel amp, you will be able to drive all the speakers and the sub

Before buying, do ask for an audition of the speakers to check if you like the sound signature.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:00   #34
BHPian

Thanks! DerAlte, I will check the THc & Thx series also. I suppose I will go in steps, thinking first to get the OE speakers replaced and then next step to get an Amp and Sub. Right now I am not in much favor of a sub as I will loose the boot-space to quite a good extend.

I am looking for better SQ then do you recommend JBL, for some reason I found them much more noisier with good bass but no much of clarity. Same was the case with Sony Xplod. Any suggestions on which other brands I can look for to get a better SQ?
Old 31st May 2010, 21:17   #35
BHPian

Details Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
My 2 paise: The stock Blaupunkt HU is nothing to write home about. Even if you add an amp, and comp speakers, you'll notice that the HU tends to flatten the sound as the volume is cranked up. So, the quality of sound begins to diminish as the volume is cranked up(Probably the DSP of the HU trying to protect the stock speakers). Not a very nice thing, after one has blown a bundle on the setup.

I experienced this on my Linea Emotion, and finally decided to chuck out the stock HU and replace with a Kenny X993. Very happy now.

IMHO, since you have the Punto Emotion and no Blue and ME, it would be better to replace the HU. This will free you from the clutches of Blaupunkt(remember, you're thinking of the PnP amp, also from Blau). Spend the money on a good HU, wiring, and a 4 channel amp,compos up front, stock speakers at the back(powered from the HU) and a sub. Later you could go in a 4 a mono amp, and rear compo speakers.
Hi,

Dear ghost rider, please give me details/link on changing HU to the other brand, My GPE+ delivery scheduled in next week, My present setup http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/373672-post98.html - [present HU unit 7950UB] will be removed from swift & want to use same in GPE+,[for me B&ME not much required] Do you got the HU console box which is fitted in dynamic model, which i think will make easy to fix HU easily,

Last edited by subbarao : 31st May 2010 at 21:19.
Old 31st May 2010, 22:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Unlike you i love the Blue&Me functionality along with the steering mounted controls, the only reason i am stuck with the stock HU.

I changed the front speakers to JBL components without Amplifier, the HU is not powerful enough to power the components. The sound distorts with Bass heavy tracks.

I plan to get a amplifier to power the speakers, Is there some amplifier from Blaupunkt that can be used with stock HU? How much would a basic 2-channel Amplifier cost?
Old 31st May 2010, 22:15   #37
BHPian

@subbarao: are you sure you want to chuck out the Blue & ME , if you are going to drive the car then its a must

@.anshuman: As per the Blaupunkt dealer in Bandra, Blaupunkt has Pnp series amps, (plug & play) which can be used with stock HU. These will not need a separate power cable and will draw power from the HU. You might want to check with the dealer for the 2 channel one. The 5 Channel is around 24K
Old 31st May 2010, 23:01   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Thanks Arishi, Where can i get number for the Blaupunkt dealer in Delhi region?

It will be even better if this Amp comes with a line out, then i can shift one Subwoofer and a monoblock from my Elantra to Punto.
Old 31st May 2010, 23:07   #39
BHPian

.Anshuman, I am not very sure of the Bluapunkt dealer in Delhi (I think its in Khan Market, but please check on other threads for the same)

You can check the various Pnp amps available from Blaupunkt here

P.S: I will check with the Blaupunkt dealer here about the Delhi address if he can provide. I am planning to visit him coming weekend.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
@subbarao: are you sure you want to chuck out the Blue & ME , if you are going to drive the car then its a must
Hi,

As i use my mobile very less in while driving i don't need BT to talk/listen to music, usb is enough for me with good ICE setup, please elaborate the Blue & ME necessity to drive the car.
Old 1st June 2010, 14:44   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Lets please avoid the Off-topic discussion and continue with the purpose of the thread.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ Thanks Arishi, Where can i get number for the Blaupunkt dealer in Delhi region?

It will be even better if this Amp comes with a line out, then i can shift one Subwoofer and a monoblock from my Elantra to Punto.
I was exploring the option of getting a Blau PNP amp myself when I bought my car. But did'nt want to spend so much on an amp. So, decided to get a 4 channel LOC and hook that up to a Kenny 8404.

anyway, I did speak to one Mr. Javed of Blaupunkt here in Delhi. His no. is +919818676437.

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Dear ghost rider, please give me details/link on changing HU to the other brand, My GPE+ delivery scheduled in next week, My present setup http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/373672-post98.html - [present HU unit 7950UB] will be removed from swift & want to use same in GPE+,[for me B&ME not much required] Do you got the HU console box which is fitted in dynamic model, which i think will make easy to fix HU easily,
Yes, I ordered the Dynamic model dashkit to fit the aftermarket HU. Costs INR 243/- from the dealership.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:55   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

@ghost_rider: Thanks for the contact details, I'll contact him soon.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:08   #45
BHPian

@ Anshuman - Any further updates ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks